Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

2 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Austin Adams had impressive stuff. Heavy mid 90s sinker. Filthy slider. Name to watch.

Reading his command is his biggest issue, he walks a lot of guys. Hopefully he can make some strides in that department. 

Nats need at least one rotation guy to step up in 2018... not necessarily for this year but for next when we lose Gio. Top candidates are Cole, Voth, Crowe, and Romero. Need one of those guys to do something to really earn a spot in the 2019 rotation. 

Im very high on Wil Crowe. He seems like a J-Zimm type: Good stuff, good control, isn't going to rack up the Strasburg/Scherzer K numbers, but won't walk very many either. Zimmermann's career average is only 7.1 k/9, while walking 1.9 per 9. 

Crowe's scouting report: https://www.minorleagueball.com/2017/5/25/15660244/wil-crowe-rhp-university-of-south-carolina

I like Romero's potential, but he's boom or bust. He has the stuff, but there are serious questions.

I prefer the options we have in-house, and I don;t think it'll be Cole all year. I think either Crowe or Romero will push for a 2nd half promotion, or Fedde will make a jump. We also have Ross coming back in August. Of Cobb, Arrieta, and Lynn, Arrieta has the lowest FIP at 4.16. For what he is reportedly asking for? Hard pass.

12 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm surprised we haven't gone after a vet to fill the #5 SP role. I guess Rizzo really has faith in Cole and/or some other young guys.

Last option for cole and cole did damn well late in the year. You basically need 5 innings from Cole and you can get that.  He can be the long man in the plaoyffs. 

Ok. Going on the record now: it is absolutely ridiculous to bring on a goofy rookie manager in Harper and Murphy’s walk year. This is The Window and we’re ****ing experimenting with how a manager can do his goddamn job. 

****ing camels man. Camels!?!?

This is going to blow up so hard in the Lerners’ faces and they’ll deserve it and damn it I want Davey to prove me wrong. 

Whatever it takes to get them over. If it takes goofy stuff like this to reinforce it - if this is something that will stick in their minds when it's August and they're hitting a slump (God forbid) - then sure. Hell, let's have a "Bring Your Camel to the Park" day or a camel petting zoo along the Navy Yard. I'll gladly put $20 down for a little stuffed camel with a Nationals cap stitched to its head. 

Whatever it takes because my God I'm sick of seeing this team get drummed out of the NLDS 

maxresdefault.jpg

"I WANT THAT PENNANT!" 

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Surprised you guys haven't gone after Arrieta hard.  I think he makes sense for your rotation.

Kevin Long, huge asset.  I think Harper has another MVP type year.  

Arrieta is a terrible contract waiting to happen. 32, fastball down 2 MPH, mechanical questions, plus late signing makes him a major injury risk, plus QO attached. I'd rather stick with what we have.

Archived