Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Game Day Thread

zCommander

What is it about the Jets where officials keep making the wrong calls on replays? League has had to apologize twice already this season for mistakes that reversed TDs against them now today clear evidence that McCown crosses the goal-line is ignored. Fortunately for the Jets McCown got it the next play but what the hell how do officials keep messing up on replays? 

8 minutes ago, GhostofSparta said:

Chiefs player, clearly unhappy with a penalty called on him, picked up the ref's flag and threw it into the stand. :rofl89:

7 minutes ago, Mooka said:

lol Marcus Peters just threw a flag into the fans in a hissy fit. 

He then walked off the field.  Note he had not been ejected.  He just quit.

7 minutes ago, Mooka said:

And he ejected himself.

For all the complaints I've had about Redskins players being idiots with penalties, I've got to admit that it's nice that we haven't had a player ejected since Chris Baker. Or eject himself. :rofl89:

3 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Sundays without Redskins football are relaxing and wonderful.

I love it. I watched RZ till about 2:30, took a 1 hour nap(tired from last night), now my girl is about to come home from her open house and we're gonna do some Sunday evening volleyball.

1 hour ago, jschuck12001 said:

Gronk just did a belly flop on a Bills CB.

That was a dirty hit.

51 minutes ago, GhostofSparta said:

Chiefs player, clearly unhappy with a penalty called on him, picked up the ref's flag and threw it into the stand. :rofl89:

50 minutes ago, Mooka said:

That was funny. :ols:

He will be in big trouble with the league, though. :nono:

29 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Wow, the chiefs have really collapsed since their good start to the season. Now the Chargers could be tied at first place in the afc west if they beat the browns today (which they should). And that’s after starting the season 0-4. 

Their defense should have to walk home.  Their offense scored 31 didn't turn it over and somehow they still lost to the Jets.  

The 4th quarter of SNF is the first bit of football I have watched today.  Still very dejected about the loss on Thursday and the prospect of the rest of the season being meaningless.  I see that Alex Smith put up 50 points in FF and of course I had him on the bench.  

With Philly about to take the loss, hopefully it's a step towards the Saints ending up with homefield advantage in the playoffs because I think if the NFC Championship is played in the Dome, they will punch their ticket to the SB, however they aren't the same team on the road.  No I am not "rooting for" the Saints, just looking at the most difficult pathway for Philly. Hahahaha.

So Philly is down 24-10 and turns the ball over on downs at the Seattle 40 with 5:43 left.  They have two timeouts left.  Wouldn't you think they'd use the timeouts at that point, and hope to hold Seattle on downs and maybe get the ball back with maybe a little under five minutes left?  Nope.  Seattle doesn't punt until there's under four minutes left. 

Philly winds up throwing an INT into the end zone at the two minute warning and Seattle gets the ball back at the 20......THEN Philly decides to use their timeouts.

What am I missing here?

Archived