Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Please don't ruin my Thanksgiving 'Skins.....

NoCalMike

2 minutes ago, CounterTrey said:

Skins lose at home next week and finish the year at 6-10

best to play for a high draft pick and a Gruden during now

This times 1000

Season is over.  Only thing to salvage is a higher pick.  This group of assholes will probably go on a win streak though and just miss the playoffs

Just now, zoony said:

This times 1000

Season is over.  Only thing to salvage is a higher pick.  This group of assholes will probably go on a win streak though and just miss the playoffs

That would be the most redskins thing ever. 

Gruden is is a fine OC but he’s not head coach material. 

Gruden plus Allen is 7-9 to 9-7 every year, nothing beyond

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

They've already ruined Thanksgiving.  Today's loss was probably the most depressing, catastrophic loss that's I can remember.  I have absolutely no juice for Thursday's game.

Agreed. I’m at last year of Zorn/Shanahan apathetic right now. Skins have stolen all my emotion. I just don’t even care. I’ll watch, but I’m not rocking gear to dinner, listening to pregame, or getting excited in any way. 

I'm on the fence with this post...how can ones turkey day be ruined by a football game..and..I can totally see how it can ruin ones turkey day...especially after today...thank god it's the bed time game lol...expect a loss folks..I won't pick them to win but I'm more worried about them than I was of today

Easy 6 games?

Giants - Plus side. Game is at home. Giants are a horrible team.  Negative, this a national holiday game. The perfect game for the Skins to showcase the Turkeys that they are. Also, a short week. Everything Thursday, smells like a loss.

@Boys - Another Thursday game. Think it's another national game. Elliot is serving his suspension but this seems like the perfect game for Alfred Morris to have one good game again, against his former team.

@Chargers - They have some life and frankly, it wouldn't shock me to see them win.

Cards - Probably a win here.

Broncos - They are bad, probably a win.

@ Giants - Can go either way. We are going to lose to the Giants at least once; so if win on Thursday; they win the finale.

6 games to go and I see us losing at least half of them to finish 7-9.  Mediocre; which is what we are.

Sorry, OP, odds are high your day will be ruined. I'll probably venture out, into that Black Thursday/Friday madness.

I’m with NoCal on this. Even though today was likely the death blow to the season, we do still technically have life. And if you life, it can still be taken away. 

I wont be doing jumping jacks if we win Thursday but it will at least keep things interesting. The Dallas game WOULD matter as long as we beat the Giants. So deep down I know losing Thursday will upset me and it more or less ends the football season. I’d prefer neither of those things to happen on Thanksgiving. 

I think it’s a toss up game. We are the better team, but we will be coming in absolutely battered physically and emotionally right now. Giants season has been over for weeks, they got a W today— they will likely at least play loose and free. 

The good news is that it's the night game so it'll be easy to say "screw this" and go to sleep

Also good news - sold my tickets to this game.

Years ago I would have loved a home thanksgiving game.

Now? No thanks. I prefer to enjoy my thanksgiving.

1 minute ago, tshile said:

The good news is that it's the night game so it'll be easy to say "screw this" and go to sleep

Also good news - sold my tickets to this game.

Years ago I would have loved a home thanksgiving game.

Now? No thanks. I prefer to enjoy my thanksgiving.

You made the right decision 

Please, please, PLEASE help the New York Giants get a better draft pi----

Wait, what?

Help them get a new QB to replace Eli Manning?

That is how Giants fans have been lately... "Its a draft pick year for us"... so rather than being upset if we crushed them, they'd give thanks.

21 minutes ago, TysonM said:

Please, please, PLEASE help the New York Giants get a better draft pi----

Wait, what?

Help them get a new QB to replace Eli Manning?

That is how Giants fans have been lately... "Its a draft pick year for us"... so rather than being upset if we crushed them, they'd give thanks.

Bad year to be bad. I don’t think there are any sure-fire or even sort of sure-fire QBs at the top of this draft. I don’t think there will be a huge difference between picking third and picking tenth this year. 

2 hours ago, kleese said:

I’m with NoCal on this. Even though today was likely the death blow to the season, we do still technically have life. And if you life, it can still be taken away. 

I wont be doing jumping jacks if we win Thursday but it will at least keep things interesting.

That's about where I am.  It's not like beating the NYG alone will reinvigorate my optimism for this season or anything, but it means the 'Skins are still in the conversation of teams in the hunt.  I am not expecting them to win out, but at the same time I never did any of the three seasons they did it to get into the playoffs since Gibbs 2.0 era either.  Any win(out) streak has to start somewhere.  

