Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

9 minutes ago, purbeast said:

This isn't suspect.

Eh, if it's actually a fiber cut affecting that much area, then it's a big backhaul fiber which isn't something you can just walk up to with some nail cutters and clip. It's underground and inside secured buildings. 

Though as a network architect I would really question why they have so many apparently single-homed fiber paths on their network. I'd also question why the voting registration buildings don't have backup connectivity. 

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

They aren't even trying to hide their blatant cheating at this point

They've been doing it for decades, and it hasn't cost them a single vote.  

And they're confident that the newly adjusted judicial system won't punish them for it, either.  

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Though as a network architect I would really question why they have so many apparently single-homed fiber paths on their network. I'd also question why the voting registration buildings don't have backup connectivity. 

Lowest bidder?  

6 minutes ago, Larry said:

Lowest bidder?  

Unfortunately this is probably pretty close to the truth. Especially when it comes to the registration buildings. Government isn't generally well known for paying a lot for network and systems infrastructure (or the talent to build it), especially at the state level. That and they tend to be about 20 years behind the current technologies. 

48 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

Biden is a centrist in most ways and a pragmatist. The Dems did not choose Bernie or Warren who are more on the left of the spectrum

Part of the problem is that this truth is not recognized by quite a few people. 

When there’s no common appeal to authority on facts, then facts don’t really exist do they? Or maybe I should say they don’t have any value? We can agree all day long that Biden is a moderate and know we’re right but as a tool that has no value because the people that need to understand it won’t respect it as a truth. Because they’ve been programmed to believe they can just make up their own truth, and believe that. 

in fact, they been programmed to believe that we’re the ones making up our own truth. 

10 minutes ago, tshile said:

Part of the problem is that this truth is not recognized by quite a few people. 

When there’s no common appeal to authority on facts, then facts don’t really exist do they? Or maybe I should say they don’t have any value? We can agree all day long that Biden is a moderate and know we’re right but as a tool that has no value because the people that need to understand it won’t respect it as a truth. Because they’ve been programmed to believe they can just make up their own truth, and believe that. 

in fact, they been programmed to believe that we’re the ones making up our own truth. 

“War is Peace; Freedom is Slavery; Ignorance is Strength”

1 hour ago, Corcaigh said:

Biden is a centrist in most ways and a pragmatist. The Dems did not choose Bernie or Warren who are more on the left of the spectrum.

30 years ago this Biden/Harris ticket could have been a legitimate Republican ticket with maybe only abortion the primary difference. That's why I can't help but laugh (angrily) when i hear morons talk about how far left Biden and Harris are. What a joke. 

8 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

30 years ago this Biden/Harris ticket could have been a legitimate Republican ticket with maybe only abortion the primary difference. That's why I can't help but laugh (angrily) when i hear morons talk about how far left Biden and Harris are. What a joke. 

You mean other than their support for gay marriage, lgbt+ rights, green deal policies, etc. 

:)

30 (1990) years ago the GOP and the Dem party were still very conservative when it came to social justice and environmental issues. 

Thankfully the Democrats have separated their stance on those issues from the GOP since then. 

6 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

You mean other than their support for gay marriage, lgbt+ rights, green deal policies, etc. 

30 (1990) years ago the GOP and the Dem party were still very conservative when it came to social justice and environmental issues. 

It was of course meant to be a bit of an exaggeration. But my point was that this dem ticket is pretty conservative even from dems back then. Maybe the social issues not so much but others including immigration, gun control (reagan talked about needing gun reform) etc. And the environment was a major point from both sides and agreed it was an issue. Maybe just not to the green level. How do you think we got the much cleaner air we have now - Super Fund, CO2 emissions trading, etc were bi-partisan efforts. Also look back at the Chesapeake Bay clean up. 

35 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Thankfully the Democrats have separated their stance on those issues from the GOP since then. 

True, if you think that opposing equal treatment for gays and LGBT is important, then the GOP is your clear choice.  

40 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

I've seen a lot of anecdotal stories of people seeing Biden signs in deep red areas where nary a Hillary sign was in 2016. 

The Biden campaign has been so well run compared to 2016. Night and day. 

At first it looked like they were making the same kind of mistakes - but I agree with you. The last 6 to 8 weeks his campaign strategy has been light years ahead of hillarys campaign. I love his ad about child care , education and others stuff. Nothing negative. Just here is what I think we should do and I believe we can. Excellent ad! 

Just hope they keep the pressure up. ANd that whatever dirty trick trump and barr have set up fails. 

5 minutes ago, Larry said:

So, Bill Barr's small government DOJ is now weighing on on civil matters of private contracts?  

Let's face it, the Federal DOJ is really just trumps private lawyer. That is at least how they are operating. 

Archived