Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

6 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

It's not as hard as it may appear on the surface if someone is really trying, like the government.  

Think about it, this site alone keeps track of the last couple locations you've logged in from, you can see it in your profile, mine goes back to May and gives the zip code and date.  If people aren't careful about what they say, they give clues to help build a profile, that's how big data works, not to mention whatever other data is saved in the website's database backend for each particular login, such as IP and time.  

If you used the same process to find one of these bammas as you did to find a hacker, it'd be far less then impossible.

We use are exploring form of authorization at work that basically scans your input patterns (rhythm, tempo, errors **** like that) to identify you are the person logging in.  

You could imagine the uses something like that could provide with a bit of imagination if needed. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Llevron said:

We use are exploring form of authorization at work that basically scans your input patterns (rhythm, tempo, errors **** like that) to identify you are the person logging in.  

You could imagine the uses something like that could provide with a bit of imagination if needed. 

Disney World scans your pass and fingerprint at the entrance to get into the Epcot Center park.  Even my GFs friend who got us in there didnt know why, I can take a couple guesses.

drt_01_106_evilmouseplot.jpg.1e9388600bbde97d0baa3c5e693bc6a2.jpg

"Haha"

Edited by Renegade7

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Disney World scans your pass and fingerprint at the entrance to get into the Epcot Center park.  Even my GFs friend who got us in there didnt know why, I can take a couple guesses.

To stop people from loaning their tickets to other people.  They do it at all of the parks.  And at least for annual passes, have been doing it for over a decade.  (I think they only started doing it for normal tourists in the last few years.)  

And at least the fingerprint technology that I read about, decades ago, the tech doesn't read or store your whole fingerprint.  It reads enough to generate a code which identifies some characteristics of your fingerprint  It doesn't identify you uniquely, but the odds of your friend having the same code as you are like 1/1000.  Not good for convicting you of a crime or anything, but good enough so that attempting to use somebody else's ticket won't work.  (Obviously, whether that's the tech Disney is using, I have no clue.)  

NdGT: "Guns don't kill people, organ failure due to lack of blood kills people."

I don't think Tyson thought through this earlier tweet.

We make people go to years of med school and then usually do a residency before they can become doctors, in addition to making them carry malpractice insurance, and keep up their training.

We spend billions every year developing a flu vaccine to fight the flu.

Guns play a large role in suicides...

We demand training and licensing to drive cars and have about a bajillion different traffic laws you can break for driving poorly.

NDT didn't think this one through.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Sisko said:

I switched political affiliations but I'll never get rid of my weapons because the reason I had them in the first place hasn't gone away i.e. white supremacists. If anything, it's gotten worse. It seems I'm not the only one.

My dad, a far left leftists, told me when he was teaching me to shoot, we have guns because they have guns.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Larry said:

To stop people from loaning their tickets to other people.  They do it at all of the parks.  And at least for annual passes, have been doing it for over a decade.  (I think they only started doing it for normal tourists in the last few years.)  

And at least the fingerprint technology that I read about, decades ago, the tech doesn't read or store your whole fingerprint.  It reads enough to generate a code which identifies some characteristics of your fingerprint  It doesn't identify you uniquely, but the odds of your friend having the same code as you are like 1/1000.  Not good for convicting you of a crime or anything, but good enough so that attempting to use somebody else's ticket won't work.  (Obviously, whether that's the tech Disney is using, I have no clue.)  

I don't remember them doing that at Kings Dominion or Six Flags, is it really that serious?  If I had known that ahead of time, I wouldn't of gone.  Disneyland doesn't do that, so I'm not sure how common this actually is, you sure its everywhere?  I really don't trust these companies when they say stuff like that, Amazon recently admitted the echos listen to people having sex, claiming the trigger word was activated and telling the employees the customers had given them consent.

4 hours ago, Bang said:

No, he's right. it is most certainly the end goal.

We have been conditioned that our enemies are our neighbors, a mental health and junky crisis has been cultivated and guns flooded into the general populace. This indoctrination is not by any 8-chan or 4chan or Cant****ingGetLaidChan, but by Fox news and mainstream outlets of opinion that have spent 25 years hammering home the idea that anyone not on the right is evil, trying to kill god, The country, destroy Christmas, ruin the pledge, every damn scare they can absolutely use, includng blaming everyone for the evil they do. Want to find a pedophile? Find the GOP congressman who stands out against it. and so on and so on and so on.
The folks who go get 'radicalized' on 8chan are already predisposed to it by the constant bombardment of hate and fear created by the entirety of right wing strategists and their incredibly effective propaganda. 
None of this is by accident. None of it. They have started a war here.

This is most definitely the desired result because you don't mix up those ingredients for nothing, and

A/ it gets rid of poor people (As in "aaaawwww, those poor people.. at least it wasn't any of us in our ivory towers reaping the rewards of destroying this country" ..  they typically shoot up places that the elites do not go. Malls, movies, icky public schools filled with people that don't look like Muffy and Tad down at the rotary club.
if someone rampages across a trump golf course or into one of his hotels and kills 20 or so billionaire class.. then they might do something. 

