Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

28 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I think McPhee is going to have cost more than most expect.  

If we signed him as some are saying it means that he won't be overpaid. We don't overpay anymore. We miss judge ability but seem to have the contract situations under control

5 hours ago, HigSkin said:

IMO, Bree doesn't understand that one event is not his problem.  It's the series that add up and inconsistent play in a non-contact year.

if that was the case then he wouldn't have had a contract voided bhy injury he'd have been without offers

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/03/22/sam-darnold-usc-pro-day-draft-cleveland-browns-mmqb?utm_campaign=themmqb&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

FIRST AND 10

1. The Eagles’ additions of Haloti Ngata and Michael Bennett...may or may not workout. But I applaud the premise of the moves, which is to build strength on strength, something the Giants did on their defensive line back during their Super Bowl years. The idea is that the last thing a club can afford is for a couple injuries to turn a team strength into average-or-worse section of the roster, and guarding against that is something good franchises have habitually done.

ORLANDO — The Washington Redskins have informed linebacker Junior Galette that they’re “going in another direction” at his position next season, Doug Williams, the team’s senior vice president for personnel, confirmed in an interview Sunday.

Williams characterized the conversation with Galette, who had hoped to be re-signed by the Redskins, as positive from both sides.

“I did tell him we were going in another direction, and he was very thankful,” Williams said in an interview at the Ritz-Carlton in Orlando, where NFL owners convened Sunday for their annual spring meeting. “He had two Achilles’ injuries, and we stuck by him. We gave him a chance, and he’s very appreciative of it. He told me, ‘Thank you. If it wasn’t for you, I don’t know whether I’d still be here,’ so it was a good conversation.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2018/03/25/the-redskins-wont-be-bringing-back-pass-rusher-junior-galette/?utm_term=.9af9c1a79906

2. John Keim Retweeted Curt Kuzinz

Still nothing official. Was told earlier today Skins haven't been told anything. So ... keep waiting!

John Keim added,

Curt Kuzinz @CKuzinz
    Replying to @john_keim
    What's the deal with McPhee? The original report didn't sound 100% confident.

John Keim Retweeted 13months

Unrestricted FA; last I heard, they weren't sure if he would keep playing. He was a good story last summer, but the bottom line is he hasn't played in 3 years. Stronger plan: Sign or draft another; view Taylor as a bonus.

John Keim added,

13months @13months1
Replying to @john_keim
What’s the deal with Phil Taylor. Looked promising before he got injured in the preseason last year

5 hours ago, -JB- said:

Turning to Twitter never helped anybody.  Also, nobody is going to give him a deal like Carolina offered him, after the failed physical.  It is what it is.  Gonna have to man up like Ryan Grant and take that one year deal ??‍♂️

Truer words have never been spoken. What a cesspool that site is :)

4 hours ago, jerryred said:

i got a question  for yall what happens if the redskins sign hankins and both safety in the draft are taken by the time the redskins pick, what they do take the best player available, reach on a rb, or trade back

I would try to trade back. If I couldnt and both safeties are gone than there is a good possibility Ward is there. I would take him. If he is gone then you take your to RB. For me that would be Guice.

5 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Getting past the Hankins talk right now. Get the feeling we're being played to drive the price. No doubt Bruce is going lower than needs be, however I'm thinking it is 50/50 on why the deal isn't moving. 

Could be time to switch to Logan, 3 year 20 mil deal and use the spare cap space for Boone and Maclin.

I don't get the desire for Maclin, he's a player that's been declining for 2 straight seasons.

48 minutes ago, MariusVT said:

I don't get the desire for Maclin, he's a player that's been declining for 2 straight seasons.

Yeah,he definitely has!..we need an upgrade at our WR group,not another body just to the group..we got enough “depth” type guys,we need a #1 type player if we’re looking to add anybody else imo.

6 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Logan is another Hood, McLain, McGee etc.  Just a guy.  

Not gonna say you’re wrong, but I think he’s a notch above those guys.  

Was just coming to post this article when I saw your post... this isn’t in response to you, just thought it was interesting.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/chiefswire.usatoday.com/2017/09/15/film-study-bennie-logan-a-force-in-the-middle/amp/

One last thing... PFF didn’t rate Logan too hot last year (was it a 68.4?), but the year before he was ranked League’s 13 best run stopper with a score of 88.something.  It’s PFF, but I thought it bore mentioning.  

