Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

11 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Amy is dropping out and endorsing Biden.

This is as good a time as any to reiterate that Amy Klobuchar - or any other of the 2020 candidates, current and former, Democrat or Republican  - would be infinitely better than Donald J. Trump as President of the United States.

6 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Biden/Gretchen Whitmer would be good also. 

Bloomberg is just being a dick now. If he spent his millions on acts just going after Donny. He'd be a Dem hero if they can win in the fall.

If Bloomberg really wants to help, just bankroll Biden's campaign.  It's a vanity show at this point.

33 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

So do I, but she had no chance and was siphoning off centrist votes from Biden.

I get it.  And if Biden gets the nomination, I'd vote for him.  

But man, I'm tired of seeing old fartknockers run and get far because they're a familiar face.  

My dad went to college with Biden at UD.  He was a year or two younger than Biden.  Whenever they'd roughhouse in the dorms and wrestle around, Biden would go "WATCH THE TEETH, WATCH THE TEETH" because he, from the very start, knew he wanted to be in politics and be POTUS and didn't want anyone ****ing up his face.

My dad turns 75 in April.  He's been retired for a number of years.  He farts around the house in his underwear, looks at birds with his binoculars and forgets stuff since he doesn't work and doesn't do anything to really keep himself sharp.  He's a ****ing hazard out on the road, I'm terrified to drive with him.  His filter is practically gone, he's liable to say inappropriate **** anytime, anywhere.  And while it's got a potential to be hysterical, it's also got the potential to be as terrifying as his driving.  He, in many ways, is far removed from being the man who raised me.  

I can't imagine someone at that age (or older) being President.  Granted, Biden has stayed active in politics and has stayed sharp (debatable) due to the nature of the job, so the comparison to my dad isn't really legit.  That said, I look at my dad and think "Jesus Christ, you're losing it," and can't imagine anyone his age being the POTUS.  Yeah, yeah, I know Trump is 73, I'm not happy about it either.

We've already had one President with known Alzheimer's, I don't think it's in our best interest to be electing officials that, quite frankly, are old and might not be far from losing it.  That goes for you too, Bernie.  Go yell about soup or how you're feeling a draft.  

Not sorry at all that it's agist.  

12 minutes ago, bearrock said:

It's a vanity show at this point.

Isn't it always?

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I can't imagine someone at that age (or older) being President.  Granted, Biden has stayed active in politics and has stayed sharp (debatable) due to the nature of the job, so the comparison to my dad isn't really legit.  That said, I look at my dad and think "Jesus Christ, you're losing it," and can't imagine anyone his age being the POTUS.  Yeah, yeah, I know Trump is 73, I'm not happy about it either.

We've already had one President with known Alzheimer's, I don't think it's in our best interest to be electing officials that, quite frankly, are old and might not be far from losing it.  That goes for you too, Bernie.  Go yell about soup or how you're feeling a draft.  

Yeah.....I mean, regardless, whether its Trump or the Democratic nominee, we're going to have a POTUS who at least has a four-year term from early 2021-early 2025 who is in their mid-70s or older. Definitely would prefer someone younger, which even means someone in their 60s.

I still think there's a good chance that the GOP nominee for the ticket in 2024 is going to be President (not VP) Mike Pence. 

5 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

what is Pete waiting for?

If the Democratic party makes a hard swing left, that ends his political career before it even really starts.  And I'm not sure he's not in reality more in line with the left wing (that's certainly where he started this election cycle).

Why should he be in a hurry to endorse Biden?

(As not a fan of Bernie's and not a fan of Biden's, if I were Pete, I'd be very very hesitant to endorse Biden.)

2 hours ago, Larry said:

Support Biden-Pete.  

The GOP Senate might try to impeach Biden.  

Impeachment starts in the House which is controlled by Democrats.  While they GOP will probably hold on the Seante, its extremely unlikely they retakes the House in 2020.

5 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

And there's Biden's running mate.

His best choices are either Kamala to help motivate black voters (she’s also a super sharp debater) or Warren to try to win over disaffected progressives after he narrowly beats Bernie. 

2 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

His best choices are either Kamala to help motivate black voters (she’s also a super sharp debater) or Warren to try to win over disaffected progressives after he narrowly beats Bernie. 

Or after Bernie's in the lead come the convention but doesn't have enough delegates to clinch the nomination.  So the party screws Bernie over gives it to Uncle Joe.

7 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Biden doesn't have any trouble with black voters.  Its a big reason he won South Carolina.   https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/biden-black-vote/ Obama's endorsement will be more than enough.

Klobuchar might help with suburban, mostly white women who might otherwise vote Republican which would tip the scales.   They didn't vote for Hillary because of baggage.  

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Only when the Russians tell her to!

Thems just jokes.  Tulsi got a raw deal, too many people out there believe all the **** that was said about her.  

She does inexplicable tings that make her suspect. For instance, this op-ed which comes off as pretty dismissive of Russian attempts to influence our elections.

https://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/politics/485051-tulsi-gabbard-presidential-candidates-must-also-condemn-election

And her online supporters are nuts. But all in all she's pretty insignificant, so keep running for whatever.

1 minute ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

She does inexplicable tings that make her suspect. For instance, this op-ed which comes off as pretty dismissive of Russian attempts to influence our elections.

https://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/politics/485051-tulsi-gabbard-presidential-candidates-must-also-condemn-election

And her online supporters are nuts. But all in all she's pretty insignificant, so keep running for whatever.

I'll check that op ed.  I heard her on Joe Rogan, she came across as confident and level headed.  She explained herself well.

Dude, who's online supporters aren't nuts?  Maybe Biden's but that's because they're still trying to figure out how to get on the WiFi.

1 minute ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Biden doesn't have any trouble with black voters.  Its a big reason he won South Carolina.   https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/biden-black-vote/ Obama's endorsement will be more than enough.

Klobuchar might help with suburban, mostly white women who might otherwise vote Republican which would tip the scales.   They didn't vote for Hillary because of baggage.  

I like Klobuchar for the midwest and I'm a moderate, but if it's Biden we need someone who can appeal at least a bit to the Berners. And is young-ish.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/early-in-person-voting-in-nc-exceeds-primary-4-years-ago/ar-BB10EepT

Early in-person voting in NC exceeds primary 4 years ago

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - The number of early in-person voters for North Carolina's primary surpassed figures from the state's primary four years ago.

The State Board of Elections says counties recorded 778,000 people casting ballots at early-voting sites before they closed Saturday.
That’s more than 90,000 above the 2016 primary early-vote total. The numbers don’t include traditional mail-in absentee ballots.

7 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

I like Klobuchar for the midwest and I'm a moderate, but if it's Biden we need someone who can appeal at least a bit to the Berners. And is young-ish.

Bernie Bros aren't going to be attracted to anybody who isn't Bernie. The scary part is if he's not the nom, are they going to go all Jill Stein on us?

14 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Hillary did well with black voters in the primary.  Perhaps better than Biden?  But she still struggled to get them to turnout in the general.  On the other hand Harris is

pretty disliked by a lot on the left, so I don’t know that she would be a helpful pick.

Abrams, Warren, or Castro might be better.  Booker could be interesting.  He isn’t loved by the left, but doesn’t have some baggage others do.  Also he has some appeal to the middle and is a good debater.

Archived