Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

9 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

Speaking of the Bills, looks like they’re putting everything into getting their future QB. Too bad they jumped us. Was hoping they’d be a trade down partner.

I don't think this move is to get a QB, but rather someone like Notre Dame LT Mike McGlinchey. the thing about Cordy Glenn is that the Bills have not been impressed with him for a couple years now. I think they wanted him to be a standout tackle, but he's turned into a so-so player who isn't giving any effort. 

18 minutes ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

The 4m quoted sounds fair.  He is not a top ILB because he struggles against the pass which is why he couldn't get more than the 3m we gave him last year.  Buffalo let him walk and we did not have much competition for his services, his 1 year here proved he is who everyone thought he was, a good but not great player.  The big money only comes if a cash rich team decides to overpay him, glad that won't be us.

the problem with one year deals, they expect a payday afterward unless they aren't worth keeping

Wilkerson is just super inconsistent based on PFF numbers. He had dominated stretches last season and crap stretches last season. 

Seems like he also was a headache in the locker room. 

So hard guy for me to value. He could be good if you can get him motivated. Can be bad for your team if stuff goes south. 

Suh still plays at high level but his price tag and age work against him. He is either getting paid from a team or will choose a lower deal to chase a championship ring. Don't think we are an option for him. Wrong scheme and we can't offer him the best deal or best situation to win a ring. 

28 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

Wilkerson Allen and Suh would be devastating. 

I'm down.  Let's win that offseason trophy!  Going 8-8 anyways, may as well be excited for the summer months.  And if that works out then thats a bonus.  

Preparing to lose: all our bigger FAs (Murphy, Galette, Brown, Breeland)

Preparing to bring back: Spencer Long

Not sexy in terms of internal players, but I would expect that you keep free most of our cap space to make a couple splashes on:

DL, WR

And a couple "decent" guys at ILB and CB (think veteran $3-4m/yr guy at slot and a Preston Brown type for $3-4/yr)

Leaving ILB, RB, OL and CB/S as targets in the draft

If Honey Badger is cut, then I'd add him to the list.

7 minutes ago, mudpig said:

I'm down.  Let's win that offseason trophy!  Going 8-8 anyways, may as well be excited for the summer months.  And if that works out then thats a bonus.  

generic one liners

Chiefs was a bodybag game, changed everything.....that game

1. Grant Paulsen Retweeted Jason La Canfora

This is good to see. #Redskins clearly more engaged in top of the DL market this time around. In the past they've waited on the Paea, Reyes, McGee, McClain tier.

Grant Paulsen added,

Jason La CanforaVerified account @JasonLaCanfora
    Teams I continue to hear looking to add DT (Poe, Star, S. Richardson) with most fervor are KC, TB, IND, DEN, WSH

Paea and Reyes were Day 1 signings for them! Awful moves.

2 replies0 retweets4 likes

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Brown is the big one. We lose him we fall way behind on D.

His terrible coverage skills beg to differ. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to ever see a Will Compton on the field for us again, but Brown can walk also if he won't take less than top tier $.

1 hour ago, Peregrine said:

Im sorry, but if we are balking at $6 million per for a top ILB, we are dumber than I thought.

Of course, we always turn out to be dumber than I thought.

It’s economics ILBers don’t get the money other positions get

https://overthecap.com/position/inside-linebacker

An average of 6 a year would make him the seventh highest paid in the league player and he’s one dimensional. 

15 hours ago, Gibbit said:

generic one liners

Chiefs was a bodybag game, changed everything.....that game

Huh?  

And maybe these guys shouldn't be such vaginas and stay healthy.  I forgot were in this current era...  Toe ache, miss 2 weeks.  Reed and the rest of the girls need to be gone, you can't win with such softness.  Period.  The NFL isn't even near as tough as it used to be.  

Jay and Jon I guess might see eye to eye on some talent

http://lvraidersreport.com/2018/03/12/breaking-news-paul-richardson/

Sources: Raiders to Pursue Paul Richardson

March 12, 2018

League sources have confirmed to Las Vegas Raiders Report that former Seattle wide receiver Paul Richardson is high on the Raiders free agency wish list.

5 minutes ago, mudpig said:

Huh?  

And maybe these guys shouldn't be such pu**ies and stay healthy.  I forgot were in this current era...  Toe ache, miss 2 weeks.  Reed and the rest of the girls need to be gone, you can't win with such softness.  Period.  The NFL isn't even near as tough as it used to be.  

think a lot of them were brain injuries though, or at least protocol

Doctson yeah.....Sua.....

I posted here yesterday I thought that Murf maybe a good signing if he comes cheap due to the PEDs. Priced right I think almost every team would be in on him didn’t surprise me

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Jay and Jon I guess might see eye to eye on some talent

http://lvraidersreport.com/2018/03/12/breaking-news-paul-richardson/

Sources: Raiders to Pursue Paul Richardson

March 12, 2018

League sources have confirmed to Las Vegas Raiders Report that former Seattle wide receiver Paul Richardson is high on the Raiders free agency wish list.

I like this. Let’s trade for Crabtree so they can pickup Richardson. Otherwise that’s just too much money into that receiver group to take seriously

Archived