Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Game Day Thread

zCommander

My preseason Superbowl pick was New England. I just didn't see anyone beating them and so far, that's been the case. I don't expect either the Vikings or Eagles to beat the Pats but the Vikings will give them a closer game. Philly and the Pats may finally have a Superbowl where it isn't that close.

1 minute ago, Bacon said:

I don't know about the whole league being rigged, but you have to be blind to not notice how many calls the Pats get. Refs were, in fact, celebrating with Pats players after a TD. That happened. There's a touch more to the universal loathing for them than mere jealousy. 

The thing is that's a given that weird or beyond weird things happen when you play in NE.  JAX should've played more aggressively to not allow NE to win that game.  It was there for the taking, but they didn't grab hold of it.

6 minutes ago, carex said:

they got stripped of a first round pick in a year they'd acquired a first rounder that ended up being the seventh pick in the draft.  Losing their 32nd pick became a slap on the wrist

And Elite teams don't need the benefit of the doubt, so **** just accepting that.  They're elite? They shouldn;t need the slightest advantage over the non-elie

Losing a 1st round pick is a slap in the wrist? Okay then.

Whether they need to or not is beyond the point. In every sport every year since the beginning of time, the best player and best teams get the benefit of the doubt. Michael Jordan got more calls in his favor. Roger Clemens had a bigger strike zone. Wayne Gretzky got more power play opportunities. Welcome to sports.

If you want to hate them for being good, that's your right, but to whine about them being cheaters and the league being rigged in their favor just makes you come across as ignorant and, to be honest, like a whiny child.

Just now, Gibbit said:

There weren’t any terrible calls man. The pi was pi

Did you watch the game? There were three of them on one drive. 

My favorite was the blatant defensive holding that wasn't called on third down late in the game. Crossing route, Pats player with a fistful of jersey that sabotaged the route. Nothing. Jags punt. 

Just now, Bacon said:

My favorite was the blatant defensive holding that wasn't called on third down late in the game. Crossing route, Pats player with a fistful of jersey that sabotaged the route. Nothing. Jags punt. 

Yeah. One stupid delay of game after a timeout changes this game

5 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

The thing is that's a given that weird or beyond weird things happen when you play in NE.  JAX should've played more aggressively to not allow NE to win that game.  It was there for the taking, but they didn't grab hold of it.

When the refs are looking for any excuse to throw a flag how can you play more agressively?

14 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I mean the Pats won it (with a little help). But it's so annoying watching teams beat them for most of a game and then lose their minds late to blow it. The Seahawks did it, the Falcons didi it, the Jaguars did it. 

Clearly, a lead on the Patriots, or outplaying them the first 3 quarters doesn't mean you're in control or winning. 

3 hours ago, Gibbit said:

It really wasn't. But the problem is not one call. The problem is that the Patriots are getting TDs on drives built on borderline PIs that get called, while the Jags are having drives get ended on plays where the Patriots are grabbing their receivers and the refs don't even think about calling anything. At best they're calling it one way and not the other.

1 minute ago, pjfootballer said:

Well, what do you know. Never would’ve guessed NE would make the SB. So different from years past. I’m done watching for the year. **** the SB. Not interested. 

You can watch it, just find another source. Don't give them the ratings.

4 minutes ago, Bacon said:

yeah, those times the Jags players were getting up looking for the flags were not just acting.  Every time it was done, a flag was deserved.  And if they weren't penalties then the ones called on the Jags weren't either

10 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

jags blew it

Wrong. Clearly illegal contact. The ball was uncatchable. Even illegal contact was borderline. Both players were hand fighting. At worst it should’ve been 5 yards auto 1st down. I’ve seen games where that wasn’t even a flag.

i also don’t like an official in a circle of pats players smiling and laughing. Likely taken out of context, but still a bad look.

5 minutes ago, carex said:

When the refs are looking for any excuse to throw a flag how can you play more agressively?

I blame the Bortles and the Jags play calling more than the refs because they had the lead for the majority of the game and couldn't put it away which kept the Patriots in it.  Blaming the refs is getting tired and old.  Patriots aren't undefeated at home in the AFC championship game.  Ask the 2012 Ravens

I’d like everyone to know that I will be rooting for the Eagles to win this thing.  If they can get the monkey off their back and bring another Lombardi back to the NFC East, I’m perfectly fine with that and I think it’s a good thing.

Plus, I know a few Eagles fans and they’re really good friends and good people.  All the Vikes/Pats fans that I know personally are racist, bro-Country clown shoes.

3 minutes ago, Birdlives said:

Wrong. Clearly illegal contact. The ball was uncatchable. Even illegal contact was borderline. Both players were hand fighting. At worst it should’ve been 5 yards auto 1st down. I’ve seen games where that wasn’t even a flag.

I guess. Looked like the reciever was body blocked/pushed out of bounds to me. Didnt look like a ridiculous call. One I would’ve been shouting for if skins were on offense there

Archived