Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

While I voted by mail this time, the last few elections I voted early.  The first day of early voting, there's usually a line. I've voted on other days of early voting and went in and out pretty quickly.

Why have early voting?  Why not.  Gives people more chances to vote. Not everyone can spend the time to vote on Election Day.  You spread out the voting time with early voting and you are likely to get more people to vote.

44 minutes ago, tshile said:

It’s where I am. 

Give me a valid reason there’s a bad aspect to it, I’ll consider it. I haven’t heard one yet. 

There isn't a bad reason other than the GOP doesn't want more people to vote.

My county in Florida usually has early voting from 2 Saturdays before the election to the Saturday before the election.  8 Days only but still plenty of time for people to avoid Election Day crush.

1 hour ago, visionary said:

He campaigned for Hillary too though and even Michelle was at the big Election eve rally in Philly.   Still it's good to see.

He sent me an email today. He used my name five times and closed with

Thank you -- for everything that you do.’

About time I got some recognition.

25 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

It also means less people day of which is (in theory) good for Covid-19 prevention. 

No one should be voting in person because of Covid.  This is madness and we’re playing along like it makes sense.  We were told the post office couldn’t handle the load if we all voted by mail and that it would be fraudulent.  There no evidence of the latter and the post office handles 10x the number likely votes in Christmas cards every year with little issue.  Seriously.  There were 130ish million votes in 2016.  There were 1.3 billion Christmas cards mailed in 2018.  

The only reason the election is playing out this way is because republicans got spooked at the idea of a massive increase in voter participation if the process was made easier and clear of their usual obstacles.  Things like one drop box per county, are their frantic attempt to erect new ones.

10 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

I have been voting since '84, and have never voted on election day.  Ever. 

And if you don't understand and take advantage of (AND FIGHT FOR) what few precious voting advantages you have, you could lose them. 

Wow, so we’re the same age. That was my first election too.

5 hours ago, Destino said:

No one should be voting in person because of Covid.  This is madness and we’re playing along like it makes sense.  We were told the post office couldn’t handle the load if we all voted by mail and that it would be fraudulent.  There no evidence of the latter and the post office handles 10x the number likely votes in Christmas cards every year with little issue.  Seriously.  There were 130ish million votes in 2016.  There were 1.3 billion Christmas cards mailed in 2018.  

The only reason the election is playing out this way is because republicans got spooked at the idea of a massive increase in voter participation if the process was made easier and clear of their usual obstacles.  Things like one drop box per county, are their frantic attempt to erect new ones.

We know it’s madness. However, what’s brought us to this is the Grand Oligarch’s Party’s plans to invalidate the election. The goal is to have a win on election night so that all the lawyers they’ve hired to stop the counting of mail-in ballots after Nov 3rd can instead enjoy some time at home with their families.🙂

7 hours ago, visionary said:

He campaigned for Hillary too though and even Michelle was at the big Election eve rally in Philly.   Still it's good to see.

They waited till it was too late to get Barack and Michelle really involved. It was mostly a last ditch effort to reach some swing states, specifically PA and FL - I mean like literally the last few days before the election.  It was too little too late. This campaign being run much better so far. 

And as someone else stated, if it pisses a trump supporters off, that's a bonus. 

Archived