B/ it makes money. Every single time, the cash registers ring. Be afraid, Be angry, Kill the killer before he kills you. Shoot shoot and shoot some more, arm everyone, exempt no one, be quick on the draw or ****ing die before you get out of 8th grade.

hate to say it, but there ain't but one way out babe. And dialogue and debate have gone absolutely nowhere. This will get worse.

~Bang

Its bigger than Fox News. This is a corporate takeover of our country.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Go ahead and swap GOP & Faux News for "media".

E8DFCE3A-899E-4E60-BB9A-6DAB9F0D94C7.jpeg

No, you can keep it at corporate media. CNN, MSNBC, Washington Post, NY Times, National Review, Sinclair Broadcasting Group, Fox, and other corporate media outlets all traffic in their pretend quest for impartiality. They h

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

No, you can keep it at corporate media. CNN, MSNBC, Washington Post, NY Times, National Review, Sinclair Broadcasting Group, Fox, and other corporate media outlets all traffic in their pretend quest for impartiality. They h

I dont agree with counting Washington Post in that, I dont read NY Times, but I do read WaPo regularly.  They slowly push out multiple articles on the shooters background overtime as they learn more, you can see that with Newtown and Vegas.

It's ironic that some people feel WaPo is far left and bashes Trump too much unnecessarily.  Their opinion peices go after both sides, calling out dems for not picking a clear message on healthcare when the republicans dont have one.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, No Excuses said:

I don’t think you understand how Congress works. You may not like hearing this, but people like you are part of the problem.

I absolutely understand how Congress works.  And both sides failed us on gun control, specifically in the last decade.  During the beginning of Obama's administration the Democrats controlled Congress and sat back and did nothing for gun control.  They could have amended and passed a new ban on assault weapons similar to the one that Clinton did that Republicans let expire in 2004.

At minimum, they could have passed common sense gun control laws.  But they didn't.  It was a short window of time, but none the less, a window of opportunity.  And then the Republicans took over Congress and have refused to listen to the left on anything gun control related.  Yes, the Republicans have been the main reason the better part of the decade on not working with the left in regards to gun control.  I never said they weren't, but to say that the Democrats don't shoulder any of that burden (in the past decade) is factually incorrect.

And my thinking both parties suck started long ago and is not just related to gun control, but all major issues of debate.  And when I said I should have voted my gut/heart in 2016 (for Gary Johnson) it had nothing to do with gun control, it's just whom I felt was the best candidate.  

6 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Why are they calling it “white terrorism”? That’s stupid.

Well Muslim terrorists normally blow people and themselves up.  White terrorists shoot up a bunch of people before dying by cop/suicide.

Whiteys have an MO

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

What's his argument?  That because a lot of people in this big country die of accidents and disease that we shouldn't do anything to stop terrorism and mass murder?  He's a numb nuts.

Don't freak out about mass murders because they are incredibly rare. That's his point. Don't get worked up about 40 people being gunned down at random because more than that die of cancer.

Funny, where was Neil with his logical perspective when 3000 people died on 9/11

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

I don't remember them doing that at Kings Dominion or Six Flags, is it really that serious?  If I had known that ahead of time, I wouldn't of gone.  Disneyland doesn't do that, so I'm not sure how common this actually is, you sure its everywhere?

I would bet that tickets to Kings Dominion and Six Flags aren't $100 a person a day.  

And I've been a Disney Annual Passholder for probably 15 years.  I know they've been using my fingerprint, at all 4 parks, for at least 10 years, maybe all 15.  

I do know that Disney has been having a problem for decades, with people reselling their unused tickets, for all the time I've been going.  

Part of the problem is the way they pric e their tickets.  Obviously, the prices have changed over the years, so I'm just going to use made up numbers that are close to current prices.  

For one person to get in to the park, say it's $100.

But you can buy a 2-day ticket for $190.  The second day is cheaper.  

If you buy a 4 day ticket, the 4th day might be only $60

The 6th day might be $45.  

And if you're staying in a Disney hotel, and buying your tickets as part of a package with your hotel room, then the prices are lower.  

Lots of people buy tickets for one reason or another, and wind up not using one or two days.  

Now, the tickets are clearly labeled "Not Transferable".  And they have somebody else's name printed on them.  But 10 years ago, half the shopping centers in Kissimmee had a booth selling "discount Disney Tickets" for like $40.  (Per person per day.)  People who bought a 6 day ticket and only used 5 days, would sell their ticket that still has one day left to the ticket booth, who would sell it to somebody else.  

(I have no clue if there were other problems.  Like, say, people selling tickets "that have one day left", when they really don't.  Or if there were people intentionally buyimng tickets for more days than they intended to say, because "heck, the 7th day only costs $25, and we can sell it for $30".  I could imaging things like that happening, but I never actually read about it happening.)  

And that's even before you get into things like annual passes.  Without the fingerprint, I could loan you my annual pass, and you could go spend four days in Disney for free.  

- - - - - 

Now, I'm not saying Disney doesn't invade their customer's privacy.  They absolutely do.  In ways that I find really offensive.  (They're really not even subtle about it, any more.)  

I'm just saying that I'm confident that they don't have a database full of "good enough to convict you for murder" fingerprints of everybody who's gone through the gates.  They can't even maintain a web site that runs decently, or deliver decent cell coverage in the parks.