Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

4 hours ago, visionary said:

I think the only chance for Warren as pres in 2020 is if something happens to Bernie, (though she is still an option for VP or a lock for cabinet, or advisor)

Trump will crush her. Bernie will scare away enough people, that Trump could win in a landslide.

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

This beer thing started with Bush 43, since he was viewed as an intellectual lightweight.

That was the first Presidential election I was old enough to vote for and I remember the messaging: "Al Gore is stiff, LULZ!  Bush may not know anything, but maaaan, I bet he would be cool to sit down and have a beer with"

SOLD!

10 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Was listening to GOPer Rick Wilson yesterday. He said Trump absolutely can't win in 2020 but the Democrats can absolutely lose this election.

Pretty sure that is the majority opinion as of right now.  We are all waiting to see if the Dems can avoid screwing things up. The "clown car" approach to the primary season has not got things off to a good start.

7 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Was listening to GOPer Rick Wilson yesterday. He said Trump absolutely can't win in 2020 but the Democrats can absolutely lose this election.

Eff Rick Wilson.

I am sick and tired of people who supposedly are on the left and Democrats listening to GOP operatives like Rick Wilson, David Brooks, Bill Kristol, Peggy Noonan, etc. 

Donald Trump has a 90% rating with Republicans. He is not losing the Republican vote. That's gone. It's never happening. People like Wilson, David Frum, etc. are in their world. If the Democratic party wants to win in 2020, they should not listen to those losers who don't want to support Trump. I am tired of people supposedly on the Left taking stock in the opinions of people who created the current mess we have. These people are not even the centrist voter and they have no interest in supporting Democratic policies. Eff them.

54 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Donald Trump has a 90% rating with Republicans.

Yes, but right now, "Republicans" is about 25% of the people.  

Nobody but MAGAts will admit to being Republican, now days.  

4 hours ago, LD0506 said:

The problem with Warren et. al. is that the majority of Americans are ****ing stupid, and the only thing they hate worse than running out of beer is anyone or anything that reminds them of that.

Right.  A President Warren would probably let the kind of people who drink beer drink a lot more beer, even if they don't want to drink that beer with her.  

Plus, who the **** wants to drink a beer with Bernie Sanders?  He already sounds like the cranky guy at the bar that makes everyone uncomfortable.   Everyone wants that guy to drink less beer, not more.  Also, people might want to have a beer with Trump, but he won't drink a beer with you, ya poor slob.  He will, however, call you a loser, call your wife fat, and try to **** your daughter.  

7 minutes ago, Larry said:

Yes, but right now, "Republicans" is about 25% of the people.  

Nobody but MAGAts will admit to being Republican, now days.  

Yes that is the bigger question.  If the GOP keeps shedding folks, then all that gets left in the GOP are people that agree with the most hard-line stances on everything, so of course they are going to poll well for everything Trump.

Trump is essentially doing to the GOP what it took 30 years of right wing media to do to the Democratic Party (making "liberal" a dirty word). 

The ones who are left in the GOP will enthusiastically support Trump 'til the end, but what good is that if the overall number supporters continues to go down?

Need to start saying this from JFK.

I like the idea of multiple Democrat candidates. Each one has a certain policy they advocate for. The platform should reflect these policies, and local candidates can hone in on the ones that apply to their area. 

Oops, forgot the meme.

FB_IMG_1554430767894.jpg

28 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

The first one is (see link below), but the bigger question is, of the 40% that claim to be independents, how many are really Republicans (or Democrats) for all intents and purposes?

https://news.gallup.com/poll/15370/party-affiliation.aspx

image.png.0cc888330c30451276b5c3efa3b1cd67.png

Hmmm wild swings between months for something that should be fairly stable, but still in the 25% ballpark so I'll concede on the first statement. The 2d statement however definitely is inaccurate as I can can personally disprove that.

12 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Hmmm wild swings between months for something that should be fairly stable, but still in the 25% ballpark so I'll concede on the first statement. The 2d statement however definitely is inaccurate as I can can personally disprove that.

The second statement is also true, as proven by the statement I quoted.  

90% of people who admit to being Republican approve of Donald Trump's job.  

Show me somebody who says he's a Republican, and the odds are 90% that he's a Trump supporter.  

(Cue "well, 90% is not every single person".)  

51 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

The first one is (see link below), but the bigger question is, of the 40% that claim to be independents, how many are really Republicans (or Democrats) for all intents and purposes?

Dont underestimate a dem candidates ability to lay out a very progressive platform and chase many people that don’t like trump right back to voting for him. 

8 minutes ago, Larry said:

The second statement is also true, as proven by the statement I quoted.  

90% of people who admit to being Republican approve of Donald Trump's job.  

Show me somebody who says he's a Republican, and the odds are 90% that he's a Trump supporter.  

(Cue "well, 90% is not every single person".)  

Agree 90% is not every single person. (Neither is 99.99%)

Post America conversation a few years from now:

Old Man 1: How did this happen?

Old Man 2: I don't know.  I voted against Trump.

Old Man 1: Well, I was gonna vote against him, but AOC did some stuff and Bernie said some things.  

Old Man 2: Oh...well at least you didn't vote for Trump...

Old Man 1: Righhhht.  Uh....you know, this Trump Org gruel is pretty tasty, you can almost not taste the rot today. 

8 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

It’s 2019 and you still think those people won’t come home to vote GOP? That’s what they do. 

That used to be me. 

It definitely shouldnt be forgotten that some will come back.

its not as many as it used to be. I don’t know how many it is anymore. 

17 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

It’s 2019 and you still think those people won’t come home to vote GOP? That’s what they do. 

Uh, my post said nothing if the sort.  In fact, my post had nothing to do with voting.  

8 minutes ago, tshile said:

That used to be me. 

It definitely shouldnt be forgotten that some will come back.

its not as many as it used to be. I don’t know how many it is anymore. 

I'm not assuming that it's not as many as it used to be.  

I think if there's one thing we learned in 2016, it's that there's people who will vote for Trump, who won't admit it to a pollster.  

Archived