Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Please don't ruin my Thanksgiving 'Skins.....

NoCalMike

Hyperbole? Ok, a little, I admit it.  A Football game could never truly ruin a holiday that I get to spend with family....

With that said, look, the 'Skins have played a brutal schedule though 10 games.  Regardless of what we think they should be capable of, playing a playoff contender every single week is tough.  However, on Thanksgiving the 'Skins are playing a garbage NYG team.  No, this isn't like last year when they played Carolina who was having a down year but wasn't as bad as their record.  The NYG are bad this season.  I had to watch the 'Skins lose to the Cowboys last season in front of family.....and to make matters worse most of them aren't even football fans so I looked like even more of a clown for being so down about it.

I suppose one good tradeoff is that this year, the Thanksgiving game will kickoff after everyone has already eaten, and can go on their merry mingling way.....but come on 'Skins....please don't do this to me again.  Beat the NYG, beat the every living snot out of a bad NYG team. I beg you.

The Giants beat the Chiefs. We gave up a 15 point lead. The Giants make no sense, the Redskins make no sense, this entire season is upside down around the NFL. 50-50 chance of us winning. Someone is going to say "but saints, but 7 game win streak...." No. I have absolutely zero faith in this team. If we can't hold a 15 point lead in 4 minutes, I don't see any way we can argue we'll stop the Giants.

3 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Stop hoping.

Hope does not exist in this city

it did in 2005, 2007, AND 2012, all in the final 4,5 and 7 games of the regular season. our final 6 games is easy. 6 in a row. it starts with Thursday night. it SHOULD have started today, but stupid intentional grounding call by the referee.....

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

it did in 2005, 2007, AND 2012, all in the final 4,5 and 7 games of the regular season. our final 6 games is easy. 6 in a row. it starts with Thursday night. it SHOULD have started today, but stupid intentional grounding call by the referee.....

Don't you dare blame the refs.

Plenty of blame to go around, the refs are NOT to blame. The Redskins and this organization sucks. No excuses. 

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Nah fam

you tried to call me out for being negative in the game day thread. Take the fairy tale bull**** somewhere else 

pessimism is always right in DC 

Just now, RonBurgandy said:

Don't you dare blame the refs.

Plenty of blame to go around, the refs are NOT to blame. The Redskins and this organization sucks. No excuses. 

the referees were great for MOST of the game. the intentional grounding penalty was my only complaint. that's just in my opinion. 

Just now, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Nah fam

you tried to call me out for being negative in the game day thread for being negative. Take the fairy tale bull**** somewhere else 

pessimism is always right in DC 

ah that was just a joking matter at that time because we were up 24-13 when you said the game was over before that :P

somebody has to be a little positive with 6 winnable (in my opinion) games to go :)

definitely not trying to change anyones mind, just giving my positive spin on things once in a while. 

31 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

They've already ruined Thanksgiving.  Today's loss was probably the most depressing, catastrophic loss that's I can remember.  I have absolutely no juice for Thursday's game.

This.  Because today was the day realistic playoff hopes were dashed.

7 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

All Burgundy or all White uniforms for colourush on Thanksgiving?. 

HTTR 

is the thanksgiving night game considered a color rush game? we do have a Thursday night game exactly 7 days after that, so maybe we go all gold at home Thursday night against the giants and then all white on the road against dallas? a good look at both uniforms would be pretty cool 

51 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

They've already ruined Thanksgiving.  Today's loss was probably the most depressing, catastrophic loss that's I can remember.  I have absolutely no juice for Thursday's game.

I feel the same way, the nice thing about the last 2 seasons is that we were in playoff contention until the end, not this year.

11 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Giants are horrible but Skins in prime time are usually worse than horrible 

Add in a back breaking loss just days before AND CT done, it’s a toss up. Kinda expecting a loss 

Even before today, I didn't think we'd beat the Giants both times. They're gonna "Redskins" one of those games.

Archived