Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

30 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Arrieta is a terrible contract waiting to happen. 32, fastball down 2 MPH, mechanical questions, plus late signing makes him a major injury risk, plus QO attached. I'd rather stick with what we have.

Speaking of which, Cole had a solid start today in his first ST start. Some details about his off-season and some quotes from Rizzo..

15 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Arrieta is a terrible contract waiting to happen. 32, fastball down 2 MPH, mechanical questions, plus late signing makes him a major injury risk, plus QO attached. I'd rather stick with what we have.

Agree.  I think the Nats should role with Cole or whoever emerges to be the 5th starter, and if it's not working out, or an opportunity emerges, they should make a move before the trade deadline.  

Lind shoulda gotten a nice multi-year deal after last year. Crazy.

Jorge Castillo saying we're waiting to see if Arrieta's asking price drops before we decide on going after him. Rizzo being all professional about it for some reason.

2 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

At this point with it being March, I’d imagine Arrieta’s asking price is tanking. Anyone think he’d be available for a one year deal, possibly with player option for a second? Think identical to Weiter’s deal. 

Problem is, we'd lose 2 picks and $1m in international bonus pool money.

I'd still rather stick with what we have. I have serious injury concerns with him too.

2 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

At this point with it being March, I’d imagine Arrieta’s asking price is tanking. Anyone think he’d be available for a one year deal, possibly with player option for a second? Think identical to Weiter’s deal. 

11 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I'd still rather stick with what we have. I have serious injury concerns with him too.

I think you are both right. Arrieta is a good pitcher, and at some point his sking price comes down enough to make him worth it. Adam Lind just signed a minor league deal for crying out loud. 

28 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Forgot about that. Certainly changes at what point it would make sense... if at all. 

You can always roll with Cole or whoever and make a move for a fill in starter/long reliever via trade mid-season if needed.

27 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Forgot about that. Certainly changes at what point it would make sense... if at all. 

You can always roll with Cole or whoever and make a move for a fill in starter/long reliever via trade mid-season if needed.

I have a hunch we'll see Wil Crowe in the 2nd half of the year. I think he has a J-Zimm profile.

Archived