Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Let's have some fun and troll Bernie Bros because Warren would have beaten Biden If Sanders had just stayed out of the race.

Which very well might be true, btw. 

She can’t even win in her own state and her approval numbers and election tallies run below the Democratic lean of MA.

I love Elizabeth Warren but she’s not well liked by too many voters for some reason. My armchair theory is that her appeal is primarily to nerds and the broader electorate finds her wonkiness a turnoff. 

1 minute ago, No Excuses said:

I love Elizabeth Warren but she’s not well liked by too many voters for some reason. My armchair theory is that her appeal is primarily to nerds and the broader electorate finds her wonkiness a turnoff. 

It’s hard to speak down a level on economic and budgets and such and get anywhere. People who don’t have the stuff occupying space in their head regularly can’t follow. 

her best selling qualities revolve around really dry topics

shes a hard sell. 

She can’t even win in her own state and her approval numbers and election tallies run below the Democratic lean of MA.

She's actually very popular. Look at her approval numbers. She got drowned out because people think she can't win. Hell, read this thread. Multiple posters saying they wanted to vote for her but didn't because they thought she was out of it.

If she had the progressive lane without the Bernie cult, she'd either be ahead right now or giving Biden a contest without the panicky party establishment desperately trying to stop her like they are Bernie. 

5 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

She's actually very popular. Look at her approval numbers. She got drowned out because people think she can't win. Hell, read this thread. Multiple posters saying they wanted to vote for her but didn't because they thought she was out of it.

If she had the progressive lane without the Bernie cult, she'd either be ahead right now or giving Biden a contest without the panicky party establishment desperately trying to stop her like they are Bernie. 

Popularity is subjective, but for a Democrat from a deep blue state, her numbers are not as good as they should be: 

https://www.vox.com/2019/7/30/20691246/elizabeth-warren-massachusetts-unpopular

She’s one of the least popular Senators in the country: https://morningconsult.com/senator-rankings/

And remember, she was briefly leading at one point in the polls and the establishment absolutely panicked over her and she got a lot of negative coverage. It’s probably why she tanked quickly and lost a lot of center left voters. 

11 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

A lot of dudes don't like to get lectured by a woman. That's how she comes off. Not saying it's right, but sadly it's true. 

8 minutes ago, tshile said:

It’s hard to speak down a level on economic and budgets and such and get anywhere. People who don’t have the stuff occupying space in their head regularly can’t follow. 

her best selling qualities revolve around really dry topics

shes a hard sell. 

I think she's actually very good at communicating those dry topics in an accessible manner, which bodes well for her ability to convey information to a nation about a plurality of topics. 

Of course, I'm relatively educated and engaged on the subjects she talks about so I'm sure there's a barrier for entry. 

10 minutes ago, Hooper said:

A lot of dudes don't like to get lectured by a woman. That's how she comes off. Not saying it's right, but sadly it's true. 

A lot of people don’t like getting lectured and I agree she does come off as lecturing a bit.  (Didn’t really bother me, I grew up in an overwhelming female family not at all shy when it comes to opinions). My poor sister just couldn’t stand listening to Warren, and she was sad about it because she really wanted to support a female candidate.  

How did Warren do with female voters anyway?  I haven’t seen the exit polls for that tonight.

One positive about Warren‘s campaign, she absolutely killed Bloomberg on stage.  Twice.  

Popularity is subjective, but for a Democrat from a deep blue state, her numbers are not as good as they should be: 

https://www.vox.com/2019/7/30/20691246/elizabeth-warren-massachusetts-unpopular

She’s one of the least popular Senators in the country: https://morningconsult.com/senator-rankings/

And remember, she was briefly leading at one point and the establishment absolutely panicked over her. It’s probably why she tanked quickly and lost a lot of center left voters. 

Massachusetts is not the tae people think it is. It has far more Democrats, but they are a fairly centrist Democratic Party. It's why a long term liberal pol like Ed Markey is probably going to be primaried out this year. 

And the whole "not as popular int heir own state" is such a ludicrously overrated and meaningless metric with national figures that I don't even pay the least attention to it. 

There are plenty of quantifiable numbers out there. Her fav/unfav numbers, the number of people who listed her as their second choice, etc. It's really not even debatable how well liked she is among Dem voters. She just needed the progressive lane and the Bernie cult had that cornered.

And the establishment absolutely did NOT panic over her. It was media coverage scrutiny over her Medicare for all plan, and her peaking too early that did her in. The party establishment never made any kind of stand against her. In fact, she has a ton of endorsements from party members and would have picked up more if she had been running closer (kind of an open secret that Harry Reid was backing her, for example, but she just didn't do well enough in NH to be viable). 

Just now, Destino said:

A lot of people don’t like getting lectured and I agree she doesn’t come off that way.  My sister just couldn’t stand listening to her, and she was sad about it because she really wanted to support a female candidate.  

How did Warren do with female voters anyway?  I haven’t seen the exit polls for that tonight.

The narrative is that she destroyed Bloomberg. I think that's partially true, but I also think it turned a lot of people off at the same time. 

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

And the establishment absolutely did NOT panic over her. It was media coverage scrutiny over her Medicare for all plan, and her peaking too early that did her in. 

The media's coverage of her tax plan was wildly off-base and unfair. Made her look to the left of Bernie, when it just wasn't true.

12 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I said it before and I'll say it again. Warren torpedoed herself releasing her Medicare For All price tag. That's when she sank and never recovered. Democrats said hellll no and she scared everyone in the party since she was the front runner at the time. And when Warren did sink and realized she made a bonehead mistake she made an even bigger mistake trying to walk it back which cost her some of her progressive cred. Bernie hasn't gotten anywhere near the same scrutiny and pressure for his plans that Warren got as front runner and that's why the establishment is so scared to death of him and his platform.

14 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Facts.  As recently as last Thursday she was a solid 2-3 nationally.

She beat Biden in the first 3 states and and absolutely ended Bloomberg forever.

She is a kingmaker and a policy goddess.  Speaking for her base, we regret nothing.

2 minutes ago, Hooper said:

The narrative is that she destroyed Bloomberg. I think that's partially true, but I also think it turned a lot of people off at the same time. 

I don't believe so at all.

The moment this campaign got away from her was her lackluster performance (and Klobuchar's good one) in the last NH debate. If she had picked up a few points, instead of losing several, in the last days there, she comes into Nevada with some momentum and that debate there boosts her more and she's in it. Instead she craters in NH and was never seen as a threat to win after that. 

2 minutes ago, Hooper said:

The media's coverage of her tax plan was wildly off-base and unfair. Made her look to the left of Bernie, when it just wasn't true.

Agree. Somehow Bernie completely escaped the drumbeat of "how are you going to pay for it?"

3 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Facts.  As recently as last Thursday she was a solid 2-3 nationally.

She beat Biden in the first 3 states and and absolutely ended Bloomberg forever.

She is a kingmaker and a policy goddess.  Speaking for her base, we regret nothing.

Since Nevada (really NH, but I mentioned the circumstance there above) she's underperformed her poll numbers consistently. Pretty clearly because this turned into a Bernie vs Stop Bernie race and she's been marginalized as a factor, so people don't want to "waste" their votes on her.

Archived