Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

It's not the same obliterating the Braves without Bubble Screen around.

Remember when Julio Teheran was better then all of our Pitchers and Chris Johnson(or was it Kelly?) was better than Ryan Zimmerman?

Go check out the Braves subreddit--I am fairly certain they hate Harper and the Nationals more than they like the Braves. The salt of their tears is palpable.

I was watching Bryce this weekend and thinking about Slateman's claims that he was going to be a .275, 20HR leftfielder and we should trade him now. It's funny, most of the malcontents don't post here anymore--makes this thread much more pleasant.

BTW, shout out to Pedro Severino for a nice 2018 debut... on base FIVE times in five plate appearances - 2 hits, 2 walks, and a HBP.  And he looked, dare I say it, FAST on the basepaths.

Maybe, just maybe, he's finally ready to stay at the big league level.  He's a definite upgrade defensively versus either Wieters or Montero.  Whatever offense he provides is a bonus, and not far off from what either of the other two guys gives.  Should be an interesting couple of weeks to see what he does with Wieters out.. 

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

BTW, shout out to Pedro Severino for a nice 2018 debut... on base FIVE times in five plate appearances - 2 hits, 2 walks, and a HBP.  And he looked, dare I say it, FAST on the basepaths.

Maybe, just maybe, he's finally ready to stay at the big league level.  He's a definite upgrade defensively versus either Wieters or Montero.  Whatever offense he provides is a bonus, and not far off from what either of the other two guys gives.  Should be an interesting couple of weeks to see what he does with Wieters out.. 

An  easy K is one thing, but he is obviously useless on the basepaths as well. Honestly I'd rather have Severino, and was hoping he's get the nod before the season started

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Go check out the Braves subreddit--I am fairly certain they hate Harper and the Nationals more than they like the Braves. The salt of their tears is palpable.

I was watching Bryce this weekend and thinking about Slateman's claims that he was going to be a .275, 20HR leftfielder and we should trade him now. It's funny, most of the malcontents don't post here anymore--makes this thread much more pleasant.

Slateman is still spewing his nonsense.

Hasn't changed a bit.

Still thinks he's the smartest guy in the room when it comes to baseball.

Why I stopped listening to 106.7 years ago. But it's mostly them now. Wise/Holden, Sheehan/Loverro, and Reid shows are history. Czabe is okay, though his cynical nature just teases the threshold sometimes.

But I have by and large had enough with people choosing the realm if sports radio/debate to pretend to shout and hurl from their high horses, ivory towers and glass houses. Like seriously, wtf are you so angry about?

Some of those dudes take it to levels that make you think they were molested by a gang of clowns or something. It's sports. I want to listen to it to get away from life. I don't want to listen to some loser whine nonstop over some meaningless nonsense, and I have no earthly idea why so many people find it listenable.

30 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

why do people listen to sports radio anyways?

Never could stand it when I lived in the DC area. At one point my manager at the time would come in every morning looking to continue the nonsense discussion that had just been taking place on 106.7 and it drove me ****ing nuts. 

46 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

ICYMI 1067 and 980 are garbage DC radio stations who feed off negativity. You should listen to them as infrequently as possible. 

What is the context here?  I don't listen to local sports-talk (because it is trash). Please tell me FP told Chad Dukes to suck his wang and called him a fat loser.  But like, without being negative. :)

Oh well. Montero back behind the plate tonight.  Brian Goodwin in center instead of Michael A. ...

WASHINGTON NATIONALS

LF Adam Eaton
3B Anthony Rendon
RF Bryce Harper
1B Ryan Zimmerman
2B Howie Kendrick
SS Trea Turner
CF Brian Goodwin
C Miguel Montero
RHP A.J. Cole

ATLANTA BRAVES
CF Ender Inciarte
2B Ozzie Albies
1B Freddie Freeman
RF Nick Markakis
LF Preston Tucker
SS Dansby Swanson
3B Ryan Flaherty
C Chris Stewart
RHP Julio Teheran

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

What is the context here?  I don't listen to local sports-talk (because it is trash). Please tell me FP told Chad Dukes to suck his wang and called him a fat loser.  But like, without being negative. :)

From what I gather FP was asked in an interview to comment on his overwhelmingly positive broadcasting style. He basically said if you want negativity listen to sports radio, and the sports radio guys are all butthurt about it. 

11 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

From what I gather FP was asked in an interview to comment on his overwhelmingly positive broadcasting style. He basically said if you want negativity listen to sports radio, and the sports radio guys are all butthurt about it. 

I love FP.  For this reason and just generally.  

Archived