Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Frustrated, need you guys to beat Seattle for us

JRobinson

Well, we couldn't win at home this past Sunday to a Seattle team that we should have beat and out played.  Salty and bitter are two emotional words that I'm personally still experiencing a day removed from our loss.  

Good to see the Girls blow another lead against a stingy Green Bay squad.  Hopefully y'all can capitalize on that.  

Anyways, just wanted to vent to a group that has no bias to the Rams and see if any of you saw what I saw in our game yesterday. 

*sigh*

:kickcan:

For what it's worth, I was cheering you guys on. I would love to see the Rams win that division, even though I am still a little pissed off at the owner for firing Fisher one friggin' week before he broke the record. You couldn't give him one more week to surpass Reeves as the biggest loser!

31 minutes ago, JRobinson said:

Well, we couldn't win at home this past Sunday to a Seattle team that we should have beat and out played.  Salty and bitter are two emotional words that I'm personally still experiencing a day removed from our loss.  

Good to see the Girls blow another lead against a stingy Green Bay squad.  Hopefully y'all can capitalize on that.  

Anyways, just wanted to vent to a group that has no bias to the Rams and see if any of you saw what I saw in our game yesterday. 

*sigh*

:kickcan:

Rough loss. You know Redskins nation was behind the Rams in that one. Someone else pointed out, which I completely agree with, that signing McVay had a 180 effect where the Rams went from being one of our most hated non-NFCE rivals (obviously due to the RG3 trade and post-trade antics) to a team we have a serious soft spot for. Also, F the Seahawks and the CenturyLink stadium architect.

You deserved to win that one, all the stats back that up, but the STUPID end-zone fumble rule... I said it after the Redskins gift win over the Ravens last year where Suggs picked it off and fumbled it out of the end zone that although I appreciated the gift, the rule needs to be changed... It's one of the worst rules in the sport. 

Keep your chin up, the NFCW is a two-horse race and you guys are one of those teams... Also, no more Jeff Fisher! Cheers

I'd love to give you guys that gift especially after Seattle knocked us out of the playoffs twice. I wonder if there are enough Redskins left to take this game personally? There certainly are enough Seahawks left to rub it in or take us lightly.

33 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I'd love to give you guys that gift especially after Seattle knocked us out of the playoffs twice. I wonder if there are enough Redskins left to take this game personally? There certainly are enough Seahawks left to rub it in or take us lightly.

I'm certain big Trent Williams remembers. 

I still watch him punching Sherman on repeat some days, it literally NEVER gets old.  It's like the gift that keeps on giving. 

5 hours ago, Burgold said:

Twice?  You mean three times.  In 2005, 2007, and 2012.

On 10/9/2017 at 5:08 PM, CTskin said:

Rough loss. You know Redskins nation was behind the Rams in that one. Someone else pointed out, which I completely agree with, that signing McVay had a 180 effect where the Rams went from being one of our most hated non-NFCE rivals (obviously due to the RG3 trade and post-trade antics) to a team we have a serious soft spot for. Also, F the Seahawks and the CenturyLink stadium architect.

You deserved to win that one, all the stats back that up, but the STUPID end-zone fumble rule... I said it after the Redskins gift win over the Ravens last year where Suggs picked it off and fumbled it out of the end zone that although I appreciated the gift, the rule needs to be changed... It's one of the worst rules in the sport. 

Keep your chin up, the NFCW is a two-horse race and you guys are one of those teams... Also, no more Jeff Fisher! Cheers

Boy you are totally right about that rule awarding the defense a touchback on a fumble near the goal line.  That is way too severe of a penalty to the offense, worst rule in all of sports.

I understand your frustration...you should have beaten Seattle.  It's still true that the team that makes the fewest mistakes usually wins.  The Rams were dominating Seattle, but Gurley's boneheaded play of not securing the football cost them 7 points very early, along with the missed FG and the TD catch that was almost made late in the fourth quarter was too much to overcome.

I'm sure Seattle appreciated all the gifts.  The Rams are very similar to the Redskins.  The talent is there but you have to go on the field and consistently show that you are a very good to elite team.  The only thing that matters is the scoreboard at the end of the game.  

I'm still waiting to see it from the Rams and the Redskins.  IMO, however, both are playoff-caliber teams.

4 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Boy you are totally right about that rule awarding the defense a touchback on a fumble near the goal line.  That is way too severe of a penalty to the offense, worst rule in all of sports.

I'm glad you agree, I got crucified for condemning the rule after we were the beneficiary of Suggs' endzone fumble last year. (I was a huge fan that it worked out well for us, but realized it was a complete joke).

If a ball is fumbled out of the end zone then the last team in possession should receive the ball where it was last possessed. The difference in ruling between fumbling at the 1" line, or any of the other 99 yards for that matter, and at the pylon, is incomprehensible and unfair. 

I really would like the rule/reasoning explained. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't understand what kind of belichickian shenanigans it's attempting to prevent. 

34 minutes ago, CTskin said:

I'm glad you agree, I got crucified for condemning the rule after we were the beneficiary of Suggs' endzone fumble last year. (I was a huge fan that it worked out well for us, but realized it was a complete joke).

If a ball is fumbled out of the end zone then the last team in possession should receive the ball where it was last possessed. The difference in ruling between fumbling at the 1" line, or any of the other 99 yards for that matter, and at the pylon, is incomprehensible and unfair. 

I really would like the rule/reasoning explained. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't understand what kind of belichickian shenanigans it's attempting to prevent. 

Not saying that it's good or bad, but this is my understanding:

I think of it like a kickoff.  When the ball is in the field of play and both teams have legal access to it (so not a punt where it just downs the ball), putting the ball in the opponent's end zone wherein the opponent takes possession and stops the play (knee, tackle, whatever), it's a touchback and the opponent maintains possession.  However, if the kicking team recovers the ball in the opponent's endzone, it's a touchdown.

When it's a fumble, the offense has yielded control of the ball, essentially giving it away just like on a kickoff.  There's no penalty to put it on the one-yard line (like a pass interference) because the offense gave it away legally.  On a kickoff, when you do this by making the ball exit the field of play through the endzone, it's a touchback.  I think their logic is to do the same thing with the fumble.

If it fumbles into the endzone (unintentionally), then the offense can score a touchdown.  If the defense recovers, then it's a touchback.  The kickoff rules apply here.  Fumbling out of bounds is different because the kickoff requires the kicking team to give away possession, so kicking it out of bounds would provide an unfair advantage, hence the penalty.  On the offense there is no obligation to give the ball away, so there's no change of possession.  At least that's my understanding of the rule.

On 10/9/2017 at 4:30 PM, NewCliche21 said:

We felt the same against the Eagles and to some extent the Chiefs.

But yeah, we're super big on beating the teams we play.  It's the thing we like the most. :)

Yeah, but nothing beats a good ole moral victory....oh yeah, the off-season FA winner trophy, that one rocks too ?

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:46 AM, CTskin said:

The main thing on that particular situation is possession. Suggs lost possession before crossing the line and the ball went out of bounds after crossing past the goal line, a.k.a. endzone. Once that ball was fumbled, had it stayed in bounds and inside the endzone, it would have been a live ball, but it rolled out, so its considered a possession change because neither team had a chance for a recovery. There can be no further advancement of the ball once it reaches the endzone.

The difference between that and a similar situation, say at the 45 yd line, is the ball is still in play one way or another. Its difficult to explain it, but I guess you could say that a player fumbling the ball out of bounds had possession before fumbling, and is not at the goal line, and the ball still can be advanced further.

****, that's the best I can do... :kickcan:

Archived