Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 10:45 AM, Monk4thaHALL said:

California, guy. 

Other fun read material, for those interested, are Bruce's real estate ventures in Arizona during the 80s.

Haha. 

That man was a mover and a shaker. Ha. He left a few people holding the bag a couple of times. 

Cali?  I know I read something about Florida, hm.

Seems a little strange, he would go back into the same area he 'had his way' with some people in Arizona, figured his name would have been on numerous bulletin boards.

Oh well, call phone jammers work in California too, although Allen driving into a giant deep crevice created by an earthquake does have a better sound to it. I can hear him now as he falls, " throw down a bottle of scotch pleeeeaaaaassseeee...

25 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

Cali?  I know I read something about Florida, hm.

He sold one of his mansions in Tampa Florida to Alfonso Soriano back in like 2014. 

The 7 million dollar home you referenced is definitely California. 

http://www.latimes.com/business/realestate/hot-property/la-fi-hotprop-bruce-allen-newport-home-20170713-story.html

Balboa Peninsula section of Newport Beach

Unfortunately they don't show a picture of the wet bar, which was one of the highlighted features of the listing. 

I'm sure there's a designated shelf just for Dan's Crown Royal. 

I rarely follow the season as I just wait to root for the off season. Scoff at Bruce Allen you Ne’er-do-wells but winning the off season is not as easy as it seems.  The fundamental difficulty is that if you do too good at winning the off season, you just might win during the season with disastrous consequences for winning the next off season.  I think we must start early if we have a chance of winning the next off season without jeopardizing further off seasons. I think we cannot sign Cousins and rely in a nifty trade up for a QB in the draft.  If we play Trent Williams a lot here the last few games and maybe he will be injured and out next season so our rookie QB will get smashed.  I think we should not sign Brown and go after some big name elderly free agents.  This I think will create quite the splash while guaranteeing a louse next season thus guaranteeing us another high pick in the draft where we could probably draft another quarterback and make another big SPLASH.

Bruce Allen had the job title as NFL "General Manager"  for 10 years - equally split between the Bucs and the Skins.  His combined record is 66 -94. His best season was 2005 when the Bucs went 11-5.  The one winning season in Washington was 2012's 10-6 team. He has one 3-13 seasons, two 4-12's and two 5-11s. And he is now the Team President!

I still sometimes sit in absolute despair and shock that they finally did the right thing, hired a GM with legit personnel-evaluating credentials, gave him final say over it publicly soon as the hire was made - essentially structuring the FO in a way that has been consistently proven to be the best method in the NFL - leading to immediate improvement in roster depth which resulted in aiding the team to two consecutive winning seasons (which has NEVER happened under Snyder)... 

And then fired said GM in yet another bitter ending that had, once again, talk from the one who was ousted of being undermined while he was here. 

And you know what? That could’ve, still, all have been forgiven had they replaced him with another solid candidate and maintained that structure. 

It just blows my friggin mind. I still am stunned by it. I don’t even want to think about it or come to threads like these. :( 

44 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

I still sometimes sit in absolute despair and shock that they finally did the right thing, hired a GM with legit personnel-evaluating credentials, gave him final say over it publicly soon as the hire was made, essentially structuring the FO in a way that has been consistently proven to be the best method in the NFL, leading to immediate improvement in roster depth which resulted in aiding the team to two consecutive winning seasons which has NEVER happened under Snyder... 

Dan Patrick: Do you have a blueprint for what you're trying to do as an owner?

Daniel Snyder: Blueprints are for Harvard MBAs. I dropped out of college. I don't have a five-year plan. There's a five-year budget for the cap purpose, but I don't have a blueprint for almost any of my businesses.

8 hours ago, thesubmittedone said:

I still sometimes sit in absolute despair and shock that they finally did the right thing, hired a GM with legit personnel-evaluating credentials, gave him final say over it publicly soon as the hire was made, essentially structuring the FO in a way that has been consistently proven to be the best method in the NFL, leading to immediate improvement in roster depth which resulted in aiding the team to two consecutive winning seasons which has NEVER happened under Snyder... 

And then fired said GM in yet another bitter ending that had, once again, talk from the one who was ousted of being undermined while he was here. 

And you know what? That could’ve still all have been forgiven had they replaced him with another solid candidate and maintained that structure. 

It just blows my friggin mind. I still am stunned by it. I don’t even want to think about it or come to threads like these. :( 

And that's the one thing that bugs me to this day.

If someone has a problem and it begins to affect others, surround and support the person.

Most likely, especially in alcoholism, the person doesn't recognize the problem or can't overcome it, and that's when the organization, family and friends confront him, and get him through it, by any means necessary. It may not be easy, but eventually, with enough tough love and support, the person will begin to see the problem, and in a case like this, would make an effort to overcome it.

But, when there's someone in the FO like Bruce Allen, there's no chance of that happening. A man as flawed as Bruce looks down on people like Scot with a problem, and because Scot was better at his job than Bruce ever was, of course jealousy had already set in and it was Bruce's window of opportunity to take advantage of a situation to benefit himself and himself only. Egos with rich people are flat out ridiculous, and they act totally different than normal people do.

