Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Comprehensive NFL Draft Thread

Going Commando

1 minute ago, bh32 said:

When i looked at his cut ups i saw a player when he wanted to penetrate he did..his 10 yard split is elite..

Against who? Against better opponents he was mostly neutralized in passing downs. He could not do anything with double teams. Many didn't even need them. He sniffs out the runs and tracks them nicely but will have to come off the field on 3rd downs maybe 2nd. With James and Edmunds they play all 3 downs. Who has a better impact on your team? 

2 minutes ago, LaRonDontLikeUgly said:

PAYNE TRAIN always been our pick over Vea!  He's the better player and the better long-term prospect.  Only way I could be happier right now is if Holtby didn't give up 3 goals in last period!

I agree and when Payne hones his pass rush. He will be a force. 

5 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

At this stage I'm settling on the guess that we look to draft a combination from Payne,  Price, Josh Jackson and Guice or Jones II through two rounds (by trading back for an extra pick or two).

Thought we'd trade back, but Payne in.

Next I'm going for Price, Josh Jackson or Guice/Jones.

We could trade back into the first.

18 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Sorry bother. You dont draft for need at 13. You want to try to plug holes in the 2nd and 3rd? Fine. What they just passed up for a guy THAT CANNOT RUSH THE passer is inexcusable. I was fine with last years draft as Allen was an elite player. Payne is not.

Well as it stands right now, 3 more teams have passed on James, and counting.

12 minutes ago, Dexter said:

Nah, just looking for a semi sex pick or an impact player.  Good pick not sexy or smart to not use to board to our advantage.  More disappointed that we didn't move back especially with Edmunds and James still on the board.

possiblly no one offered.  Possibly the people who did were far enough back we didn't think we could get our guy

gotta say im so pissed, i have taken allen bs and half way defended it, but that was such a lame pick. 10 slots to early, no more passes, allen should be fired sunday... cant believe he left edmunds and james on board, seems like draft for need only, not even a balance.

and how everyone around moving and trading picks, and nothing, ****ing crickets, **** BA, he needs gone...

6 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Allens shoulder was an issue last year so I dont know why at 13 that was an issue. I will grow to like the Payne pick. It did address a need for us. But man. Adding James or Edmunds could have made the back end of the defense something else.

4 minutes ago, redskins4ever28 said:

I’m confused

even if we draft by need how do we not take James? Was his knee that bad?

3 minutes ago, Idaho fan said:

He is sliding.  I wanted James but that knee must be an issue 

I've read that 4 teams have taken him off their board.

And there he goes to SD.

14 minutes ago, dcdiscokid said:

thats fine in a value slot, but theres more to the draft then being safe. Leaving blue chip players on board to reach for a d-lineman that is just a run stopper is just like the scheriff pick... > see we fixed that, were all good, keep giving me money....

and then when nothing changes because the good position continues to play good and the bad position continues to play bad fans can scream about how the fans do nothing to plug the holes, and how either the falling talent isn't playing because he can't beat out the guy there or we've got a previous seasons quality player is sitting on the bench

Feeling a lot better that James didn't go to Dallas.  I am hoping we can pull Connor Williams or some other top lineman in the 2nd round.  We could get this thing turned around pretty quickly with the extra beef on the lines.

Archived