Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Game Day Thread

zCommander

Bortles is mediocre but honestly I really didn't like the officials being so willing to throw PI flags on plays that seemed very close.  The one where the Jag defender had his head turned around and was trying to make a play on the ball?  The flag gets thrown and you give the Patriots pretty much half the field in a razor thin close game.  It's like we know Brady is awesome, but you are just making it even easier for them. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

He always makes noises like that? Jesus :ols:

He always makes noises like that? Jesus :ols:

I bet you're thinkin of that pass that Amendola caught at about the 10, and looked like it might have hit the ground and Romo was like :

I don't know about.....OooooAaaaaaEeeeeeAaaaaaOoooo.....that catch.........EeeeeeeAaaaaaaIiiiiiiiiiOooooooo.

Then Nantz is literally like :

"Nice sound effects, Tony......But it's still a catch".

Yup, that exchange pretty much summarizes Romo.

Just now, Gibbit said:

Jags threw the game away. 

Yep, they lost their aggression in the second half, and played scared.

They stopped blitzing up  the middle, and started to play way back, fearful of the big play.

On offense, they became run, run, pass, fearful of making a mistake.

The Patriots didn't  win this game. The Jags lost it when they had it.

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Respect the greatness that is Tom Brady and the Patriots because we'll never see anything like this again.

Jags need to spend whatever it takes on Cousins. You put Cousins on this Jags team and they win this game by two TDs.

Blake looked good as Kirk in this game....with a little elusiveness

blake wasn’t why jags lost today imo

coaching

1 minute ago, Gibbit said:

Blake looked good as Kirk in this game....with a little elusiveness

blake wasn’t why jags lost today imo

I don't think he was either, but I think he would have made more throws late in the game. The Jags went 10-6 this year but with Cousins they might have gone 13-3 and had this game in their house.

5 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Bortles is mediocre but honestly I really didn't like the officials being so willing to throw PI flags on plays that seemed very close.  The one where the Jag defender had his head turned around and was trying to make a play on the ball?  The flag gets thrown and you give the Patriots pretty much half the field in a razor thin close game.  It's like we know Brady is awesome, but you are just making it even easier for them. 

Yep. I posted about this a couple days ago. The BJ and FJ in this game have thrown more laundry against opposing team's secondary, and the fewest against the Patriots' secondary of any BJ and FJ in the league over the course of the last four years. The Jags were outplaying the Patriots for the most part, but give Brady credit. You scout the officials just as thoroughly as you do opposing players. Brady knew to toss it up, and the flags would likely fly. They did. Outstanding game, and a fun one to watch.

Archived