Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Cousins Play For The Skins In 2018

Veryoldschool

Will Cousins Be Back In 2018?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Will Cousins play for the Skins in 2018?

• Yes, as part of a LTD.
    • Yes, on a tag for a year
    • No, the Skins tag him and manage to trade him
    • No, the Skins let Cousins walk and he signs a LTD with another team

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2017 at 08:02 PM

19 hours ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

First your GM cannot stop a assistant from taking a HC job. That is how the NFL operates. Second, if those 2 receivers were that valuable then how come the teams that had them let them go to us? They were just me first guys interested in just a paycheck proven by Garson going to a last place team. Who needs them. I want guys that want to be here and put this team first. I was not crazy about the JD pick but you had to figure you were going to loose at least 1 of your WR so you had to try and replace one of them with a draft pick. Not our fault he is not as good as he was supposed to be. Lots of 1st round draft choices take years to pan out or some are just busts. As far as Prior didn't he have 1k receiving yards last year and we only spent 1 year on him. Smart move getting a 1k receiver on a 1 yr prove it deal. Didn't work out this year but you did not give up a long term deal. So if we had Garson instead of Prior we would still be where we are now only poorer. Without a real good defense and a running game for balance where are you going? You are going to maybe a 500 team and more lousy draft choices. Losing the next 3 games may move us into the top 6 and hopefully we can get a great player like Wentz. A cheap good QB means you can spend money on the rest of your team instead of making 1 guy the highest paid player in the league. 

Sure you can stop a GM from taking a HC job elsewhere; tie him up to a chair and have the local strip club girls stop by and give him constant lap dances!

I didn't say it in the terms you are making it out to be.

I was on the lines of simply convincing him, maybe throwing out a chunk of cash at him to just stay a few more years, then he would have gotten the team [hopefully] in high gear.  Men do change their minds.

Regarding Garcon and/or DJax, the angle I was hitting at was continuity; Cousins is familiar with these guys, he knows their strengths/weaknesses and knows they will be where they should be on the field. It was talked about early in the season about Cousins not having that comfort with the WRs and having to get acquainted with Doctson and Pryor. I'd venture to say that if they were still here this team would at least be at .500, probably closer to 8-5 but still in the hunt at least.

I think the bigger question is what does a post-Skins offense to handle the QB position in the short term?  The only "cheap" route is to go with McCoy and draft a QB immediately, however they could probably go out and try to sign a guy like Alex Smith for a reasonable amount. Maybe a 2-3 deal which buys them time to look for a long term solution.

As proven out once again this year, the team is sorely lacking in talent all areas to the point of sinking all that money into Cousins would probably equate to an 8-8 team if we were lucky.

Id rather spend that money on defense and o- line and draft a qb.

4 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I think the bigger question is what does a post-Skins offense to handle the QB position in the short term?  The only "cheap" route is to go with McCoy and draft a QB immediately, however they could probably go out and try to sign a guy like Alex Smith for a reasonable amount. Maybe a 2-3 deal which buys them time to look for a long term solution.

Option 1, drafting a guy with McCoy serving as a transitional guy makes more sense to me than Option 2, a veteran FA.  What quality FA would want to jump into this situation? 

6 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

Option 1, drafting a guy with McCoy serving as a transitional guy makes more sense to me than Option 2, a veteran FA.  What quality FA would want to jump into this situation? 

Good point, however for some players a pay day is a pay day.

1 hour ago, mojo said:

As proven out once again this year, the team is sorely lacking in talent all areas to the point of sinking all that money into Cousins would probably equate to an 8-8 team if we were lucky.

Id rather spend that money on defense and o- line and draft a qb.

I agree. As they say... Kirk Cousins will be our Matt Stafford.

19 hours ago, BleedBNG said:

I agree. As they say... Kirk Cousins will be our Matt Staffor

So we got two random radio guys from SD judging the Redskins based on what they saw on Sunday.  

From what they've observed on Sunday, the Redskins are a horrible team so they can't win so why bother with Kirk?

No context about injuries or much about other games.  To them the Redskins O line stinks.   What they saw yesterday proves it.  So if they are one of the worst teams in the NFL why bother paying Kirk?  And apparently McVay was the brains of the Redskins and now that he's gone, Jay is a lost puppy.

Ok the problem with their point is obvious.  Yeah if my view of the Redskins was the SD game and that's just who the Redskins are -- a team that had the worst yards differential in a game for the franchise -- as to yards allowed and yards gained since 1978.  Then, yeah the Redskins are a terrible team.   But the premise of their point is wildly off.

But yeah if I ran with that premise.  What we saw from the Redskins is their version of a typical game with them being at 100% strength.  In that case, yeah start over.  But we all know their premise is a mile off.   

