Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

12 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

It’s more culture than simply access to guns.

Guns don’t kill people. Americans with guns kill people.

You're right..  We should keep the guns, and focus on getting rid of Americans.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Corcaigh said:

Or work to change the culture.

Right.  

Keep right on handing out the ability to become a mass murderer on a whim to every person in the country, and persue the goal of trying to change the nature of humanity so that the number of people who choose to exercise the power we've handed them is reduced from one in a million to zero.  

2 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Like clockwork. They barely wait til the blood clots before they start claiming false flag. 

It's all part of that liberal conspiracy to make us conservatives look like reality-denying paranoids.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Larry said:

Therefore we should oppose even bothering to try it.  

- The NRA

We've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas.

(In fairness, what I said isn't true. The NRA has tried making it easier to get guns. That's been their (and the Republicans) only solution for twenty plus years)

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Larry said:

Right.  

Keep right on handing out the ability to become a mass murderer on a whim to every person in the country, and persue the goal of trying to change the nature of humanity so that the number of people who choose to exercise the power we've handed them is reduced from one in a million to zero.  

Why not both.

3 hours ago, twa said:

we should do that for voting as well

It would probably be a good idea to start out with using it as a criteria for posting on message boards though.

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

There's no doubt in my mind someone went out of their way to pay him for his stance.  Someone walks into a GOP fundraiser and starts clipping folks they way people are doing it in walmart parking lots, maybe we get some traction.  Thing is, I don't want that, it will be tit for tat at that point, we're talking assassinations in that case, that's the last thing we need.  The second we except changing our government with bullets instead of ballots, we're done.

I don't want it either. However, if the opioid "crisis" among other things has taught me anything, it's that nothing happens in this country until a crisis starts to affect the melanin challenged well-off. So, if that's what it takes, then that's what it takes.

3 hours ago, Fergasun said:

The manifesto:
Channels Michael Savage and other "hard ideological" folks who deem illegal immigration an "invasion". The Democrats are about to take Texas... America is domed when this happens!! Cites corporations as an evil partner in this. All of it is what I would expect a white nationist to say and then claims, "calling me a white nationalist is fake news."

People who act like illegal immigrants have such a great life in America are morons -- "free health care, cell phones, cars.... all paid for by Americans!!!!!". I think Trump says dumb stuff like this.

This has been a losing argument politically for 20+ years... so now that these people don't have a political voice, they are turning to violence...

This is somewhat misguided. White supremacists have inserted themselves into the fabric of law enforcement, the military, and government at all levels. If that's what they call not having a political voice, I'd trade places with them in a heartbeat. The only people thinking the don't have a voice, are the aggrieved white males who continue to run everything.

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Someone kills Trump I guarantee someone will kill Bernie.  It's not worth it.

But what's the downside? I keed, I keed! 😄 Just a little levity to hopefully brighten up a pretty sad topic.

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Scary thing ink is knowing which side has more guns and are more proficient with them. If you do, learn how to use it.  Go to the range ALOT!!!  Romberg it’s 10% having the gun and 90% being good at using it.

I switched political affiliations but I'll never get rid of my weapons because the reason I had them in the first place hasn't gone away i.e. white supremacists. If anything, it's gotten worse. It seems I'm not the only one.

1 hour ago, visionary said:

Y3szOXCvnfvTqJI%2BH7Uw0SNxLxZcdpuhKA6pN9

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corcaigh said:

Or work to change the culture.

We don't want to admit that our culture is saturated with fear and violence.  It's even become essentially the only way to make political arguments at this point.  This isn't to say we don't need gun control.  We do.  Obviously.  It's just that there is more to the problem than just guns.  Our culture of fear and rage, where people are becoming increasingly less social and more isolated, is probably a major contributing factor.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I wouldn’t say that. I mean, not in the sense that they were the end goal. A predictable and acceptable consequence, yes.

No, he's right. it is most certainly the end goal.

We have been conditioned that our enemies are our neighbors, a mental health and junky crisis has been cultivated and guns flooded into the general populace. This indoctrination is not by any 8-chan or 4chan or Cant****ingGetLaidChan, but by Fox news and mainstream outlets of opinion that have spent 25 years hammering home the idea that anyone not on the right is evil, trying to kill god, The country, destroy Christmas, ruin the pledge, every damn scare they can absolutely use, includng blaming everyone for the evil they do. Want to find a pedophile? Find the GOP congressman who stands out against it. and so on and so on and so on.
The folks who go get 'radicalized' on 8chan are already predisposed to it by the constant bombardment of hate and fear created by the entirety of right wing strategists and their incredibly effective propaganda. 
None of this is by accident. None of it. They have started a war here.

