Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I don't think anyone will challenge the Nats in the East this year. Maybe they'll start out slow, but ultimately, there's no staying power amongst the 4 of them.

I think the Phillies could be a royal pain in the ass though, with Hoskins and co, if he can even sniff that onslaught of last summer, and if Arrieta doesn't suck.

The Phillies worry me more than any other team--they have a pretty good lineup, if they get pitching past Arrieta and Nola, they'll be dangerous. The Mets won't be much more than .500. Syndergaard will have his huge K-numbers, but will get hit as well--he's still just a thrower, rather than a pitcher. deGrom is good, but the rest of that rotation is either ineffective or completely unable to stay healthy. The lineup has gaping holes, plus, who knows what Conforto will bring. Cespedes doesn't care--he's all flash, 0 substance. Gonzalez sucks, Frazier is declining, Ass-Cab is mediocre, Lagares is a good glove, no bat. And Harvey is our BP pitcher. We routinely kick the Mets ass, year-in, and year-out.

Im starting to get worried about the Nats this year.  Their spring training has shown me nothing. I get records dont matter, outings dont matter - but some things DO matter.

Patterns matter.  Sloppiness matters.  The entire thing with Ryan Zimmerman is a huge flag to me.  I get the entire "Let me get ready with minor leagues to go at my own pace"  but now - yesterday -STILL not playing at all with all the starters.  NOW hes not even playing with anyone. Just taking a couple days off before opening day???

I hope im wrong but this team seems to think just be showing up they are gonna win 95+ games.  

7 minutes ago, TMK9973 said:

Im starting to get worried about the Nats this year.  Their spring training has shown me nothing. I get records dont matter, outings dont matter - but some things DO matter.

Patterns matter.  Sloppiness matters.  The entire thing with Ryan Zimmerman is a huge flag to me.  I get the entire "Let me get ready with minor leagues to go at my own pace"  but now - yesterday -STILL not playing at all with all the starters.  NOW hes not even playing with anyone. Just taking a couple days off before opening day???

I hope im wrong but this team seems to think just be showing up they are gonna win 95+ games.  

I was wondering this the other day myself. I haven't watched any Spring games this year, but every time I check the scores it looks like the Nats were blown out. Just like you, I get that the wins/losses don't matter this time of year, but what's going on??

14 minutes ago, TMK9973 said:

6 minutes ago, CaptainJames2004 said:

I was wondering this the other day myself. I haven't watched any Spring games this year, but every time I check the scores it looks like the Nats were blown out. Just like you, I get that the wins/losses don't matter this time of year, but what's going on??

I have just the thing for you boys. Have one (or a few) of these. 

Nats_Park_DC_juice_boxes.0.jpeg

They are new this year at Nats Park.  Juice boxes for adults, from District Coolers.  Guaranteed to take the edge off of any spring worrywort.  Look for the District coolers stand by Section 108.

FYI, 7 Line Asshats and DC Mets Douchebags  will be there on Saturday. Brink stink bombs, and throw them into their section? Actually, I'm not sure they'll notice, over their own stench of general failure. 

Have fun, I got to sit it the seats right next to the dugout last year. It's awesome to see the interactions you don't see on camera.

I think the Zimmerman thing is overblown.  The facts specific to his situation are (1) he has had a lot of chronic injuries that are "wear and tear" type injuries.  I myself have chronic plantar fasciitis and everything Zimm has said rings true to me.  Best thing to do is just stay off it whenever you can.  (2) If Zimm were ever a problem child, or had any kind of history of going rogue, then I would be concerned.  But 12 years of Zimm never putting a foot wrong or making a bonehead decision should buy him the benefit of the doubt here.  

My main concern is that Murphy doesn't come back for a long, long time ... or at all.  My other concern is that Davey struggles to find the sweet spot between "having fun" and "having too much fun and being sloppy."

Interesting.  Trea Turner is batting 6th... in front of Michael A. Taylor so that Taylor sees more fastballs.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Finally Opening Day is upon us. The road to the World Series begins in Cincinatti.

Not sure about that lineup though. I want Turner hitting leadoff.

I'm open to seeing how it goes.  He seemed to press at times at the top of the lineup. Maybe he'll be more patient at the plate at this spot.

Archived