Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

29 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Sadly Warren will be dismissed easily when the topic of her native heritage comes up. She's a heck of a mind and infinitely better suited for the position than Trump but it's an albatross that is widely known. 

As damaged (nationally) goods, I don't think she makes it through the Day and primaries.

The native American fiasco, no matter how minor, has hurt her credibility. She's easy prey for Donnie.

Also, apparently she comes off as not likable; among portions of the electorate.

If she's already having trouble raising money, that doesn't bode well for her making it next winter; when voting starts.

15 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I guess I'd have to include Bernie is in the conversation; I can't stand him, but he has a lot of supporters and I think a lot of people like me would vote for him over Trump if it came to that.  

Absolutely because rather than watching the world... ahem burn, you'd rather vote for the candidate against Trump. That's what separates you from the Bernie Bros. You recognize that a candidate 95% closer to your beliefs is better than the one who's 95% against your beliefs 

Just now, The Evil Genius said:

Absolutely because rather than watching the world... ahem burn, you'd rather vote for the candidate against Trump. That's what separates you from the Bernie Bros. 

Yea.  I sort of struggled with this.  I mean, i cannot stand Bernie Sanders and most of his supporters.  I think he'd be a terrible President in all respects.  But, I don't think he'd put kids in cages and pick fights with NATO and actively try to monetize the Presidency, so I'd vote for him over Trump.  

53 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I believe Biden when he says he doesn't believe he acted inappropriately.  That doesn't make it not inappropriate.   

Also, doesn’t make it explicitly inappropriate.

The wonderful thing about the democrat party is that they are experts at dismantling themselves internally.  They don’t really need republicans or Russians to spread lies about them.  They’re perfectly capable of fracturing their base all by themselves by trying to out do themselves with ever increasing benevolence.

10 minutes ago, Springfield said:

No, it (Biden's opinion) is entirely irrelevant.  What matters is how the women he touched felt at the time and how they feel about it now.  Those women will have the chance to be heard.  That has the potential to be really bad for Ol' Joe.  https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/3/29/18241598/joe-biden-lucy-flores-touching-women-media-history-explained, but we'll see how it shakes out. 

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

No, it (Biden's opinion) is entirely irrelevant.  What matters is how the women he touched felt at the time and how they feel about it now.  Those women will have the chance to be heard.  That has the potential to be really bad for Ol' Joe.  https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/3/29/18241598/joe-biden-lucy-flores-touching-women-media-history-explained, but we'll see how it shakes out. 

We will see.

I don’t see this as any worse than DJT on tape telling an interviewer how he grabs women by the **** because they love when you do that.

Of course the democrat party does have much higher standards than the republicans.

19 minutes ago, Springfield said:

The wonderful thing about the democrat party is that they are experts at dismantling themselves internally.  They don’t really need republicans or Russians to spread lies about them.  They’re perfectly capable of fracturing their base all by themselves by trying to out do themselves with ever increasing benevolence.

I am not a member of any organized political party. I, sir, am a Democrat. 

- Will Rogers. 

10 minutes ago, Springfield said:

We will see.

I don’t see this as any worse than DJT on tape telling an interviewer how he grabs women by the **** because they love when you do that.

Of course the democrat party does have much higher standards than the republicans.

We will see is all I'm saying.  I like Joe Biden, I think he'd be a good President.  If this stuff shakes out as not a big deal, then I'll have no problem voting for him.  

Obviously Biden being a bit "too friendly" is not the same ballpark of Trump being credibly accused of harassment, groping, and rape.  But yes, as you said, Dems have standards. 

I’m a little uneasy of so much of this conversation revolving around the opinion of someone with a lot of ties to Bernie, and it seems there is already something of a pattern of Bernie surrogates trying to taken down the other candidates and it seems clear there is a lot of purism going on by leftists going after the other candidates (possibly minus Warren) online.  

That said the Biden stuff is pretty much open to the interpretation of those involved in the incidents.  I don’t really like him going around hugging and kissing people, and maybe he will learn something from this, or maybe not.  I’ve never really been a big fan of Biden except during the convention in 2016 and I’m not a person who engages in physical contact let alone intimacy with people I’m not very close to anyway so I’m not sure how I feel about all this.  It’s unclear if he truly realizes that some people (not necessarily those involved) think it’s weird or inappropriate, but on the other hand at his age it is probably hard for someone to change a behavior like that if he isn’t doing it in a calculating intentional way.

Seeing the percentage of people who will vote or would consider voting for Trump shows that it doesn't matter who wins the election.  We are royally ****ed as a nation.

Seeing the rise of right-wing nationalism across the globe shows that we are royally ****ed as a species. 

CNN host asks Flores "People are going to say that this is politically motivated because you are a fan of Bernie and Beto, what would you say to that?"

"I would say politics was definitely the impetus".

Doesn't seem that this was some earth-shattering experience that has affected her ability to move forward in life although it was clearly out of line, I'm not sure why anyone would think they could smell a strangers hair and then kiss their head, kinda creepy.

3 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I'm not sure why anyone would think they could smell a strangers hair and then kiss their head, kinda creepy.

I used to do that........in the 1st grade

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Which is why they'll (sadly) lose in 2020. 

49 minutes ago, youngestson said:

Which is why they'll (sadly) lose in 2020. 

Thats my fear, but I’m hoping that people can actually circle the wagons this time instead of withholding a vote.  As someone who pissed their vote away in 16, I’m going to vote for whatever democrat runs against Trump and I’ll be happy about it.

My current preference is Biden, but I’ll take Warren if it turns out to be her.

Archived