This organization could have went out of their way and not given up on Scot, but if it meant a continuation of head butting between him and Allen, it was in Allen's best interest to remove Scot, but it wasn't in the team's best interest,  not that Allen cares.

I wonder how many coaches Allen will be able to outlast. Shanahan was his guy and Gruden even moreso. Will he be held accountable for his hires?

It looks like we are heading towards another losing season under his watch. I'll admit the schedule this year has been difficult and we have had a ton of injuries, but I don't think it's a coincidence we had back to back winning seasons the two years McCloughan was here and as soon as he's gone we are back to losing.

2 minutes ago, Makaveli said:

I wonder how many coaches Allen will be able to outlast. Shanahan was his guy and Gruden even moreso. Will he be held accountable for his hires?

It looks like we are heading towards another losing season under his watch. I'll admit the schedule this year has been difficult and we have had a ton of injuries, but I don't think it's a coincidence we had back to back winning seasons the two years McCloughan was here and as soon as he's gone we are back to losing.

The pessimist in me says he can milk his Dad's legacy for a long time. I don't see Snyder getting rid of him anytime soon.

... his dad couldn't win ****, either.

Bruce Allen you can leave NOW. I don’t even need to post facts any sane fan knows cousins should have been signed 2 years ago, because of your ineptitude two of our best receivers walked and you replaced them with journeymen everything you have been a part of has been terrible starting with trading for McNabb so just leave.

I am wondering if fans and media will focus on the backup players our General Manager and Allen brought in this season to replace injured starters.

Scott M. during the season would find players from other teams that could contribute- like Davis at tight end.  He did bring in one old 49er at safety-Whitner-

who did not pan out but I would like to see some analysis on the second and third stringers that we signed this year compared to previous years.

Another area of analysis could be halftime adjustments.  Gibbs teams were good at that for sure and I am wondering how we compare this year with other teams in this area.

The Redskins posted some ridiculous video of organization people at some bar in Dallas the day before the game getting Skins fans pumped up for the game. They had a clip of Allen. I wish I could find it, but it was on their FB page. He sounded utterly drunk as he tried to get the crowd amped. "We love our coaches! Do you love our coaches? We love our players! Do you love our players?" 

It made me sick how phony and slimy it came off. It's always devastating (in football terms) to lose to the Cowboys like this, but back in the day, at least you felt like everyone in the organization felt it and would have a great chance to do better next time. With the absolutely incompetent buffoons and totally garbage people who run this team .... I just don't know where the hope is. 

Thanks to Booze Allen, we're back to having no GM, and the best QB we've had on the roster since Joe Theismann  has been alienated and probably won't be here next year. There's no one on the team to rally behind, no one to put your faith in, no one to lean on. That's the kind of business model Danny loves, and it's the kind of team he has created. 

This is a garbage team run by garbage people. 

14 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

The Redskins posted some ridiculous video of organization people at some bar in Dallas the day before the game getting Skins fans pumped up for the game. They had a clip of Allen. I wish I could find it, but it was on their FB page. He sounded utterly drunk as he tried to get the crowd amped. "We love our coaches! Do you love our coaches? We love our players! Do you love our players?" 

It made me sick how phony and slimy it came off. It's always devastating (in football terms) to lose to the Cowboys like this, but back in the day, at least you felt like everyone in the organization felt it and would have a great chance to do better next time. With the absolutely incompetent buffoons and totally garbage people who run this team .... I just don't know where the hope is. 

Thanks to Booze Allen, we're back to having no GM, and the best QB we've had on the roster since Joe Theismann  has been alienated and probably won't be here next year. There's no one on the team to rally behind, no one to put your faith in, no one to lean on. That's the kind of business model Danny loves, and it's the kind of team he has created. 

This is a garbage team run by garbage people. 

Hmmm- Allen sounds like he may have a problem with alcohol.  He should immediately fire himself.  

Allen is the kind of guy who fires his GM because he is jealous of his success and then uses an excuse that hilariously applies to himself as well. Is there anyone out there who questions whether Bruce Allen is an alcoholic? He is. Between Allen, the POS Tony Wyllie and Snyder's lack of direction, we have no reason to ever get excited for long periods of time. Success is short-lived and unsustainable with our model. Or, according to Snyder, our lack of a model.

On 11/26/2017 at 8:14 PM, celticsalmon said:

Bruce Allen had the job title as NFL "General Manager"  for 10 years - equally split between the Bucs and the Skins.  His combined record is 66 -94. His best season was 2005 when the Bucs went 11-5.  The one winning season in Washington was 2012's 10-6 team. He has one 3-13 seasons, two 4-12's and two 5-11s. And he is now the Team President!

To be fair, Shanahan was the General Manager from 2010-2013 and Scott was from 2015-2017. What occurred in those years is hard to blame or credit Bruce for any of it. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to blame Bruce for Scott's drinking problem or Snyder allowing Shanahan control of everything. Bruce has spend most of his time here more as a public spokesman/money manager role than an actual General Manager.

Archived