6 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

That's about where I am.  It's not like beating the NYG alone will reinvigorate my optimism for this season or anything, but it means the 'Skins are still in the conversation of teams in the hunt.  I am not expecting them to win out, but at the same time I never did any of the three seasons they did it to get into the playoffs since Gibbs 2.0 era either.  Any win(out) streak has to start somewhere.  

Yep, for me this team has earned my interest/support this year. I’m not calling anyone out who feels differently, but for me, while I am terribly frustrated and discouraged, I’m still interested. 

I’ve turned out the light on seasons early many, many times. Even if I watch the games, I’m sort of a zombie in those years and doing it out of habit. I don’t feel that way this year— at least not yet. I’ll be rooting for them Thursday... and if they win, I’ll be very much into the Dallas game. 

3 minutes ago, kleese said:

Yep, for me this team has earned my interest/support this year. I’m not calling anyone out who feels differently, but for me, while I am terribly frustrated and discouraged, I’m still interested. 

I’ve turned out the light on seasons early many, many times. 

Right and like this team or not (the 2017 version I mean) any idea of them losing out or going on some huge losing streak is silly. They are likely going to finish 8-8 or right around it.  They aren't bad, just not good enough right now.

4 hours ago, kleese said:

I wont be doing jumping jacks if we win Thursday but it will at least keep things interesting. The Dallas game WOULD matter as long as we beat the Giants. So deep down I know losing Thursday will upset me and it more or less ends the football season. I’d prefer neither of those things to happen on Thanksgiving. 

I think it’s a toss up game. We are the better team, but we will be coming in absolutely battered physically and emotionally right now. Giants season has been over for weeks, they got a W today— they will likely at least play loose and free. 

That might be the very angle that the Redskins view it.

Still, technically alive, absolutely positively MUST WIN game.

That's why they will end up losing. Just like last year, had perfect opportunity to get into the playoffs around week 11, then lay an egg, losing to the Cowboys and Cardinals, then a must-win game they beat the Eagles, then follow up with a stinker against Carolina, yet again needing a win and beat the Bears, then all they had to do was win against a Giants team that had nothing to play for [ or so it seemed ] and they strolled into the game flat-footed and lethargic and lost a very winnable game.

No, there's no hope for this team this year. May as well play some of the back-ups and get a good evaluation of in-game performances; no point in getting another injury to a key player, even if I think the good players whose contracts are up will go elsewhere.

5 hours ago, skins island connection said:

That might be the very angle that the Redskins view it.

Still, technically alive, absolutely positively MUST WIN game.

That's why they will end up losing. Just like last year, had perfect opportunity to get into the playoffs around week 11, then lay an egg, losing to the Cowboys and Cardinals, then a must-win game they beat the Eagles, then follow up with a stinker against Carolina, yet again needing a win and beat the Bears, then all they had to do was win against a Giants team that had nothing to play for [ or so it seemed ] and they strolled into the game flat-footed and lethargic and lost a very winnable game.

No, there's no hope for this team this year. May as well play some of the back-ups and get a good evaluation of in-game performances; no point in getting another injury to a key player, even if I think the good players whose contracts are up will go elsewhere.

Half the team is on IR already. We’ve pretty much seen all the back-ups already. There really isn’t anyone left sitting on the bench. Even if they wanted to rest healthy vets, they couldn’t. 

They won't for me.  It will probably be on at my Uncle's house, but honestly, I'd rather spend time with my extended family that I don't get to see very often.  I have my DVR set to record it at home and will watch it on Friday when I get home. I'm going football-less for Thanksgiving.  Time for family. **** the NFL.

Thanksgiving really isn't that big of a deal for me and my family.  We see a lot of my family regularly and those we don't, don't come for Thanksgiving anyways.  Of course it's nice to have a long weekend and eat some good food.  But make no mistake about it, I was most excited about the fact that the Skins were playing on Thanksgiving night.  I have the day off Friday, my birthday is Saturday.  I was expecting this game to be pivotal and I guess it technically still is, but deep down I realize this roster as it stands is not going on a 6 game winning streak.  I've said that before the prior season closing win streaks and been wrong.  But as bad as the defenses have been for the last two runs, they were never as pathetic as this current version during the most crucial times of a game.  I'm not sure how anyone can muster up belief that a winning streak is possible given what we've witnessed not just the past two weeks, but the majority of the season.

Archived