Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Comprehensive NFL Draft Thread

Going Commando

Just now, carex said:

we got three major holes right now, NT, LG, RB.  We have no excuse to ignore them

Sorry bother. You dont draft for need at 13. You want to try to plug holes in the 2nd and 3rd? Fine. What they just passed up for a guy THAT CANNOT RUSH THE passer is inexcusable. I was fine with last years draft as Allen was an elite player. Payne is not.

Honestly how many years have the Redskins drafted DB's and it had no effect on the defense? None of these DB's were in the same class as Taylor or landry..I mean hell what about champ bailey? Redskins have neglected the DL for so long that i remember people on this board begging for them to draft DL,so what has happened to that thought?

Knew that was going to happen, because I knew they would get caught up in having promised to fix the run defense all offseason. They were taking DL regardless of what talent dropped because they are incompetent. 

He's not a bad pick. He's just not the most talented player on the board imo, and a classic need pick. 

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

So if I follow them correctly, they will take Ronald Jones at 44. Unbelievable. With James and Edmunds on the board you cannot take Payne. We had gold drop to us. Either trade out - then take Payne or take one of those two. 

Exactly. This move has been telegraphed for a long time. So the next one will likely be too :-)

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Sorry bother. You dont draft for need at 13. You want to try to plug holes in the 2nd and 3rd? Fine. What they just passed up for a guy THAT CANNOT RUSH THE passer is inexcusable. I was fine with last years draft as Allen was an elite player. Payne is not.

our run D is what was bad.  Besides, maybe he learns

2 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Honestly how many years have the Redskins drafted DB's and it had no effect on the defense? None of these DB's were in the same class as Taylor or landry..I mean hell what about champ bailey? Redskins have neglected the DL for so long that i remember people on this board begging for them to draft DL,so what has happened to that thought?

Payne is good. He's not even as good as Allen though, who was a 3-down player and the BPA last year. Payne was not the BPA and is primarily a run stuffer...at 13. That's the problem people have. 

Archived