Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

Day 3 without sports:

18 minutes ago, Destino said:

This debate is laid back and polite.  These two are being polite even while challenging each others directly.  I recognize this as a good thing.  This is how leaders should behave.

But there’s a little voice in the back of my head saying “come on, call him an asshole or something, let’s see some fire works!”

I’m not convinced Warren is the likely VP.  Warren is worthy, and certainly qualified, but there’s more to this choice than that.  He needs someone that brings to his campaign things that it lacks.  I’m not sure Warren is the best option for that.  

I hope Dem leadership picks up on Biden's message about the economic fallout to the average people from this pandemic.  I'm not someone that would be effected by a bailout program, but the message really resonated with me.  I can't imagine how much it would resonate with those in dire financial situations.

6 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Biden Warren and this is a lock.

I'm debating if I want her to endorse him now to make the next primaries moot, or let Tuesday slaughterhouse happen so Bernie can bow out with dignity.  

I wish she would endorse him now, end these primaries and run the targeted ads NOW while everyone is home watching TV.  Trump won't have the economy to lean on, Warren is VP with Biden then that's good a chance as any to take the senate back.

2 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Day 3 without sports:

🤣 Thanks for the laugh!

You're definitely not wrong.  My weekly basketball games have been canceled too.  There might be a pressure build up happening here that merits some attention.  

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

I’m not convinced Warren is the likely VP.  Warren is worthy, and certainly qualified, but there’s more to this choice than that.  He needs someone that brings to his campaign things that it lacks.  I’m not sure Warren is the best option for that.  

That's fair, but he's already committed to a demographic for his VP.  If he's going to pick a women, shouldn't it be the best female candidate?  

He could absolutely f this up picking a Sarah Palin, he's 77, he needs someone to take over day 1 if something happens to him? The only demographic Biden needs to worry about losing is young people, who is a better candidate that's qualified and even close to progressive?

4 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Veepstakes odds, in order:

Harris

KlobuchaR

Warren

Abrams

Duckworth

Catherine Cortez Masto

Tammy Baldwin

RE Warren

1) I can't see them putting another 70+ year old on the ticket. 

2) Massachusetts has a GOP governor. Dems have a real shot to flip the senate. They're not gonna give her seat away

For the rest, personally I prefer Duckworth. I think she checks every box there is. That said, I would have absolutely zero problem with any of the others

4 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Care to expalin?

I would rather she stayed in her Senate seat unless there's an easy win replacement.  Plus she seemed a bit fragile at times on the debate stage.  She makes a good campaign buddy or surrogate though.

CNN is commenting that this debate was a lot more heated than they expected.  Did I watch a different debate?  The one I watched was a fairly polite political discussion that could have taken place in a coffee house.  The two disagree and have disagreed in the past, there’s nothing fiery about talking about those disagreements imo.  

Just now, Renegade7 said:

That's fair, but he's already committed to a demographic for his VP.  If he's going to pick a women, shouldn't it be the best female candidate?  

He could absolutely f this up picking a Sarah Palin, he's 77, he needs someone to take over day 1 if something happens to him? The only demographic Biden needs to worry about losing is young people, who is a better candidate that's qualified and even close to progressive?

2 routes. Go for a progessive to appeal to Bernie supporters.  Or pick a moderate and try to solidify Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, etc. 

Maybe wait a bit and see how the polling shakes out to decide. Or maybe just pick someone that you have the best working relationship with?  

10 minutes ago, Destino said:

... his campaign needs excitement to get dems to the polls. She brings excitement.

1 minute ago, visionary said:

If Warren endorses Biden publicly, before Bernie drops out, it may tarnish her future with the left and make it harder to bring them on board in the general....

I can see that.

It hurts me to ask this, but how much does the progressive vote matter if they wont vote?

I'm not sure I trust Amy against Pence, Pence found a way to make Kaine look like a twitter bot.  Warren would filet him like she did Bloomberg.

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

White.     /sarcasm

She isn’t great at debating.  She is another moderate.  Had one good showing but meh otherwise.  She doesn’t bring anything to the ticket.

Her nearly breaking into tears against Pete was hard to watch.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

I can see that.

It hurts me to ask this, but how much does the progressive vote matter if they wont vote?

I'm not sure I trust Amy against Pence, Pence found a way to make Kaine look like a twitter bot.  Warren would filet him like she did Bloomberg.

Damn, I still cringe about Kaine's performance in that debate.  It would be so satisfying to have Warren go off on the litany of incompetence by the Trump admin against Pence.

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

2 routes. Go for a progessive to appeal to Bernie supporters.  Or pick a moderate and try to solidify Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, etc. 

I think you already have those states with Biden was the head of the ticket, right?

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Maybe wait a bit and see how the polling shakes out to decide. Or maybe just pick someone that you have the best working relationship with?  

Mitch McConnell?

Archived