Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

I have a dreadful feelin that trump is gonna win in 2020.  He’s pretty much proved what he said, he can shoot somebody dead in the street and his voters will still vote for him.  Plus the electoral college is in his favor. Just not looking good. 

1 minute ago, HOF44 said:

I have a dreadful feelin that trump is gonna win in 2020.  He’s pretty much proved what he said, he can shoot somebody dead in the street and his voters will still vote for him.  Plus the electoral college is in his favor. Just not looking good. 

1/3 of voters would. Most of the rest hate his guts. 

This will come down to whether any democrat can unite everyone that hates Trump, which is about 60% of voters, plus a significant number of people that normally don’t vote. I think there are 2 that clearly can, and there might be 2 to 5 more depending on the campaigns. 

I know It is still early, but there was a Quinnipiac poll taken recently and it had 53 percent of overall respondents saying that they would definitely not vote for Trump (30 percent would definitely vote for him, while 13 pct would consider voting for him). For women, 60 percent said they would definitely not vote for Trump (27 percent would definitely, while 10 pct would consider).

Also saw an interview that conservative Ben Shapiro did with The Economist, and he thinks Trump presently has a 40 pct chance of winning reelection.

I agree with HOF that Trump should be favored, with the relatively good economy. But he is going to be his own worst enemy when it comes to securing another term. 

Beto is the right candidate at the right moment imo. He can lead another blue wave type turnout across the country as the nominee. 

He’s not perfect. Far from it. But imo, he is and has been the best chance to beat trump. He’s a great candidate

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

It's the Dems. Biden's opponents are already using it against him.

Why do you think biden is the only one that could beat trump? I think he’s one of the weakest candidates in the field, he just has name recognition going for him now 

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

1/3 of voters would. Most of the rest hate his guts. 

This will come down to whether any democrat can unite everyone that hates Trump, which is about 60% of voters, plus a significant number of people that normally don’t vote. I think there are 2 that clearly can, and there might be 2 to 5 more depending on the campaigns. 

Which are the two you have in mind right now? 

18 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Beto is the right candidate at the right moment imo. He can lead another blue wave type turnout across the country as the nominee. 

He’s not perfect. Far from it. But imo, he is and has been the best chance to beat trump. He’s a great candidate

Why do you think biden is the only one that could beat trump? I think he’s one of the weakest candidates in the field, he just has name recognition going for him now 

I think Biden is the only one that can hit Trump back and be effective.  Everyone else, Trump can make them look bad enough; to get his electoral college win.

Not sure where to put this, but this is as good a place as any sense no matter who wins in 2020 they probably won’t ever get a high approval rating...  

Emanuel Macrons approval rating: 27%

Theresa May’s approval rating:   30%

Justin Trudoues approval rating;  40%

Trumps approval rating: 43%

Merkel is a a bright spot at around 60% (after having a very rough fall)

Putins approval rating: 66%

Xis approval rating:  9/10 domestic approval rating by third party (https://thediplomat.com/2014/12/the-worlds-most-popular-leader-chinas-president-xi/)

The west has no leaders.

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

How can Biden hit back in ways Kamala Harris can’t? 

It’s a little harder for trump to play the race/woman card against biden...

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

How can Biden hit back in ways Kamala Harris can’t? 

She's a woman and minority woman at that.  Also, many of her policies stances; Trump, & the GOP will pound her.  I just don't think she will be effective against the inhuman Trump.

If the Dems were facing an actual human being, they would be winning this in landslide other than Bernie.   They are facing Satan and I feel Satan will be to make all them look like fools. 

10 hours ago, HOF44 said:

I really hope you’re right and SOMEBODY beats him.  

And hopefully the greens don't siphon away some votes. Or if Kasich, Flake, or anyone from the GOP who hates Trump enough to let the Dems win, would run.

18 hours ago, Springfield said:

I could see Harris being more popular among POC than Hillary

They will probably be the same considering we know more about how she targeted minority kids with truancy arrests. Threw them in jail, etc.

16 hours ago, clietas said:

Bernie bros and Obama boys, aka pissed off democrat

More people who supported Hillary in 2008 didn’t vote for Obama or vote at all than “Bernie Bros” not turning it out. I remember those “PUMAs.”

Of the candidates I've listened to, Booker is the one who impressed me the most.  He's presidential.  I like Warren and think she's the smartest and would make the best president, but she's not particularly presidential.  Specifically, she comes off as a meek nerd who lacks charisma and charm.  She will turn broad swaths of the electorate off, like Hillary did.  She will trigger the same knee jerk misogyny as Hillary, and that **** runs DEEP in our country and politics.

10 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I like Warren and think she's the smartest and would make the best president, but she's not particularly presidential.  Specifically, she comes off as a meek nerd who lacks charisma and charm.  She will turn broad swaths of the electorate off, like Hillary did.  She will trigger the same knee jerk misogyny as Hillary, and that **** runs DEEP in our country and politics.

She is nothing like Hillary but I think the media sees older white lady and just falls in line.

Also, this “electability” stuff has to die. Trump is president. We need to be more aware of what we are voting for instead of media projections. We keep falling for the same traps as a nation.

Warren is the only candidate talking about the financial institutions being a problem and she is foaming at the mouth doing it. She is the most passionate candidate we have and all I see is people putting her in a box and falling for simple media narratives.

About lacking charisma, smh.

Sadly Warren will be dismissed easily when the topic of her native heritage comes up. She's a heck of a mind and infinitely better suited for the position than Trump but it's an albatross that is widely known. 

As damaged (nationally) goods, I don't think she makes it through the Dem primaries.

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

She is the most passionate candidate we have and all I see is people putting her in a box and falling for simple media narratives.

About lacking charisma, smh.

Charisma is a real thing and it’s something she lacks. Electability is a real thing and it’s something she lacks. It’s not playing into a media narrative. These things do matter to voters. 

Donald Trump was able to rally the base against GOP cnandidates that supported the exact same policies he did because he knew what they wanted to hear and how to connect with them. Can she connect with voters? Can she turn out undecideds, minorities and the youth? I don’t think she can. I like her but she’s boring. She doesn’t have charm. Al Gore was the same. So was Kerry. So was Hilary. All qualified and good candidates but all lost 

What did Clinton and Obama have in common? Energy. Appeal. Charisma. Command of a stage and command of a message. Put Warren on staff, let her bulldog the **** out of corporations. She’s not presidential and won’t beat Trump. 

11 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I think Beto and Harris can definitely unite the party and beat Trump.  I think Biden maybe could, depending on how his issues with being too touchy and some bad votes in his past shake out.  I guess I'd have to include Bernie is in the conversation; I can't stand him, but he has a lot of supporters and I think a lot of people like me would vote for him over Trump if it came to that.  

Archived