Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

On 3/10/2020 at 8:18 PM, Hersh said:

Russia must have crazy dirt on Jill Stein. She is bat **** crazy

**** the Bernie Bros; they aren’t supporting Joe at all. Joe better not concede any of his views to please Bernie.

I figure 50%, if not higher, of Sanders voters will ever vote for anyone other than Sanders.

9 hours ago, Springfield said:

Bernie needs to do the right thing and back out so that they don’t have to hold any further primaries.

I would assume that a lot of the primaries also have other things on the ballots, and would therefore continue anyway.  

(Although probably with vastly less turnout.  Which might be good or bad.)  

BTW, looking again at the quotes of Mayor Pete hosting Kimmel?  

The Dems need to seriously find a job for this man.  Does he have a shot at a Senate seat?  Cabinet post in a Biden admin?  Something.  

If this guy isn't the icon (or at least an icon) for the Dem Party four years from now, then they're missing a lot.  

7 minutes ago, Larry said:

BTW, looking again at the quotes of Mayor Pete hosting Kimmel?  

The Dems need to seriously find a job for this man.  Does he have a shot at a Senate seat?  Cabinet post in a Biden admin?  Something.  

If this guy isn't the icon (or at least an icon) for the Dem Party four years from now, then they're missing a lot.  

No. Pete will have a better gig.

He will be the long lost son of Picard, in season 2 of Picard.

16 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

**** the Bernie Bros; they aren’t supporting Joe at all. Joe better not concede any of his views to please Bernie.

I figure 50%, if not higher, of Sanders voters will ever vote for anyone other than Sanders.

You are wronger then wrong on this one, and it wouldnt matter if you were right because Biden got the turnout Dems really needed, the ones that won the 2018 midterms for Dems.

14 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

They need to make plans on how to conduct the general election.

Mail in ballots for every state, doesnt cali already do that?

Sanders’ supporters turnout will at least partially hinge on Bernie. If he gives a halfassed endorsement of Biden like he did Hillary, then his supporters will act accordingly. If Bernie accepts defeat, continues to refer to Biden as his friend, and relentlessly campaigns against Trump, then a lot (but certainly not all) of his supporters will follow. I can see it going either way, but I’m hopeful that Bernie does the right thing, if even so that his legacy isn’t helping Trump win twice. 

2 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Honestly, how many people are watching Trumps behavior before last Wednesday (publicly dismissing the severity of this) and his continued ****posting on Twitter to this day, and still think that he deserves their vote in November?

His cult members don't give a ****. Grandma Betty Lou can drop dead from this thing and they still won't care, this is the world we live in. 

7 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Honestly, how many people are watching Trumps behavior before last Wednesday (publicly dismissing the severity of this) and his continued ****posting on Twitter to this day, and still think that he deserves their vote in November?

You'd be surprised....I've seen some posts on facebook that make me shake my head, including ones that still think this coronavirus is a hoax being used against Trump to bring down the stock market.

You aren't changing the mind of any Trump voter.   Even if they themselves are dying from coronavirus; they will still vote for him.

I wonder if the coronavirus will actually help Bernie this week.  Polls workers are quitting for this weeks primaries.  Many poll workers are 60 or over.

Could the turnout be affected by this?  Could older voters decide to just stay home?   Could the Bernie voters outnumbers the Biden voters due to the coronavirus.

22 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Dude, you're talking about really small % of people.   50% is completely outrageous. 

Its like 15% of Sanders voters say they won't vote for the Dem nonimee vs 10% of Biden voters.  

5% of Sanders voters.... probably can't wipe their own ass. Or are really ****ing dumb. Or whatever 5% of any group is. 

Around 10% of Democrats will vote for Donald Trump this election. Even if its a historically low number, at least 5% of Democats will vote for Donald Trump. (just like 7-9% of R's will vote for Bernie/Biden) Whomever these dumbasses are, they are simply in the % of Democrats or Indys that are going to vote R in 2020. (or vote 3rd party/not vote)

1 hour ago, visionary said:

There is no official deadline in FL for requesting a mail-in ballot. But there has to be enough time for the ballot to get to you (in the mail). And time for the ballot you mail back to arrive in the elections office on Election Day. 

So as a practical matter, deadline was Friday or so. 

Archived