Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Comprehensive NFL Draft Thread

Going Commando

5 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Honestly how many years have the Redskins drafted DB's and it had no effect on the defense? None of these DB's were in the same class as Taylor or landry..I mean hell what about champ bailey? Redskins have neglected the DL for so long that i remember people on this board begging for them to draft DL,so what has happened to that thought?

the Redskins actually did it.  A good chunk of fans on here would prefer to have things to complain about rather than anything else

4 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

So if I follow them correctly, they will take Ronald Jones at 44. Unbelievable. With James and Edmunds on the board you cannot take Payne. We had gold drop to us. Either trade out - then take Payne or take one of those two. 

I would actually LOVE Jones at 44. But he wont be there. He is my number 2 RB in this draft. And rotating him and Thompson would be SICK.

1 minute ago, carex said:

the Redskins actually did it.  A good chunk of fans on here would prefer to have things to complain about rather than anything else

Nah, just looking for a semi sex pick or an impact player.  Good pick not sexy or smart to not use to board to our advantage.  More disappointed that we didn't move back especially with Edmunds and James still on the board.

1 minute ago, skins4 said:

sounds like the same bunch of "know it all" that hated the Brandon Scherff pick......

Not even close. I loved the Scherff pick. Solid player and one of the best players on the board. This time you had at least 4 guys that were head and shoulders above Payne in talent. At 13 you can't be about position unless it's QB. James makes the middle of this D instantly better - much better. Payne makes us marginally better. And you could have him or someone like him at 44, easily. 

1 minute ago, skins4 said:

sounds like the same bunch of "know it all" that hated the Brandon Scherff pick......

Different situation. Actually one could argue the "hate" was warranted. It was all about not drafting Leonard Williams. Both very good players and I love Scherff but The Big Cat is more valuable imo...

It's just s bad value pick.  It's a reach, that's he problem most have here.  We could have traded back a few picks if there were reasonable offers.  If there weren't you have to take he bpa, and I have a hard time believing Payne was this high on their board.  

6 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Honestly how many years have the Redskins drafted DB's and it had no effect on the defense? None of these DB's were in the same class as Taylor or landry..I mean hell what about champ bailey? Redskins have neglected the DL for so long that i remember people on this board begging for them to draft DL,so what has happened to that thought?

Its not the position for me. It is the PLAYER. Payne can play the run. He is awful against the pass. No other way to put it. Can he learn to rush the passer? Well. I guess we are going to find out.

1 minute ago, Dexter said:

Nah, just looking for a semi sex pick or an impact player.  Good pick not sexy or smart to not use to board to our advantage.  More disappointed that we didn't move back especially with Edmunds and James still on the board.

Agree but New Orleans traded up and they are still on the board and then Oak took a LT. 

1 minute ago, carex said:

thats fine in a value slot, but theres more to the draft then being safe. Leaving blue chip players on board to reach for a d-lineman that is just a run stopper is just like the scheriff pick... > see we fixed that, were all good, keep giving me money....

Even if you set aside this specific pick, its the principle of the thing. We never ever ever take advantage of falling talent that "shouldn't" be there in order to steal talent and get playmakers on the roster, with the exception of Allen last year who lined up with our needs anyways. We go in knowing what we need and we draft that. Regardless of what's on the board tomorrow I'm sure we go RB or CB. 

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Its not the position for me. It is the PLAYER. Payne can play the run. He is awful against the pass. No other way to put it. Can he learn to rush the passer? Well. I guess we are going to find out.

When i looked at his cut ups i saw a player when he wanted to penetrate he did..his 10 yard split is elite..

13 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

I would actually LOVE Jones at 44. But he wont be there. He is my number 2 RB in this draft. And rotating him and Thompson would be SICK.

You and I usually agree but I see Jones as the 4th or 5th back. Really good in space. Good speed when there is a hole. Struggles finding small holes on the inside. Not so bad outside can slide through defenders. But he goes down too easy and can't create against better competition. I hope I am wrong as I am certain that's who we take. 

My nightmare draft was Payne at 13 and Jones at 44. So book it. That's what will happen. 

Archived