Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

45 minutes ago, tshile said:

God damnit now I remember why I stopped donating to politicians

i jus gave you money. It’s less than 24 hours later and you’re already hitting me up again? Gtfo with that nonsense. 

I donated $10 to Buttigueg... once... months ago.  Every day I receive no less than a dozen emails from his campaign or someone representing his campaign.  It’s obnoxious.

2 hours ago, visionary said:

Not great.

I mean, what about 2016?

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I donated $10 to Buttigueg... once... months ago.  Every day I receive no less than a dozen emails from his campaign or someone representing his campaign.  It’s obnoxious.

Unfortunately that seems pretty typical, although a dozen a day seems like a lot.  I remember getting dozens of emails for months from politicians I never even donated to.  Maybe they got my name from a list somewhere.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/national-security/russia-will-try-meddle-2020-u-s-election-intelligence-report-n1134446?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

Russia will try to meddle in 2020 U.S. election, intelligence report says

Russia wants to help pro-Russia candidates, the report says, but it also meddles because it wants to show that Western nations can't hold fair elections.

WASHINGTON — Russia interfered in Western elections in 2019 and is likely to do so again in 2020, according to the latest annual threat assessment by the Estonian Foreign Intelligence Service.

NBC News obtained an exclusive preview of the annual report from the Baltic nation's intelligence agency, which warns that Russia will continue to pursue cyber operations that threaten other nations.

"Russia's cyber operations have been successful and, to date, have not been sanctioned enough by the West to force Russia to abandon them," the report says.

Russia will try to interfere in the U.S. presidential election in November and in parliamentary elections in the nation of Georgia in October, it warns, saying, "The main goal is to ensure a more beneficial election result for Russia by favoring Russian-friendly candidates or those who have the most divisive influence in the West."

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Glad I read this.  I had actually planned on donating to Pete and/or Amy today.  

*and I swear it had nothing to do with the conversation in here.

The fact that I get loads of emails from Pete, obnoxious as it is, wont deter me for voting for him in the VA primary if he’s still in the race.

7 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I would guess there are ways to get off the mailing lists though.... 

Assuming they are real emails and not a phishing scam.

Latest results:

https://www.cnn.com/election/2020/state/new-hampshire

21 minutes ago, Springfield said:

yeah? At least your 10$ went to someone with a chance

i gave 100 to klobuchar, subsequently found out she has no chance to win (thanks everyone, and twitter). 

so I literally spent 100$ and felt good about it for all of 10 minutes

And now I get like 3 emails a day. 

drugs wound have been a better investment at this point 

18 minutes ago, tshile said:

yeah? At least your 10$ went to someone with a chance

i gave 100 to klobuchar, subsequently found out she has no chance to win (thanks everyone, and twitter). 

so I literally spent 100$ and felt good about it for all of 10 minutes

And now I get like 3 emails a day. 

drugs wound have been a better investment at this point 

Seems like she has a better shot that Warren and about as good of a shot at Biden or Buttigueg at this point.  I haven’t given her much chance personally, but people do seem to like her.

4 hours ago, Springfield said:

I mean, what about 2016?

I think they are comparing apples to apples (an incumbant's #s). 

4 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Just donate under TWA's name and address if you're concerned about the tidal wave of junk mail.

Archived