Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Cousins Play For The Skins In 2018

Veryoldschool

Will Cousins Be Back In 2018?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Will Cousins play for the Skins in 2018?

• Yes, as part of a LTD.
    • Yes, on a tag for a year
    • No, the Skins tag him and manage to trade him
    • No, the Skins let Cousins walk and he signs a LTD with another team

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2017 at 08:02 PM

^^^  Even the Broncos fans are smarter than Druce and Drab. 

Von Miller on if he would want Kirk Cousins as the #Broncos QB: “(laughs) I’m with everybody else. Like I said, a lot of teams would kill to have a quarterback like that… We’ll cross that bridge when we get to it.”

Sorry Von it is everyone but the Redskins FO at the moment. They rather kill the QB career rather than kill over him. :(

51 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I believe if they put ANY tag on him, he's not going to sign any long term deal.  Why would he when it's 100% chance the annual value won't match what the 1yr value of the tag would be?  KC is not dumb.  If they tag him, no LTD gets done period IMO.

That's an.....interesting conclusion to draw.

2 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

That's an.....interesting conclusion to draw.

I dunno, I call it common sense.

If they are saying you are worth $X/yr with the tag, then try to make you an offer that is $X-5,000,000 (or whatever) per year for a LTD, why the hell would you take the lesser yearly value?  

And the Redskins aren't going to tag him at $X/yr and then give him a 5yr contract that is $X/yr for 5 years with whatever guaranteed.  They've already made that clear because Bruce thinks he's some super smart negotiator.

3 minutes ago, purbeast said:

I dunno, I call it common sense.

You can call it that if you want.

If he's given the Franchise tag, then he signs it and that's money in the bank. Whether he signs an extension or not beyond that has nothing to do with the amount of the tag. No one's paying him 34.5 mil per year and he knows it as well as everyone else. That number couldn't be less relevant to what he earns from 2019 forward. He either gets offer he likes or not, wants to sign here or not,  but again that has nothing to do with the amount of the tag.

If it's the Transition tag, then he likely solicits offers. A likely offer would be in the 5 year/$135-140 mil range (or higher) with over half guaranteed, probably front-loaded. He's not going to dismiss offers like that because the tag amount is 1 year/$29 mil.

None of that is common sense.

Just now, Rufus T Firefly said:

You can call it that if you want.

If he's given the Franchise tag, then he signs it and that's money in the bank. Whether he signs an extension or not beyond that has nothing to do with the amount of the tag. No one's paying him 34.5 mil per year and he knows it as well as everyone else. That number couldn't be less relevant to what he earns from 2019 forward. He either gets offer he likes or not, wants to sign here or not,  but again that has nothing to do with the amount of the tag.

If it's the Transition tag, then he likely solicits offers. A likely offer would be in the 5 year/$135-140 mil range (or higher) with over half guaranteed, probably front-loaded. He's not going to dismiss offers like that because the tag amount is 1 year/$29 mil.

None of that is common sense.

Umm, if the Redskins offer him the tag and he signs it, the Redskins are paying him $34.5 million per year, for one year.  They are the ones putting the value of $34.5 million for a year on him, no one else.  That's why they are even in this position.

Umm, if the Redskins offer him the tag and he signs it, the Redskins are paying him $34.5 million per year, for one year.  They are the ones putting the value of $34.5 million for a year on him, no one else.  That's why they are even in this position.

That has nothing to do with anything, but thanks.

16 minutes ago, purbeast said:

If the Redskins don't sign Cousins to a fair market LTD, I think it's going to have really long term effects on the franchise.  It basically shows everyone in the NFL that the Redskins simply don't take care of their own.

And therein lies the rub....what is considered "fair market value."  Some fans on here think 25 is the ceiling....others say whatever Cousins is asking for is fair market value.  I fall in between.  Who is correct?

You just said no one is paying him $34.5 million per year.

If the skins tag him for 1 year, they are paying him $34.5 million per year, for 1 year.

You're welcome.

No one's paying 34.5 mil per year on a multi-year deal, as was clearly my point in the first place.

I had a feeling responding to you might be a waste of my time and so far you're making me feel prophetic. 

4 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

And therein lies the rub....what is considered "fair market value."  Some fans on here think 25 is the ceiling....others say whatever Cousins is asking for is fair market value.  I fall in between.  Who is correct?

My biggest fear is KC has decided he’s done with these fools.  

9 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Who is correct?

Correct is about the same % above the last deal signed (Stafford) as his was over the one before that.

But Cousins and his agent are dealing with buffoons.

They should have known that and gotten this done BEFORE Carr and Stafford signed but really before even Osweiler the year before.

****ing MORONS!

You know that your favorite team is ran by imbeciles when you can accurately predict years in advance what kind of stupid **** they'll do, over and over and over. Who didn't see this coming during all the fighting over who would start in 2015? :ols:

11 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Fair market value is going to be what the Redskins offer well below and the offer he accepts from another team.  It's clearly more than Carr or Stafford signed for though, especially now considering there's even less supply since those two are wrapped up in contracts.

Fair market value is going to be what the Redskins offer well below and the offer he accepts from another team.  It's clearly more than Carr or Stafford signed for though, especially now considering there's even less supply since those two are wrapped up in contracts.

And those guys signed extensions. This team wasn't smart enough to get Cuz locked up.

I admit I am no expert when it comes to negotiating a contract, but I think the Skins should avoid the transition tag.  Kirk can allow Washington to match any offer, if he is transition tagged or not.  The only thing a transition tag gets you is a chance to keep a player that wants to go somewhere else.  I think you end up loosing a comp pick if he signs with another team if you transition tag him.  Better to let him choose to stay with the Skins.

Archived