Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

Any sane country would see the GOP and it’s rhetoric as a domestic terror threat itself and vote these ****ers into complete irrelevance. 

The reason this won’t happen is that while they may disagree with the method, most GOP voters (a substantial chunk of the country) agree with the shooters message of “invasion” and “great replacement”. Some I am sure, view today as a good thing. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Any sane country would see the GOP and it’s rhetoric as a domestic terror threat itself and vote these ****ers into complete irrelevance. 

The reason this won’t happen is that while they may disagree with the method, most GOP voters (a substantial chunk of the country) agree with the shooters message of “invasion” and “great replacement”. Some I am sure, view today as a good thing. 

Relax, Ted Cruz is on it. He's demanding investigations into these people who are killing Americans

Oh, hold on. Different group. Nevermind. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

the gun debate is over and this sadly our new reality. 

Finally!!  Can we close that thread now?

/sarcasm

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

Dude went to commit mass murder and remembered his hearing protection?  Seems......odd.

29 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Right wing domestic terrorism isn't a "both sides" issue.

You saying democrats should sit this one out?  Republicans and democrats run this country, and neither party is a terrorist group.  They'll both need to act to slow the advance of right wing terrorism. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Destino said:

You saying democrats should sit this one out? 

No, this wasn’t what I meant to say. 

The GOP is actively spreading and giving a platform to the “invasion” narrative and other conspiracies that are at the core of right domestic terrorism. 

Unfortunately, there is no solution to this problem until the GOP actually acknowledges that there is a problem and a necessary solution is quitting the weekly bigotry and scapegoating.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 1

Just now, No Excuses said:

No, this wasn’t what I meant to say. 

The GOP is actively spreading and giving a platform to the “invasion” narrative and other conspiracies that are at the core of right domestic terrorism. 

I agree that the rhetoric needs to be toned down, but I'm wary of blaming larger groups for the acts of terrorists.  The line separating political opinions and terrorism is a bold one.  One side argues with words and votes, the other with violence and threats of further violence.  It's the same difference between the mosque that may preach views I may disagree with, and a terrorist cell that would gladly see me dead.  

I'm more inclined to blame the GOP for their inaction to this sort of terrorism than I am to blame them for it.  The correct response to terrorism is to come together as a country and fight back.  The republican party doesn't want to even call it terrorism.  Are we waiting for another OK City bombing before we take this stuff seriously?  It's time for gun control and for a crack down on hate groups that are radicalizing mass murderers.  The GOP needs to put America first, and join the fight. 

• Thanks 1

GOP has joined the fight, @Destino , they are just on the wrong side.  I get what you are trying to say, but the POTUS egging on white nationalism while the rest of the GOP is slowing wondering what's the point of using a dog whistle anymore.  They absolutely share blame here in their rhetoric demonizing people, and its made worse by their inaction to the point of being complicit.  They've bought into to using hate to win elections, its feeding these mf'rs into thinking this is okay to go on these mass shooting speers in the name of the same racism the GOP keeps pouring gasoline on.

• Thanks 1