Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

Saw Ryan Zimmerman at Starbucks last week.  Our kids go to school together, he was in front of me in carpool line, then we both went to Starbucks. 

Hes a good dude. See him at a lot of the school events during the off season.  They’ve moved down to Florida for spring training so sadly his daughter can’t come to mine’s bday party, which Is this weekend.  They’re good friends.... I’m trying to convince my 4 year old that she REALLY needs to stay friends with his daughter. :) (j/k)

First time I met him, He came to the school Halloween parade last year a week or two after the nats had flamed out again in the playoffs.  We were pushing our kids on the swings next to each other.  I introduced myself, he said “Hi, I’m Ryan,” and with a pretty good poker face, I asked him what he did.  He stared at me for a second, noticed I was wearing a Nats hat, and we both laughed. 

I felt bad for posting on here in the previous off-season they should have traded him to an AL team. :P I didn’t tell him that though...

6 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

When MLB Network starts showing spring games, that's when it feels real to me. I know it's meaningless. I know the pitchers are working on stuff. I know guys rotate out after a few innings. I don't care. It's just sights and sounds even through the TV that make me feel good about it.

Man, you should do a spring training trip.  If you live in a cold weather climate, it's like an escape.  And you get so close to the players you can hear the chatter and them joking around.  Talk about sights and sounds.  It brings you back to Little League.  Guys tossing the ball around, doing drills. You see them up close and relaxed and their personalities come through.  And all under crystal blue skies and 70 degree weather.

19 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Man, you should do a spring training trip.  If you live in a cold weather climate, it's like an escape.  And you get so close to the players you can hear the chatter and them joking around.  Talk about sights and sounds.  It brings you back to Little League.  Guys tossing the ball around, doing drills. You see them up close and relaxed and their personalities come through.  And all under crystal blue skies and 70 degree weather.

My Aunt (Mom's older sister) and boyfriend of 30+ years go to Spring Training and enjoy it. It's so cool, she's in her 70s and loves the Nats. They are so excited to go to the new location this year. They went on baseball tours in the Dominican Republic and even Cuba and loved it.

Maybe one year I'll go.

Right. If anything, Glover is drifting into longshot territory. The Nats might be wise to consider shelving him early on and for a significant amount of time. I'd rather have somebody with a track record of health to be in the pen. 

Is Jackson's trying to convert into a long reliever this spring? 

On 2/16/2018 at 12:28 AM, Voice_of_Reason said:

I introduced myself, he said “Hi, I’m Ryan,” and with a pretty good poker face, I asked him what he did.  He stared at me for a second, noticed I was wearing a Nats hat, and we both laughed.

That is a fantastic story.  I just got a kick out of that.  Love hearing about stuff like this.

7 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

My kids are too young to enjoy spring training but I have been talking with the wife about going in 2020 (when the kids will be 4 and 2). Can’t wait. 

If you're jonesing that hard most colleges start this week.  I know Mary Wash down here in F'burg has a couple of games I'm taking my youngins to.

13 hours ago, DC9 said:

If you're jonesing that hard most colleges start this week.  I know Mary Wash down here in F'burg has a couple of games I'm taking my youngins to.

My ECU Pirates swept their first series of the season this weekend. :) 

One of the biggest things I miss about living in Greenville - getting college baseball to tie me over until April. 

Archived