Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

Well he's playing for a potential MONSTER contract. I expect a fully locked in Harper.

At least give us a World Series ring before you decide to leave Harps. Please...

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Happy Maxiversary!

He's already proven to be worth the money if not more than worth the money even if he never threw another pitch.

I wouldn't mind, if he is really over that slide. Here would be perfect for him though. He can just settle in and take full control of that 3rd slot, putting Gio in a less stressful 4, and Roark at 5, killing two birds with one stone *getting a great pitcher, and solving the question mark at 5

I worry about Taylor. There is very little to indicate he has changed his approach--his contact rate, swinging strike rate, K rate, Walk rate are all in line with his career numbers. He has a 52-point spike in BABIP last year, and a power surge. Will that continue? We'll see, but there are questions

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I think we might see some regression out of Taylor. But he should still at the worst be a valuable contributor.

Though it would be sad to see, If he could just provide gold glove CF play and do basically what he did last year, with no improvement, it's a lot more than most teams would get out of the 7-8 spot.

Our weakness right now is SP after Scherzer and Stras. Roark is okay but Gio is not reliable and Ross's future is probably in the bullpen.

If I'm Rizzo I try to go all out to win this year. This has been a strange offseason where a lot of teams are sitting waiting for the bonanza that will be next year's free agency. I bet we can get a good deal for someone like Archer from Tampa Bay. Imagine him as our #3 behind Scherzer and Stras. "Where's my ring?"

17 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Our weakness right now is SP after Scherzer and Stras. Roark is okay but Gio is not reliable and Ross's future is probably in the bullpen.

If I'm Rizzo I try to go all out to win this year. This has been a strange offseason where a lot of teams are sitting waiting for the bonanza that will be next year's free agency. I bet we can get a good deal for someone like Archer from Tampa Bay. Imagine him as our #3 behind Scherzer and Stras. "Where's my ring?"

You are spoiled.  If we were talking about Gio as a one or a two, you might have something.  But he's a three, and he's coming off his best season since he came to the Nats in 2012. 

I would have no problem with the Nats going out and spending for another front line starter.  But if they stand pat, starting pitching is among the least of their worries.

2 hours ago, Dan T. said:

You are spoiled.  If we were talking about Gio as a one or a two, you might have something.  But he's a three, and he's coming off his best season since he came to the Nats in 2012. 

I would have no problem with the Nats going out and spending for another front line starter.  But if they stand pat, starting pitching is among the least of their worries.

Let me rephrase. Gio in the regular season is perfectly fine. Gio in the playoffs is an absolute disaster.

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Let me rephrase. Gio in the regular season is perfectly fine. Gio in the playoffs is an absolute disaster.

Seth Romero though will shoot through the minor leagues...

I think Roark bounces back this year too--no WBC Bull****

Archived