Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Cousins Play For The Skins In 2018

Veryoldschool

Will Cousins Be Back In 2018?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Will Cousins play for the Skins in 2018?

• Yes, as part of a LTD.
    • Yes, on a tag for a year
    • No, the Skins tag him and manage to trade him
    • No, the Skins let Cousins walk and he signs a LTD with another team

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2017 at 08:02 PM

2 minutes ago, samy316 said:

Than God you're not our GM.  We already have a terrible one in Bruce Allen, this would be laughed at by the rest of the Front Offices around the league.

For what? Getting better value out of our money?

Hate to break it to you, but Cousins has a career losing record, hasn't won a playoff game, and literally threw a playoff appearance away a season ago. Yet he was a top 3 most expensive QB and looking to jump to number 1. Completely not worth it

4 minutes ago, Skins199021 said:

For what? Getting better value out of our money?

Hate to break it to you, but Cousins has a career losing record, hasn't won a playoff game, and literally threw a playoff appearance away a season ago. Yet he was a top 3 most expensive QB and looking to jump to number 1. Completely not worth it

What good would cutting costs do, when you have a bunch of clowns running the Front Office, and a clown owner who has never proven once that he knows what he's doing?  If we're getting 8-10 wins a year with Cousins as is now, why would we set ourselves back just on the chance that we will get to build our team in that mold?  What evidence do you have that we would get it right once we blow up the team and save cap room?  We never will get it right, that's the answer.  Unless you are all in for cleaning house, and letting a new FO decide what to do with Cousins, that's cool, but if you're for keeping the status quo, I got some bad news for you:  We will be bad for a long time to come, with nothing to show for it.

Jags made a smart move bringing in Coughlin.  When I watch the Jags play they seriously seem to win in spite of Blake Bortles most of the time.  Though I'm not gonna knock his last 2 playoff wins.  He played damn good against the Steelers and used his legs against the Bills.

I don't know what it is Coughlin is doing but the Jags seems a QB away from having a complete team.

16 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Almost like his Giants teams that won 2 SBs with a garbage QB.

Well that's a bit much.  Eli is pretty damn clutch when it counts in the SuperBowl.  And he played great during those 2 playoff runs. 

Yes he's average most of his career but Eli wins when it counts.  Stats or not he's a lock for the HOF because of that.  Maybe even 1st ballot. 

Edit- My opinion of Bortles would definitely change if the Jags win it all this year.  

Imo he played a big roll in their 2 playoff wins.  More his legs against the Bills.

3 hours ago, Redd said:

Edit- My opinion of Bortles would definitely change if the Jags win it all this year.  

Imo he played a big roll in their 2 playoff wins.  More his legs against the Bills.

Which was kinda my entire point.

Bortles pretty much sucks but add 2 SBs and people want to put him in the HOF.

6 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

And Brees threw 2 Ints today. If this was the Redskins the story wouldn't be that Cousins brought the Redskins back and should have won. It would be about those 2 picks.

I disagree. If Cousins put together the final drive that Brees did. That would be the story. . Brees had a mixed bag of a game, but when the game was on the line for all intensive purposes, he showed why he is paid what he is.  Those kind of drives are what get QBs paid the big money and why people can overlook other things that happened in the game. 

2 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

Which was kinda my entire point.

Bortles pretty much sucks but add 2 SBs and people want to put him in the HOF.

Well yeah.  I wouldn't even say pretty much sucks.  He does suck.  You watch him throw to open receivers?  He isn't an accurate passer.  Like Osweiler bad in accuracy. 

Big chance for him to silence his critics  if Blake wins it all.

14 hours ago, TheShredSkinz said:

Because you will just say that our other 52 sucks. We have 2 probowlers on the online. A great offensive system, one of the top corner tandems, a stud at ilber. Kerrigan's a probowler. Allen's a monster..as is Reed. Thompson,Crowder,Sweringer,Moses,Fuller,Doc,VD,Montae,Mason,Chase, and Preston Smith aren't bad and I'm sure I missed some.

You can take every team in the league and find a short list of good players.  But if you honestly compare the roster of our team and the teams in the playoffs outside of QB  none of these playoff teams have a defense, running game or special teams nearly as bad as Washington's.  Gruden's job title is Head Coach, not Offensive Coordinator. And to date he has done nothing to show that he is more than an average head coach. 