8 hours ago, William Barbour said:

I think the issue lies in if Hankins is worth 9 million to the front office with Ionnadis and Lanier taking such huge steps in a year. 

The defensive line was impressive till after Chiefs game. When the abnormal amount of inuries happened it started to fail. 

If its me, I would rather draft a DT and let Tomsula coach him up. 

You have Sherff, Crowder, and Smith deals coming up. If Ionnadis has a strong year, you may want to re-sign him early. 

If the going price for a good DLineman is 9-10mil a year. In 3 years, we could have 3 DLineman on the roster taking up 40% of the defensive cap. 

Our DL was never actually “impressive” last year— it was just “more impressive” by our depressing standards of to how to impress. :ols:

I really liked what I saw from Ionnadis/Allen/Lanier at times last year, but none of them are true run-stoppers— and ALL of them would greatly benefit from having one in the mix.  (Healthy Phil Taylor could have made us scary good, I think.)

In a perfect world, we could draft Payne (who I like more than Vea AND Hankins) and be great for the next few years—- unfortunately we traded away our best young CB, lost a ton of depth at virtually every position, and have no 3rd round pick.  We need to trade back if possible (I don’t think it will happen) and in the meantime, fill this glaring hole with some actual talent.

Hankins asking price is not outrageous.  He would compliment + help develop our young DL insanely well-  and then he’s a UFA in 3 years... That’s the same time we will probably cut bait with Alex Smith and be looking at a new direction for the team anyway.  Perhaps at this time, our defense is our strength and we can determine the teams idenity/priorities.  Having good players on both sides of the ball helps you evaluate talent at every position more evenly.

Spend the god damn money on Hankins already and give this team a shot to compete for the next few years!  The front office clearly doesn’t have a “master” plan, so can we please just pull out the checkbook and have some fun before these ****ing clowns burn it all back down to the ground?

44 minutes ago, LaRonDontLikeUgly said:

In a perfect world, we could draft Payne (who I like more than Vea AND Hankins) and be great for the next few years—- unfortunately we traded away our best young CB, lost a ton of depth at virtually every position, and have no 3rd round pick.  We need to trade back if possible (I don’t think it will happen) and in the meantime, fill this glaring hole with some actual talent.

I feel like all the depth we lost is illusionary.  Guys who were tecnically there, but we've already figured out how to play without them because they were alreay gone

10 hours ago, carex said:

if that was the case then he wouldn't have had a contract voided bhy injury he'd have been without offers

A player with one poor season and one ok season In the last 3 years and a drug citation in his rookie season gets multi-year offers.

A player with one poor year and one ok season in the last 3 years, a drug citation in his rookie season, and an unknown non-football injury that voids a contract offer from a competing team and will keep him from passing a physical for at least a few months might start seeing one year "prove it" deals. 

9 hours ago, MariusVT said:

Low value veteran depth, familiar with our QB. Don't like the draft much at WR, so I'd see Maclin as a decent option.

what are the Rams thinking?  don't they know they already have Donald and Brockers?   why would you need a third stud in rotation?  :)

Actually seriously, on paper if they pull this off, that is one scary team.  I guess we will see.

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet
FollowingFollowing @RapSheet
More

From @GMFB, on the Ndamukong Suh free agency: The #Rams appear to be the front-runner for his services. Suh hasn’t ruled the #Titans or #Saints out, and those close to him say he’s still open-minded. But Los Angeles has emerged as the team to beat in his protracted saga.

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet
FollowingFollowing @RapSheet
More

From @gmfb: My understanding is that #Giants WR Odell Beckham Jr will not set foot on a field without a new contract extension agreed to — with the #Giants or any team. ... This comes a day after owner John Mara said no one is “untouchable” in trade talks.

I sometimes wonder what cost of living plays into these contracts.  Maybe not for the huge contracts, but if you are going to make $10 million in Nashville or Atlanta, imagine how much better standard of living you would have vs living in LA or NYC or San Fran.  That has to be a real factor, and ive never seen any football analyst mention it

Archived