Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

39 minutes ago, Chachie said:

I had my issues with Bush but I have to say I don't remember him being "overly" partisan. Some others here may be able to correct me on that.

President Obama was the first president I actually liked going all the way back to Nixon. Voted for Reagan once but then instantly regretted it. Didn't like Carter (although he is a great ex-president). H was OK but not a big fan - didn't like Clinton although he did do a good job in the end. Really didn't like W. 

But every single one of those presidents - I felt once in office did not abandon the idea that they represented all the people in the US. I may have disagreed with their policies but at least they believed they were doing the right thing. And they all did some significant bi-partisan work. For example the last meaningful immigration reforms were passed by W with the full support of Nancy Pelosi. H signed a pretty big tax increase into place to attempt to offset the ridiculous deficit spending Reagan created with his massive tax cuts.

But no president in that entire time went as far to make sure any one who opposed them was marginalized and actively attacked - despite those presidents all taking beatings in the press like 45 has. 

All those other presidents, including Obama - although mitch and the republicans refused to even try to work with him - tried to remain non-partisan with the understanding they were voted in based on their beliefs. But they did not actively attack average citizens. It should be beneath the dignity of the office. And this - he just gives back what he gets is the cowards excuse. 

Everyone who says that is just as big a coward and bully - yes they are pretty much the same - as 45 is. The problem is that he is now legislating with petty vindictiveness. He is using the power of the office to hurt others simple to satisfy his own ego. And people can democrat this and democrat that and it's all bull****. None of those democrats are president. It is up to the person is that office to better than that. The office demands it, the country demands it to remain the greatest country on earth. 

Him and those not doing their jobs to hold him accountable - looking at the republican house and senate members - are turning this country into just another 2 bit dictatorship. 

1 hour ago, Chachie said:

I had my issues with Bush but I have to say I don't remember him being "overly" partisan. Some others here may be able to correct me on that.

yeah partisanship wasn’t his issue. In fact at the end he refused to go along with the gop’s play to deal with the economic issues. Because economists were telling him it would be very damaging. So the gop turned on him at the end (they eat their own if he/she falls out of line the slightest)

his problem was not knowing when he was being played by Cheney and crew. 

32 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Everyone who says that is just as big a coward and bully - yes they are pretty much the same - as 45 is.

Yup

the truth is identity politics are king

and trump supporters apparently identify with being a bully and a coward; a moron and a carnival barker; a liar and a criminal; a womanizer; someone who publicly calls the FBI scum; someone who seems to have an affinity for dictators

yeah, trump supporters are honest-to-god losers. 

1 hour ago, nonniey said:

This is a rather clueless callout given my posting history on Trump. Especially when it comes to Kelly and Vindman or any idiotic Trump interaction with the military.

i was thinking more of twa's posting  (who attempted to qualify i see,) and of course in general i know your posting well but just included you more as an active conservative poster.....it did occur to me that kelly part may not apply so much to you---i figured i would either see how you replied or go look up posts later...as it is, i just take you at your word on it, it and withdraw any clueless :) implication that you criticized vindman or that process

i'll stand by the rest of that post :)

8 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i was thinking more of twa's posting  (who attempted to qualify i see,) and of course in general i know your posting well but just included you more as an active conservative poster.....it did occur to me that kelly part may not apply so much to you---i figured i would either see how you replied or go look up posts later...as it is, i just take you at your word on it, it and withdraw any clueless :) implication that you criticized vindman or that process

i'll stand by the rest of that post :)

Probably once a quarter Trump does something that gets my blood boiling to the levels most of the rest of you have all the time.  How he removed and publicly attacked Vindman and treated Kelly (now and in the past) are examples of those instances.

4 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Probably once a quarter Trump does something that gets my blood boiling to the levels most of the rest of you have all the time.  How he removed and publicly attacked Vindman and treated Kelly (now and in the past) are examples of those instances.

i sometimes think  i don't actually get angry as much over trump as i should, partly cuz i've always seen him as garbage (same for his family) ...i'm jaded on some aspects of human nature......now as far as what i post, i learned a long time ago that one can find very colorful ways of expressing  every emotion or event, even extreme ones, without necessarily experiencing the actual feelings being described at the time of the writing :D .........or one can always go with the "a dish best served cold" for various forms of anger :)

btw, conservative, bad on you for only getting seriously riled once a quarter with trump---where the ****'s your judgment? :P

35 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Far as I'm concerned, the thing that ought to be the first item on the charging document ought to be:  

1)  He personally asked the head of the FBI to guarantee that the national security investigation the bureau was running would not mention that any of his campaign were involved.  

2)  And then fired him when he didn't agree.  

To me, nothing he's done since then (that I know about) has been as bad as that one.  Or as obvious.  

Haven't hard from Ralph Nader in awhile. I knew he was older, didn't realize he was 10 years older than Biden & Bernie. Sure doesn't sound like it the way he still brings the fire.  His interview on The Intercept, he really nails why progressive candidates fail time after time despite having the majority of people on their side on a good amount of issues:Ralph

Nader on The Intercept

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Haven't hard from Ralph Nader in awhile. I knew he was older, didn't realize he was 10 years older than Biden & Bernie. Sure doesn't sound like it the way he still brings the fire.  His interview on The Intercept, he really nails why progressive candidates fail time after time despite having the majority of people on their side on a good amount of issues:Ralph

Nader on The Intercept

don’t suppose you could just summarize??

26 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

How is Bloomberg polling this high? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills

really effective messaging. 

Re: Limbaugh attacking Pete for being "a gay guy who loves to hiss his husband".  I think if I'm Pete, I would be praying at night for Trump to pick up that line.  

I think my response would be:  

Well, he's my first spouse.  

And Vladimer Putin didn't pocket a commision on the sale when I ordered him.  

Archived