So, in the latest installment of Franchise QB vs. Great Team argument... this year, we have Case Keenum beating Brees and Bortles beating Big Ben.

It's so easy to drill in on the QB and forget all else, but it's the else that is often the difference maker. I view it as a half-step argument. A great quarterback makes a C team into a B team or a B team into an A team. Likewise, a great team can make a C quarterback into a big time winner. For one year, Mark Rypien was the best QB of all time. Away from that team, he fell to mediocrity. 

It's also important to note that even if you have an A++ QB if the roster he is surrounded with is D or F... the team is going nowhere.

As much as I'd like to have the QB situation resolved and solved... I want the roster solved too. Not sure if either can be done in 2018

23 minutes ago, Redd said:

Well yeah.  I wouldn't even say pretty much sucks.  He does suck.  You watch him throw to open receivers?  He isn't an accurate passer.  Like Osweiler bad in accuracy. 

Big chance for him to silence his critics  if Blake wins it all.

From a technical standpoint, what do you see different between Cousins and Bortles in their play? I’m not talking numbers. I’m talking from their play.

Note: I’m not baiting you. I do believe Cousins is the better QB. But I’m not sure I buy the narrative that he’s 3-5% of the cap better.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

From a technical standpoint, what do you see different between Cousins and Bortles in their play? I’m not talking numbers. I’m talking from their play.

Note: I’m not baiting you. I do believe Cousins is the better QB. But I’m not sure I buy the narrative that he’s 3-5% of the cap better.

Well that's easy.  For the most part Kirk can hit his short and medium routes consistently.  Blake not so much.

6 minutes ago, Redd said:

Well that's easy.  For the most part Kirk can hit his short and medium routes consistently.  Blake not so much.

Not sure about either one of those comments. 

Against Buffalo? Yes. Bortles struggles to adjust to the elements. Cousins is much steadier in that regard.

When you say short and medium, what hard range are you referring? Cousins is accurate on short stuff. Ridiculously so. He’s fairly accurate in routes 5-15 yards down the field, but a lot of his damage is done on the shorter range of the spectrum (to be honest, that’s pretty much every NFL QB).

This isn’t to you, but keep in mind I’m not suggesting Bortles is better than Kirk. I feel the need to add that to every post before someone swoops in and white knights things :ols:

30 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It should be obvious that the Jags won despite Blake Bortles.  He is simply not a good QB, with a guy like Kirk many would be giving the Jags a shot this weekend, not so much now.

Sure this year throws a kink into the franchise QB theory.  But again one weekend does not change decades of evidence the other way.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

@Darrell Green Fan  “It should be obvious” isn’t a good line of logic. What’s obvious to some may not be to others. And then there’s always the issue that obvious doesn’t always mean correct.

So you are prepared to argue that Bortles play was a big factor in the Jags win?  Please proceed.  

Just now, Darrell Green Fan said:

So you are prepared to argue that Bortles play was a big factor in the Jags win?  Please proceed.  

First, you’re the one providing straw man arguments.

Second, I asked what the technical difference in their play was. You responded with “they won in spite of Bortles”. Which doesn’t answer my original question you responded to at all.

Third, you just changed your own question.  You said it was obvious they won despite Bortles, now you’re asking me to prove his play was a “big” factor. Those are two opposite ends of the spectrum. 

To clarify: I never said his play was a big factor. Or it wasn’t. I asked, from a technical standpoint, what the difference between Bortles and Cousins was. You responded with strawmen.

I would do many, many things for a defense like the Jags have.... I was pushing for us to ask the Bills about Dareus well before that trade happened for peanuts. To me, a solid defense like the Steelers and Ravens had for a period of time takes the cake and can win you many championships, unless of course you have Tom Brady.

Having said that, lets be real, I don't think there's a chance in hell Brady isn't winning another Super Bowl... said it before the season even started. It's like watching the Golden State Warriors, you may as well skip the season and just wait for the big game

I'm spiteful... can't stand watching the same teams win every year, especially when we are usually top seeds in most sports with the Caps/Nats and recently the Wizards who are high seeds, and all end with the same story - failure.

Archived