Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

38 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

What's the deal with Zimmerman? And any update on Murphy?

He’s been playing in minor league games. Doing fine. Gonna get some reps with the big squad this week. Sense is he’s just taking it easy. I support it. 

Murphy is just starting to do activity like taking grounders. Don’t count on seeing him til May/June imo. 

We saw Murphy on the synthetic practice field last week playing catch.  He would field a grounder and then do exaggerated crouches and crow hops before throwing the ball back.  Obviously testing out the knee.  He looked smooth and, if I'm not mistaken, was carrying less weight.  Maybe on the same diet as Wieters.

I wouldn't be surprised if we had a bit of a slow start this year with Murph out early and guys like Zimm and Rendon being notoriously slow starters. I think we'll hover around .500 for the first month or so but then explode around Memorial Day and by the All Star Break, we'll have a firm lead on the division.

26 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we had a bit of a slow start this year with Murph out early and guys like Zimm and Rendon being notoriously slow starters. I think we'll hover around .500 for the first month or so but then explode around Memorial Day and by the All Star Break, we'll have a firm lead on the division.

Mets fans will be thumping their chests about "just like 2015" before we blow their doors off.

So yeah, everybody can take a deep breath with Zimmerman.  There are no injury issues. He only had some general soreness at the start of camp. He just prefers getting his reps on the minor league fields, and he and Davey Martinez worked out this regimen for him.  Those games are less structured. He can bat lead-off every inning if he wants.  He can sit out an inning in the field and then get back in the lineup.  There's less pressure to make the diving attempt in the field or stretch a single into a double.  He's stretched himself to 6 or 7 innings a couple of times, which is what the starters generally do in the Grapefruit League games anyway.

My prediction... he'll be fine.

http://www.masnsports.com/nationals-pastime/2018/03/zimmerman-not-a-doubt-in-my-mind-that-im-ready-to-go.html

So the 7-line Asshats and the D.C.Mets Douchebags are both going to the game on Apr 7. Get ready for an overwhelming, nausiating stench of Axe Body Spray and Failure.

Personally, I love how the DC Mets Douchebags tout 110+ fans...when it's like 30, tops.

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Thank them for their patronage as they can come watch their team get their asses kicked...again

I started jawing with the DC Douchebags--to the point they tweeted at me until past 2 am. Then claimed they'd love if more people would give them a hard time. I was one person--if they whole section did it, they'd never return.

For the most part I don't have a problem with most opposing fans--just don't be an asshole, which describes these two groups perfectly. They're obnoxious, heckle, flip people off, and are just there to ruin everyone else's time.

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

How much of a life do you have to not have for all this "Fan Takeover" stuff anyway (at least when it's done in an obnoxious manner)? And the Mets are going to suck ass, anyway. Its probably good to do those micropenis  fan takeovers when your team is actually good.

They're Mets fans, drive-thrus around the area will be short staffed...

Archived