Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

22 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Non roster invite

I looked him up.  He's a 24 year old switch-hitting catcher named Taylor Gushue we got last year September in a trade with the Pittsburgh Pirates.  He hit 18 homers in 91 games at Potomac.  He was named, along with Victor Robles, as a year-end Potomac League All-Star.

58ee3d245b1bd.image.jpg

He speaks fluent Spanish.  He took three years of Spanish in high school, two more at the University of Florida, and went on a mission to Mexico.  That came in handy because all  five of Potomac Nationals' starting rotation were Spanish speakers from the Domincan Republic.

He also walked his first AB, then scorched a double to the LF wall second AB.

Another impressive performance was Wander Suero. Struck out the side in the 7th. Has a NASTY cutter. Faced 3 RHHs and made all of them look foolish hacking away at the cutter. 

Also had a big bendy curveball. Had a little trouble throwing it for strikes, but the cutter was more then enough. Very Melancon-esque type stuff.

25 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I was really impressed with Suero, the Curve had great movement, even if he didn't control it. 

And that catch by Robles...woah nelly

How do you feel about Milone? Had a good outing today. Might be nice to have a nice finesse LHP out there to mix things up from the rest of the rotation being big power arms.

Probably feel that way I think I'd take anyone over AJ Cole or Edwin Jackson as the 5th guy.

31 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

How do you feel about Milone? Had a good outing today. Might be nice to have a nice finesse LHP out there to mix things up from the rest of the rotation being big power arms.

Probably feel that way I think I'd take anyone over AJ Cole or Edwin Jackson as the 5th guy.

If we're relying on Tommy Milone for any significant innings, we're in trouble. It means Cole, EJax, Fedde and others failed, and/or got injured.

Kinda like giving Dan Uggla 300 PAs in 2015  

Really like the youngins hitting the ball for contact with RISP.  I know it's off of "Guys who will be bagging groceries in a couple weeks," but it's important to emphasize moving runners.

Kieboom is a cool name for a catcher, too.

Archived