This is most definitely the desired result because you don't mix up those ingredients for nothing, and

A/ it gets rid of poor people (As in "aaaawwww, those poor people.. at least it wasn't any of us in our ivory towers reaping the rewards of destroying this country" ..  they typically shoot up places that the elites do not go. Malls, movies, icky public schools filled with people that don't look like Muffy and Tad down at the rotary club.
if someone rampages across a trump golf course or into one of his hotels and kills 20 or so billionaire class.. then they might do something. 

B/ it makes money. Every single time, the cash registers ring. Be afraid, Be angry, Kill the killer before he kills you. Shoot shoot and shoot some more, arm everyone, exempt no one, be quick on the draw or ****ing die before you get out of 8th grade.

hate to say it, but there ain't but one way out babe. And dialogue and debate have gone absolutely nowhere. This will get worse.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bang said:

No, he's right. it is most certainly the end goal.

The end goal is to secure power. If the NRA wasn’t funding their campaigns and brainwashing morons to vote for them out of fear, this wouldn’t be happening. If they could get the NRA’s money without the radicalization, they’d be fine with it.  They’re not sitting around saying, how can we get a bunch of people shot up. 

Now that being said, they know that this is the consequence of their rhetoric and that is acceptable collateral damage to them if it means winning a few elections which is just as bad.

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Scary thing ink is knowing which side has more guns and are more proficient with them.

Depends on when you ask. Republican leadership tries to convince us all the time that most African Americans are either a Blood or a Crip, most Hispanics are MS-13, most Middle Easterners are Arab Jihadists, and most Antifa member are Mossad-level assassins who can kill with a simple milkshake. And some, I assume, are good people, since you can occasionally spot a few at a Trump rally.

Sure, you occasionally get a few Good Ol' Boys who take over a Ranger station in the middle of nowhere and then have to beg for snack after a couple of days, but just ignore that.

45 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

The end goal is to secure power. If the NRA wasn’t funding their campaigns and brainwashing morons to vote for them out of fear, this wouldn’t be happening. If they could get the NRA’s money without the radicalization, they’d be fine with it.  They’re not sitting around saying, how can we get a bunch of people shot up. 

Now that being said, they know that this is the consequence of their rhetoric and that is acceptable collateral damage to them if it means winning a few elections which is just as bad.

Killing people has always been a pretty effective method of securing power. Getting the lower classes o murder each other wholesale,, be it by mass shootings, wars over heroin, domestic disputes, doesn't really matter. The cash register rings, more of the scummy people who can't afford to **** in a golden toilet like the President with the real powers are the one getting killed, so raise a glass and toast to good fortune. Or at least to a plan that has worked.

The NRA is in charge here, not congress. Congress does what the NRA wants. It doesn't matter what they sit around and say., they do what they are told, and what they are told is to do nothing, fan the flames, and offer up worthless prayers to a non-existent fairy tale while they sell us all down the river.
and of course, behind these doors always seems to b a russian connection.  But e don't really care, do we?
I wonder if us killing each other would be interesting to them? i wonder, given their history, and especially the history of the guy in charge, if long  term plans to disrupt democracies and create the mayhem that allows their puppets ot take over ould be feasible on a scale here as in central American countries a few decades ago?
Seems to be a bit easier, especially with social media and the wonderful flow of addictive drugs and guns we allow in the name of profit.

Sure is a remarkable coincidence that after years of propaganda in which liberals were literally blamed for everything from natural disasters to trying to destroy Christmas..  after years and years of stirring up 24 straight hours of paranoid anger and blame, ALL while selling more guns than ever... now that we have utter mayhem in which way more often than not a killer will have a racist manifesto..  a terrified population, a traitor in the White House, and a cabal of flunkies that keep opening the doors for more and more while severing our own sovereignty, and as more and more and more direct ties to Russian influence comes out..   does that seem like something they'd do? Act like the soviets? Or do we just chalk all this up to unhappy bad luck?

No ****ing way. In the old days, the Soviet would have to actually go to these places, create the mayhem, establish the death squads, rouse the rabble themselves. Now with social media farms flooding our dumbed down right wing ignorant populace with non-stop propaganda to create confusion and anger on both sides, they can do it from the comfort of their own home, and the targets happily play along. I guess the main thing that can be called coincidental is that it has been shown that these tactics are far more likely to be effective on the right wing dumb ****.  No need to go hang out in steamy Salvadoran jungles to sow discord, radicalize people to create civil wars and overthrow governments that would then become puppets. Just make a few memes and the ****ing idiots are happy to bite.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Thanks 2