As for Matt Stafford, yeah I am sure their fans are in a deep depression about him.  I bet they long for the days where they can go shop for the next Joey Harrington and Scot Mitchell and Charlie Batch and Rodney Pete and Chuck Long and Drew Stanton and Don Orlosvky in the draft.  I bet they were all fond memories and they are excited to try again.   And sign themselves their Jon Kitna's and be back to being the laughing stock of the NFL.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As for Matt Stafford, yeah I am sure their fans are in a deep depression about him.  I bet they long for the days where they can go shop for the next Joey Harrington and Scot Mitchell and Charlie Batch and Rodney Pete and Chuck Long and Drew Stanton and Don Orlosvky in the draft.  I bet they were all fond memories and they are excited to try again.   And sign themselves their Jon Kitna's and be back to being the laughing stock of the NFL.

:rofl89:

If only they didn't have the Stafford contract, they could just load up on free agents and win the Super Bowl.

12 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

11 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

If only they didn't have the Stafford contract, they could just load up on free agents and win the Super Bowl.

Your talking about a team that has never even BEEN to the SB. I guess for them having a high priced mediocre QB is the next best thing to being there. Of course between the two I would probably take Stafford over Cousins. At least I feel he could win a playoff game... sometime.

34 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

Your talking about a team that has never even BEEN to the SB. I guess for them having a high priced mediocre QB is the next best thing to being there. Of course between the two I would probably take Stafford over Cousins. At least I feel he could win a playoff game... sometime.

To each their own. Stafford is mediocre and Kirk by extension as to how you made you point would then be a below average QB.  That's much tougher than even the typical Kirk critic.   I'd summarize my take on this as:  :ols:   We are a mile part on this one.   Regardless of how you feel about Kirk I am surprised you used those SD radio guys to make a point considering if you listen to the whole segment they don't even have a basic feel for the team -- not even 101 level.

The Skins mgmt needs to ask themselves how close they are to winning a SB with Kirk and if it's worth it to pay him. If the answer is we're not that close, then we need to move on and do what it takes to get a QB in the first round. It's well past time to end this drama. And if we move on from KC we should move on from Bruce too. 

Then, use the KC cap money to beef up the skill position spots on offense in free agency and re-sign the key defenders. How cool would it be to have Baker Mayfield under center with his ability to extend plays? Or, if there's a better option in the draft we could get. KC is gonna be north of 30 and overpaid...Go with the Eagles approach and get a QB in the draft that can be groomed and that has more confidence in himself. And yes, if need be give Colt a shot for a while. 

46 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

To each their own. Stafford is mediocre and Kirk by extension as to how you made you point would then be a below average QB.  That's much tougher than even the typical Kirk critic.   I'd summarize my take on this as:  :ols:   We are a mile part on this one.   Regardless of how you feel about Kirk I am surprised you used those SD radio guys to make a point considering if you listen to the whole segment they don't even have a basic feel for the team -- not even 101 level.

I'll give Stafford credit... he at least helped his team reach 11 wins a couple of years ago. Since '91, we're still waiting. Now, as far as those SD radio guys not having a clue about the team... are you sure? OK, I'll admit... Gruden has LATELY been saving those TO's for near the last quarters of the games instead of wasting them all in the 1st and 3rd for menial reasons.

Here is the evidence for Kirk Cousins not wanting to be here:

• Kirk and his agent didn't offer a counter last off-season, because they were afraid the Skins might accept.
  • Kirk has said multiple times he wants the chance to make his own decision. He hasn't been able to do that in the NFL. Maybe he explores free agency and comes back to the Skins.
  • The FO is now releasing info like, "the WRs don't like Cousins." They see the writing on the wall. Dan/Bruce are the pettiest grown men I have ever seen.
  • Kirk asked for a trade in the off-season.
  •  
  •  

No team in the NFL is more interesting in the offseason than the Washington Redskins...year after year we are in the headlines in the offseason. This season will be no different and possibly one of the more publicized years than ever before. Cousins, McLoughan lawsuit news, the draft, Bruce and Dan, blah, blah, blah....it will all be in the news.

On 12/8/2017 at 1:47 PM, Rdskns2000 said:

If Eli Manning is released, we sign him for a short term deal and draft our long term guy?

You're assuming a lot if you think Eli would want to sign with the Redskins.  Who is the coach?  The Front office is a mess.  I think he will want to go somewhere to win a superbowl and that certainly is not here.  Norman and schweriger may walk or at least make enough noise to want out.  This team is once again becoming a dumpster fire.  Thanks Bruce.

17 hours ago, BleedBNG said:

Based on what? Been playing a bit longer than Kirk and hasn't done it. I've watched him play 3 times this year. Looked like crap. I know he isn't crap, but he was those days.

Archived