Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

Welp - put the jinx on myself and the rest of you planning on going to the game Saturday. Bought the tickets last week and what do I see for the forecast? 

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=38.8711900701126&lon=-77.00890993825462#.WsQMvS7wbIU

And there's not even a Friday night game (no way I can skip work to go to a Thursday afternoon game). I'm going with my girlfriend to a lecture at Gettysburg College on Sunday (it's a worthy event though - Holocaust survivor speaking). 

Boy, I was really looking forward to going down there. Damn it. 

The sports people in this town are too Redskin focused. Their knowledge is severely lacking in other sports. Sheehan knows basketball, but that's basically it. Trying to listen to Doc or B Mitch talk anything but football is painful, its like listening to a 5 year old try to explain theoretical physics.

I'm telling you Eaton changes this whole team.  When a pitcher needs to go to stretch against Rendon, Harper and Zimm with guys on, it is going to be big trouble.  In years past, we would need the #2 hitter and #3 hitter to get out for Zimm and Murphy to hit HRs.  We don't need that anymore

Just now, CRobi21 said:

Hellickson stretched out to 80-90 pitches today in minor league game.

Cole isn't a major league pitcher.

Yep. Known that for years. Can only assume the plan was to not spend on a FA pitcher, hope someone steps up, and if not just trade for a rotation guy during the season.

Archived