Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2018 Thread (An Adult Finally Has the Gavel)

PleaseBlitz

On 8/31/2018 at 8:24 AM, Kilmer17 said:

receipts?

So to try and understand, you're okay with a disproportionate representation, as long as it's not done by the party who benefits?

No one likes to lose, but I’d say it’s worse to lose to a team that cheated.  

something i've thought for awhile....though odds may be long, it's theoretically possible that enough badness of yugely bad enough level even for president pos could pile up on him that even the senate falls as well as a gov race or two otherwise slotted as sure wins..

the woodward book should be notably more potent than its predecessors in gravitas and impact but won't do it on its own, there still would need to be a number of other significant admin-damaging events to occur to get to that point (sadly), but i'm starting to be a tiny bit hopeful it's possible...a lot can drop in trumpworld in a single month...or day...or hour...

5 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

something i've thought for awhile....though odds may be long, it's theoretically possible that enough badness of yugely bad enough level even for president pos could pile up on him that even the senate falls as well as a gov race or two otherwise slotted as sure wins..

the woodward book should be notably more potent than its predecessors in gravitas and impact but won't do it on its own, there still would need to be a number of other significant admin-damaging events to occur to get to that point (sadly), but i'm starting to be a tiny bit hopeful it's possible...a lot can drop in trumpworld in a single month...or day...or hour...

I think Trump's terribleness (coupled with some demographic factors) have put both Texas and Tennessee in play, which is crazy.  Still, there would have to be a blue wave of historic proportions to take the Senate (keep in mind, a tie goes to Republicans).  Dems are defending a lot of seats in Trump country (ND, IN, MO, MT, and WV) plus some other swingy states like PA, MN and WI. 

2 hours ago, No Excuses said:

NYT endorsed Zephyr Teachout for NY AG citing corruption in Cuomo’s admin and then endorsed Cuomo for governor ....

Ok then. 

Read both endorsements.  The endorsement for Cuomo was, basically, he has his issues but is extremely effective when he wants to be, and Cynthia Nixon is amateur hour who has no business being the governor of a real state. 

Archived