Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

11 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Goes both ways, Bernie Sanders didn't suffer false accusations or hit pieces from pro-Clinton or more established media? Russian troll farms aren't the most active/powerful media in this country you know.

If you can find stories proclaiming him a sexual abuser before he even entered the race, post em.

I'm still amazed I read on this board how the Bernie Sanders supporters are responisble for Trump on a regular basis. (last I checked we're down to Bernie Sanders supporters that didn't vote Clinton are responsible, pretty much me, 1 person in this entire country)

Notice i.dont repeatedly blame the Democratics for Trump despite:

35% of democrats didn't vote. More then Republicans or Bernie Bros.

More Democrats voted for Trump then Republicans voted Clinton or Bernie Bros voted Trump. (#s and %s)

Y'all need a new boogeyman.

All this has absolutely nothing to do with the smear job that’s being laid on Biden right now.  Nice try, tho!

I figured this was headed Biden's way, regardless of the validity of each individual claim, which I am not attempting to hash out at the moment.  If Biden is perceived as the best pathway to defeat Trump in 2020, I would imagine the right-wing will do it's best to eliminate him before the primaries or throw enough smoke to have him reconsidering even running in the first place.

And this is not to say I am blaming the right-wing solely, just that I am sure that despite them seeming to not care at all about Trump's issues on this subject, they will gladly pile on Joe Biden for the same thing.

5 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

If you can find stories proclaiming him a sexual abuser before he even entered the race, post em.

Guess you didn't heed my notice. ☺

I could find plenty of hit-pieces to link, a couple on some weird thing Bernie wrote about women sexuality decades ago.

Difference is I won't link them to blanket accusations on how the left operates based on flawed narratives.

52 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I don't think anybody has called Biden a sexual abuser but his inappropriate "handsy" nature has been known and discussed for several years. I think we were all waiting for it to become a larger issue once he ran for president. 

29 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Sorry you prudes can’t stand a man touching woman on the shoulder or giving her a fatherly kiss on the head.  These jerks are gonna out-Mike-Pence the competition when it comes to what denotes Biden’s actions as unacceptable.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not. But approaching a woman from behind (or anywhere) and freely kissing them on the head (or anywhere) is not appropriate behavior for anyone. I can't even imagine the scenario where that is acceptable for me to do to the women in my office, even those I'm good friends with. 

Here's the current  candidates:

MD Congressman John Delaney 

Tech Entrepenuer Andrew Yang

MA Senator Elizabeth Warren 

HI Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard

Former San Antonio Mayor/ US HUD Secretary Julian Castro

NY Senator Kirsten Gillibrand

CA Senator Kamala Harris

South Bend, IN Mayor Pete Buttigieg

NJ Senator Cory Booker

MN Senator Amy Klobuchar

VT Senator Bernie Sanders

WA Governor Jay Inslee

Former CO Governor John Hickenlooper

Former TX Congressman Beto O’Rourke

Expected to get in:

Former Veep Joe Biden

Former VA Governor Terry McAuliffe

Could get in:

CA Congressman Eric Swalwell

MT Governor Steve Bullock

GA State Congresswoman Stacey Abrams

MA Congressman Seth Moulton

CO Senator Michael Bennett

Which candidates actually make to be on the first ballots of Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina and Nevada next February?

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

All this has absolutely nothing to do with the smear job that’s being laid on Biden right now.  Nice try, tho!

The Biden stuff has been going around on the right for a few years now.  Also I don't think the second lady who complained is a Bernie supporter...otherwise she wouldn't have told all men to drop put of the race....unless she's very confused.  

1 minute ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Here's the current  candidates:

MD Congressman John Delaney - He has his own money, so if wants to spend it; he can. Otherwise, he won't be getting many votes.

Tech Entrepenuer Andrew Yang - He has money also, so guess he needs something to pass the time.

MA Senator Elizabeth Warren - If she can keep the money flowing, she will be.  If she can't; she will be the big bust of 2020 and be gone by the fall.

