Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

3 hours ago, nonniey said:

Heck there is at least one strong Democrat that posts here that has already stated the Dem nominee would lose his vote if they  said they were going to pack the courts (a proposal that some of the candidates have entertained). So don't fool yourself the Dems can lose this. 

WTF pack the courts?!  What do you think Republicans were doing during Obama's administrations but refuse votes on his nominees and his Supreme Court nominee, then they are on a tear to pack all federal courts from district through the Supremes during Trump's administration?!

You are hopelessly naive about national politics and a Republican apologist if you think that Democrats will pack the courts and Republicans aren't doing this right now!

Branding Clinton as “the most polarizing candidate you could find” as a point of comparison to Trump or Sanders is profoundly amusing.  And probably an unwitting admission that, until recently, you’ve spent your entire adult life drinking Vince Foster’s Death Panel Benghazi kool-aid on a daily basis.

21 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

WTF pack the courts?!  What do you think Republicans were doing during Obama's administrations but refuse votes on his nominees and his Supreme Court nominee, then they are on a tear to pack all federal courts from district through the Supremes during Trump's administration?!

You are hopelessly naive about national politics and a Republican apologist if you think that Democrats will pack the courts and Republicans aren't doing this right now!

Is that a vote for expanding the Supreme Court then?  You still didn't get what I was saying though I said the Dems can lose the 2020 election if they nominate someone that espouses positions that are unacceptable to even some Democrats. I can think of two proposals (so far) including this one that have been entertained by some of the nominees that fit this (the other would be reparations).

56 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

What the hell does "pack the courts" even mean specifically in reference to the Supreme Court? Pack the courts with.....the nominees they are supposed to nominate?

Well, to be clear I was referring to expanding the Supreme Court.

No, I am not advocating expanding the Supremes. But with Trump and Republicans packing the courts, we will have conservative decisions and opinions for years to come.

And isn't the fact of the 2018 election winners an indication that the electorate is definitely moving on from the extreme right that the Republicans espouse? Republicans only win elections by subterfuge and deceit.

33 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

WTF pack the courts?! 

If any sane American isn't afraid of how the court is being currently packed by outrageous ideologues then they haven't been paying attention. I mean seriously. Every sane American should be terrified of more Trump picks. Conservatives too.

4 minutes ago, Burgold said:

If any sane American isn't afraid of how the court is being currently packed by outrageous ideologues then they haven't been paying attention. I mean seriously. Every sane American should be terrified of more Trump picks. Conservatives too.

To clear things up the issue is can the Dems lose the election - Yes they can if they nominate someone that supports issues to far out there - like expanding the Supreme Court.

4 minutes ago, nonniey said:

To clear things up the issue is can the Dems lose the election - Yes they can if they nominate someone that supports issues to far out there - like expanding the Supreme Court.

Of course, the Dems can lose the election. 2016 proved that. The Republicans are trying their hardest to rig the system through semi legal means like gerrymandering and voter suppression and more nefarious actions like disbanding election watchdogs and weakening our Intelligence community. I also wouldn't put it past them to outright manipulate the vote by manipulating/hacking voting machines.

Could a Democrat stand for something silly or outrageous. It's possible. Thing is, I would vote for a fire hydrant over Trump. I would vote for someone in a terminal coma over Trump. Hell, I might even vote for Putin over Trump just to get rid of the middle man. Mind you, Putin's a Republican so that's a moot point.

3 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Of course, the Dems can lose the election. 2016 proved that. Thing is, I would vote for a fire hydrant over Trump. I would vote for someone in a terminal coma over Trump. Hell, I might even vote for Putin over Trump just to get rid of the middle man. Mind you, Putin's a Republican so that's a moot point.

But the choice isn't that you have to vote for Trump or the Dem it never was. And if the Dems nominate someone completely unpalatable to some Dems don't be surprised if some Dems won't vote for him/her and sit out or go 3rd party.

1 minute ago, nonniey said:

But the choice isn't that you have to vote for Trump or the Dem it never was. And if the Dems nominate someone completely unpalatable to some Dems don't be surprised if some Dems won't vote for him/her and sit out or go 3rd party.

It could happen. It would not be a sane choice. Trump is so bad and dangerous, especially with McConnell as henchmen that no sane person should vote for anyone but the Democrat... no matter who they choose (of the 18 currently running)

15 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Yes whoever wins the nomination from the Dems you should vote for. Its not hard. You arnt smart for trying to make it so. 

Come on - this sub discussion is that the Dems could wreck their chances by nominating someone even some Dems would not vote for. Not hard to think about as the Republicans did just that in their own party in 2016. That nominee had to make up those numbers with other voters (and did). I'd think if the Dems nominate someone that drives some Democrats away there wouldn't be anyone available to make up those numbers given what it would take to do that (ie Drive Dems away).

There is regular Dem poster here that already stated proposing expanding the Supreme Court would be one way to lose his vote (and some candidates have entertained that as an option). 

48 minutes ago, visionary said:

Mike Pence represents the worst element of American society. It is seriously aggravating to read the hot takes from political journalists on how Buttigieg is being mean to Pence. 

I am thankful everyday that the social progressive wing never buckled under pressure to the cowardice of the “center” and the bigotry of the right. 

**** Mike Pence and **** anyone who will support this medieval administration either with their vote or with the silence of their non-vote.  

