Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Harvey Weinstein, Fired Amongst Sexual Harassment Allegations

Spaceman Spiff

17 hours ago, Corcaigh said:

He’s been loathsome and unwatchable for years. His mannerisms and ranting against mainstream media is very reminiscent of Trump.

I used to like him back in the day, but I can totally see the sleazy/rapey vibe he gives off...guess it wasn't just an act. 

I don't get it.  Why would people jump to this guys defense?  "The criminal is a part of my tribe, therefore I must defend him!" only reinforces "tribal behavior".  

Conservatives have completly coalesced around this weird idea of division, us vs. them type of thinking.  I remember hearing years ago, "Well they have a tribe... just look at OJ".  I mean, it helps that guy sell tons of pillows.

Tim Ballard’s exit from Operation Underground Railroad earlier this year followed an investigation into claims of sexual misconduct involving seven women, according to sources with direct knowledge of the organization.

Sources familiar with the situation said that the self-styled anti-slavery activist, who appears to be preparing for a Senate run, invited women to act as his “wife” on undercover overseas missions ostensibly aimed at rescuing victims of sex trafficking. He would then allegedly coerce those women into sharing a bed or showering together, claiming that it was necessary to fool traffickers. Ballard, who was played by Jim Caviezel in the hit film Sound of Freedom, is said to have sent at least one woman a photo of himself in his underwear, festooned with fake tattoos, and to have asked another “how far she was willing to go,” in the words of a source, to save children. These sources requested anonymity because they fear retaliation.

• Thumb down 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Vince McMahon Cuts W.W.E. Ties After Sex Trafficking Accusation

Vince McMahon, the longtime chairman and former chief executive of World Wrestling Entertainment, resigned from the board of W.W.E.’s parent company on Friday, one day after a former employee accused him of sexual assault and trafficking in a federal lawsuit.

Mr. McMahon was the executive chairman of TKO Group, the parent company of W.W.E., though he held no formal position at W.W.E. W.W.E. employees were informed of the changes in an email sent by Nick Kahn, the company’s president.

“He will no longer have a role with TKO Group Holdings or W.W.E.,” Mr. Kahn wrote in the email, a copy of which was obtained by The New York Times.

The lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court in Connecticut, accused Mr. McMahon of trafficking the employee, Janel Grant, as well as physically and emotionally abusing her. The graphic complaint, which also named John Laurinatis, a W.W.E. executive, and the company itself as defendants, says Mr. McMahon and Mr. Laurinatis once took turns raping her, among numerous other allegations.

Click on the link for the full article