Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Harvey Weinstein, Fired Amongst Sexual Harassment Allegations

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Forehead said:

I saw a clip of Weinstein on the news this morning.  Since when did he become so old and frail that he needed a walker?

I noticed the same thing.  It seems like a ploy to garner sympathy and get a lighter sentence.

• Like 3

Ah, poor guy, so debilitated since numerous women accused him of sexual assault and rape.  /sarcasm

Reaching any kind of agreement where he doesn't have to admit to his crimes or pay the agreement money is only condoning this behavior and doesn't force him and others like him to acknowledge their crimes or real punishment. 

These agreements allow these men to keep their crimes secret and the men unpunished, which allows sexual assault and rape to be the dirty secret of our society. And perpetual.

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 6
On 12/14/2019 at 3:51 PM, Cooked Crack said:

“It was an awful act and an awful mistake,” he told the station. “I am not that person that people are portraying me as. I make mistakes, I’m not perfect and I’m asking for forgiveness and to accept my apology.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Yeah, all us dudes get hyped up in the moment and slap random women on the ass. No big deal.

This response would make me throw the maximum amount of whatever I could at him. Seen a lot of crazy ****. I've never a seen somebody do that in public, and depending on the setting, they would've gotten stomped out.

• Like 2
On 1/7/2020 at 10:04 AM, Forehead said:

I saw a clip of Weinstein on the news this morning.  Since when did he become so old and frail that he needed a walker?

On 1/7/2020 at 10:11 AM, China said:

I noticed the same thing.  It seems like a ploy to garner sympathy and get a lighter sentence.

Here's a really good column by Monica Hess of the Post on just that:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/harvey-weinstein-looks-sloppy-and-weak-do-you-believe-him/2020/01/07/b09aeee2-309e-11ea-9313-6cba89b1b9fb_story.html

Harvey Weinstein looks sloppy and weak. Do you believe him?

If you knew nothing of the man who showed up to a New York courthouse on Monday — if you didn’t realize that dozens of women had accused him of assault, if you hadn’t read their nauseating accounts — then you might have assumed he was there to dispute a traffic ticket, or perhaps to accuse a caretaker of elder abuse.

A black SUV pulled to the curb, and as Harvey Weinstein emerged from the passenger side, his metal walker was fetched from the back. An assistant hastened it over to the disgraced movie mogul, who then began his hunched shuffle past photographers. The walker’s legs were inserted into yellow tennis balls, which — and here seems like an appropriate place to mention that Weinstein’s films were often celebrations of costume design and attention to detail — looked dingy.

Weinstein had back surgery last month. It’s entirely possible that the walker was necessary to his recovery (before the surgery, critics noted that he used the walker for public court appearances, but appeared to walk unaided when privately shopping).

And, yes, tennis balls are common, helpful walker accessories. But there are other, more subdued options that also offer aid, such as coasters or glides, and if you were a multimillionaire on one of the most solemn, important days of your life, you might have sprung for a pair of those rather than a couple of Wilsons. If tennis balls worked best for you, you might have opted for a less ostentatious color than neon yellow — heck, you could probably get them custom-dyed to match your suit. At the very least, you might have popped open a fresh can.

Instead, when Weinstein arrived for the opening of his highly anticipated trial, he’d assembled a meticulous wardrobe for a specific character: a weakened man. An ailing man, a man to pity. Those dozens of stories of Weinstein allegedly raping women: How could such a frail man do such a violent thing?

And even if he had, did he look like a person capable of doing it again?

His new look says, I am not powerful. Harvey Weinstein, a man who allegedly used his weight to pin women down, now appears gaunt and enfeebled, as if this is both a solution for his misdeeds and a punishment.

See, he is imploring us, I am no longer a threat because I am no longer mighty.

. . .

She goes on to list other prominent people  - Bill Cosby, Michael Jackson, trying to garner sympathy with their appearance coming to court.  Then she adds this, a good point:

As for Weinstein, think about this: The night before his Monday court date, the Golden Globes were held in Los Angeles — an awards ceremony at which Weinstein would have once been an honored attendee. Imagine we’re in a parallel universe in which Harvey Weinstein was recuperating from back surgery but still invited to the Globes.

You can easily picture Weinstein, a man of exorbitant financial resources, employing hair and makeup artists to give him the appearance of good health. He might wear a discreet back brace underneath his formal wear. He might be leaning on a custom, elegant cane — he might require a chic black walker. This Harvey Weinstein would be in an identical medical situation. But in that parallel universe, he presumably would want to tell a different story about himself, one in which he could still swan through a room, glad-handing Reese Witherspoon and Martin Scorsese — a mogul of a certain age, but still a mogul, still powerful. Can you for one second imagine him showing up with neon tennis balls?

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, The Gibber said:

That's the Michael Jackson playbook. He looked terrible during that one trial but after he was acquitted he was literally dancing on the top of a car just outside the courtroom. 

Apparently Paul Manafort got hold of that playbook as well.

• Like 2

I remember taking Criminal Law class in 2014 and the teacher used George Hugely as an example of this tactic.  Hugely was the lacrosse bro that rage murdered his ex-girlfriend at UVA in like 2012.  Anyways, Hugely is a legit D1 athlete at a Power 5 school, but his lawyers dressed him up for court in a comically oversized jacket and khakis and gave him a bob haircut so that he'd look like a junior high schoolboy wearing adult clothing for the first time.  

Image result for George Huguely trial oversized clothes

Again, this person murdered his ex-girlfriend by smashing her head against a wall until she died, and had 2 priors, for one of which he had to be tasered to be subdued.

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 4

Kinda related, Mafia crime boss Vincent "The Chin" Gigante tried a long con to convince the FBI he was insane or demented. Knowing he was under surveillance, for years he would shuffle around Greenwich Village in a bathrobe and slippers, mumbling to himself.

b213b8fa2d1228b8ed39d3821ecffb44--vincenf1fb63681566add5cc9fbc7d6ffa3530.jpg

• Like 3
4 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Again, this person murdered his ex-girlfriend by smashing her head against a wall until she died, and had 2 priors, for one of which he had to be tasered to be subdued.

If I remember correctly, when it happened, someone on this board said they knew Hughly somewhat growing up, playing pickup football and things like that.  Again, I'm going off memory, but I believe they said he was always "that asshole" who hit people hard during pickup games and that he had the stereotypical sad rich kid upbringing where his father made a lot of money but completely ignored him or didn't parent him at all, something like that.

Anyway, kid can rot.

Edited by Forehead
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Weinstein Rape Accuser Testifies About Relationship With 'Deformed' Mogul

Jessica Mann, one of two women who have accused Harvey Weinstein of sexual assault as part of his ongoing criminal trial in Manhattan, testified today that Weinstein engaged in forced oral sex and raped her in 2013. During the testimony, she described Weinstein's genitalia in detail, and claimed he appears "intersex."

“The first time I saw him fully naked, I thought he was deformed and intersex. He has an extreme scarring that I didn’t know, maybe [he] was a burn victim…” she said, according to The Cut. “He does not have testicles, and it appears that he has a vagina...He also peed on me once." The Cut noted that as Mann described Weinstein's "deformed genitals," Weinstein dropped his head. The prosecutor also asked her to describe his hygiene: “It was very bad,” she said. “He smelled like **** – excuse me, sorry, like poop. He just was dirty.”

Click on the link for the full article