HI Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard - Hell no. Should be one of the first causalities after the first debate.

Former San Antonio Mayor/ US HUD Secretary Julian Castro - Probably not, should also be a causality after the first debate. 

NY Senator Kirsten Gillibrand - She might make to the fall, but likely not to make it to next winter.

CA Senator Kamala Harris - She has a good chance to be on the ticket as the nominee or veep.

South Bend, IN Mayor Pete Buttigieg - The dark horse should make to the actually voting.

NJ Senator Cory Booker - Probably, makes it to the fall but needs to catch fire to make it to actual voting.

MN Senator Amy Klobuchar - Probably, makes it to the fall but needs to catch fire to make it to actual voting.

VT Senator Bernie Sanders - Possible nominee but he will be there until the end, regardless.

WA Governor Jay Inslee - He'll make his points about climate change, in a debate or two but be gone by fall.

Former CO Governor John Hickenlooper - Probably, another causality of the first debate.

Former TX Congressman Beto O’Rourke - The current darling, should definitely be on the ballot.

Expected to get in:

Former Veep Joe Biden - If the hands issues doesn't derail him; should be competition next winter.

Former VA Governor Terry McAuliffe - Sleaze and a reminder of the Clinton.  He won't be going far when he gets in.

Could get in:

CA Congressman Eric Swalwell

MT Governor Steve Bullock

GA State Congresswoman Stacey Abrams

MA Congressman Seth Moulton

CO Senator Michael Bennett

Out of these 5 thinking of getting in, I think only Stacey Abrams has potential to make it to February voting.

Right now, I'd say Warren, Harris, Buttigleg, Sanders, O'Rourke, Biden and Abrams(if she gets in) are the ones who make it to the actual voting.

15 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not. But approaching a woman from behind (or anywhere) and freely kissing them on the head (or anywhere) is not appropriate behavior for anyone. I can't even imagine the scenario where that is acceptable for me to do to the women in my office, even those I'm good friends with. 

I wonder when Brady will run for President.

14 minutes ago, visionary said:

The Biden stuff has been going around on the right for a few years now.  Also I don't think the second lady who complained is a Bernie supporter...otherwise she wouldn't have told all men to drop put of the race....unless she's very confused.  

Getting mud slung at you by both the far-right and far-left is usually a pretty good indicator of a reasonable, effective politician.

Especially oh so trendy #metoo mud.

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

How is this supposed to matter  

Its matters because it’s all subjective to the person who’s being touched.  Suppose we should just all live in bubbles and politicians shouldn’t pick up and kiss babies.  No more hand shakes or hugs.

We are going overboard, tripping ourselves up to call something harrsssment and put down someone.

Biden is the only chance we have to unseat Trump.

3 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I can't even imagine the scenario where that is acceptable for me to do to the women in my office, even those I'm good friends with. 

Well if you were better looking it’d be more acceptable. Like this guy Luke I used to teach with. Looked like a friggin movie star. He’d walk into the lounge and go up to some young teacher’s aid and be all like, “what’s up sugar snatch? Why don’t you get outta that blouse and let me motorboat those sweet educational boobies?” And they’d be all like, “Ooooh you... hee hee hee hee!”

And then I’d come to work all like, “good morning Mrs. Mathis. How are you today?” And it’s, “DON’T LOOK AT MY BREASTS!! THEY’RE NOT FOR YOU!!!”

Man gave a life of service, tragically lost a wife and kid, is the epitome of a bipartisan working politician.  And this is the respect he gets in this thread?

You all are getting played.  Keep he holier than thou circle jerk coming.

We deserve more than an old white man?  Stop being bigoted.

6 minutes ago, Larry said:

If that were true, then we're a really pathetic country.  

I’ll vote for whoever, I just don’t see the important 10% in the middle doing the same.  Trump is a force and I think Biden is the only one who won’t play his silly games.  He’s the only one who has the notoriety to campaign without making DJT the center of attention.

Archived