6 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

This should end that notion of Biden in 2020. Alone it's bad...but on top of other things to make us pause, I'd very much dislike him running for the nomination.

He's infinitely a better person and candidate than Trump but the guy has some serious skeletons that the Ds don't need.

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

This should end that notion of Biden in 2020. Alone it's bad...but on top of other things to make us pause, I'd very much dislike him running for the nomination.

He's infinitely a better person and candidate than Trump but the guy has some serious skeletons that the Ds don't need.

Dont kid yourself. 

5 hours ago, nonniey said:

Come on - this sub discussion is that the Dems could wreck their chances by nominating someone even some Dems would not vote for.  

7 hours ago, nonniey said:

Clearly two different points here right? Or am I trippin? 

The reason why I say that a more left candidate or a candidate proposing left policies won't win in 2020; the country isn't there yet.

The majority of the voters will not vote that way in 2020.  When Millenials and Gen Zers and whatever comes after Gen Zers are the majority of the voting population; then you will see the Bernies and AOCs winning everywhere. There policies made into law.

Every says 2018 elections proved the country has now moved to the Sanders side.  Did you see, which type of candidate won in GOP districts?  They weren't AOC types.  

I believe someone to far to left to espousing to far to the left positions; can't win in 2020.  They will get scared off.   Doesn't mean they will vote Trump, but they definitely won't be giving Bernie their vote.

I could be wrong but going on past results, I don't think I will be. I think we are a decade away before the pure progressive agenda will be mainstream and a winning agenda. Yes, part of that is because the older voters will be dead.  Older voters are conditioned one way and they will fall for the scare tactics.   Medicare for All, Sound great.  Wait, I have to pay how much for it?  What, I have to give up my private insurance?  Reparations?  Where is money coming from?  Who is going to get and how will they get? You can go down the list.  The country isn't there yet for the change the left seeks to make.   It's even worse, when you are facing that idiot Trump.  

I think for every young voters that actually votes, they will turn off an older voter.   It would be great to have a real discussion on the left and the right solutions to all the problems. Problem is, there is noone on the right to do that.  We got Trump, who will stoke every fear that he can.  Trump vs. Bernie.  I think, he picks Bernie apart.  Make people believe Bernie is Satan himself and all the horrors he will bring with his Socialsm.  Kamala Harris, you know she wants to take your private insurance; so she can have KamalaCare for all. I don't think many ot the current field can make their case to a winning majority.  This country elected Trump and it just seems like, they will stick with the devil they know.

======================================================================================================================================================

A few of other things. We are almost 2 1/4 quarters into the Trump presidency; how on earth can anyone still be undecided about him?   You know what you are getting with him and you know what you will get, if he gets another term.  You either have no problem with him or you can't stand him.  It seems pretty clear.

The only thing one maybe undecided on, is if they don't like Trump; what do they do in 2020.  Do they vote for the Dem candidate?  Vote 3rd party?  Don't vote at all?

Another thing, how on earth did those Bernie-Trump voters decide to vote for Trump?  They were that mad at 2016 that they thought voting for Trump was the thing to do? While you couldn't tell Trump would be this bad, back in 2016; you knew enough to know, he wouldn't be a good president.  I think those Bernie voters shouldn't be allowed to vote again.

Finally, there is clearing an opening in the more centrist lane of the Democratic race.   Biden is going down in flames

11 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Branding Clinton as “the most polarizing candidate you could find” as a point of comparison to Trump or Sanders is profoundly amusing.  And probably an unwitting admission that, until recently, you’ve spent your entire adult life drinking Vince Foster’s Death Panel Benghazi kool-aid on a daily basis.

The results speak for themselves. 

I hope you’re right. I hope I’m the one with the problem and you guys got it all figured it out and trump will be ousted.

guess we’ll see. 

23 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

This is called privilege. It matters to the people who would lose their healthcare, government workers that struggled without paycheck, families being torn apart at the border, etc. It might not make a difference in your life but plenty of folks are affected by the actions of President.

How many people in the mass vote did not vote?

There are many poor underprivileged people that don't care who the president is. There needs to be significant changes in the political sphere in order for there to be a large shift in voting impact. There is a reason a lot of people don't vote. Because they don't see any change in their daily life. I'm speaking from a real standpoint right now.

36 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

How many people in the mass vote did not vote?

There are many poor underprivileged people that don't care who the president is. There needs to be significant changes in the political sphere in order for there to be a large shift in voting impact. There is a reason a lot of people don't vote. Because they don't see any change in their daily life. I'm speaking from a real standpoint right now.

I hear this, but it's a bit of a chicken and the egg. If they don't wield their power by voting then the powers that be have less incentive to act on their behalf. For them to see changes, they have to be actors in their life. The simplest way to act is to vote.  We have already seen elections decided by a coin flip because the balloting was that close. So, their votes do matter. On the other hand, I think you're right and a lot of people do feel disenfranchised and apathetic. It's a system that's broken, but again... and speaking very idealistically... the only way to unbreak it is to act.

The midterms refute the notion that the nation isn't progressive enough yet. Most of the elections since 2016 prove that the nation doesn't want the far right fascist policies of Republicans.

Only a small portion of the nation wants fascism that the Republicans are pushing through voter registration and supression tactics. 

Archived