Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which players are you most excited to see at Training Camp?

returnofthefunbunch

With Training Camp just around the corner, I was wondering who everyone is most excited to see.  I personally can't wait to see Pryor and Allen, since I am hoping for them to really help us this year.  However, being Training Camp, there is always someone who excites everyone.  I can't wait to watch Nico Marley.  The kid is 5'8". He's like a stocky Brandon Banks... I enjoy watching these young guys who have little to no chance of making the team, yet come out and bust their butts every day.

Pryor is definitely exciting. 

Anderson, although I think he'll find himself lost year one.

Allen of course.

Im really interested in seeing how our ILB situation plays out.

The secondary should also be interesting to watch.

This is a fun time of year, when we get to argue over which late round rookie will make a huge difference or how an udfa will unseat a moderately priced FA we had signed. Full of optimism and certainty, until week one when we're reminded that our starters arent starters and the coaches were wildly unprepared and everything crashes back to reality as we fight to stay at five hundred.

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Ryan Grant and Junior Galette.  Gruden won't stop raving about Grant, I want to see how he does against our top corners, and I want to see if Galette can still get around people.

Im curious about them too.

Galette

Murphy

Smith

Kerrigan 

Anderson 

Thats an absurd amount of resources at OLB.

I want Grant to blow the **** up and set the world on fire.

Galette-will be fun to watch him at his first training camp in two years 

Pryor-will be interested to see how well he does as replacement for garçon and Jackson 

doctson-can he stay healthy? 

Allen

anderson

cravens in his first training camp as safety 

Kelley 

perrine 

Ryan Grant for me too, obviously.  The coaches can't be wrong about him!!!

Redskins WRs coach Ike Hilliard continued to talk up fourth-year WR Ryan Grant at the start of training camp.

The Redskins had a rift over Grant when Scot McCloughan was still GM; McCloughan preferred speedier, more athletic Rashad Ross, while Grant was a coaches' pet and remains so. "I'm easily Ryan Grant's biggest fan," said Hilliard. "He's always been our best pure route runner out of everyone, even with Pierre (Garcon) and DJax (DeSean Jackson) here." Grant worked ahead of first-round pick Josh Doctson throughout Redskins OTAs and minicamp.

:rolleyes:

But seriously, I'm very excited to see how the following players perform, and we need big years from all of them: Jonathan Allen, Pryor, Cravens, Preston Smith, Breeland, Swearinger, and Perine.

1st- Fuller/Breeland. I'm curious to see who the coaches decide to put on the outside. Breeland's studly pff stats in the slot are difficult to overlook, night and day compared to the outside. I'm also expecting to see Fuller take the big step forward and play like the 1st round talent that he was touted to be.

2nd- Pumped to see the new and apparently improved, Fit Kelly as well as Perine. 

3rd- Pumped to see Zach Brown calling plays and Compton cheerleading from the sidelines. Along those lines, I don't want to see coach's pets taking jobs from obviously more talented players.

4th- Will anyone stand out at the OLB spot across from Kerrigan?

5th- A strong rapport between Cousins and Pryor.

6th- Montae Nicholson. I absolutely hated this pick, he shouldn't have been taken anywhere near the 4th. SPARQ guy, not a football player. Would love for him to make me eat my words.

7th- Cravens/Everett. We're all still crushing on Cravens, but the way Everett came on in the 2nd half of last season, he may be deserving of the job next to Swearinger.

Well, should have just listed the whole team while I was at it... Anyhow, looking forward to quite a bit at camp. Good thread.

4 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Galette

Murphy

Smith

Kerrigan 

Anderson 

Thats an absurd amount of resources at OLB.

I want Grant to blow the **** up and set the world on fire.

Ya, I still don't think its sunk in for many outside the fan base how many passrushers we have now.  Defense doesn't need to be great for us to have a winning record, but there's no way they suck as bad as they did last year.

I will be pleasantly surprised if Grant does tear it up.  Gruden's offense works at getting people open, so he just needs to catch it when it comes his way and he'll get his.

Obviously want to get a look at the rookies and FAs (I count Doctson in there), but it's mostly about positions for me.

My main interest is the defense and who's going to be working out as first team NT, ILB and SS. Get the spine right and the rest will follow.

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Ya, I still don't think its sunk in for many outside the fan base how many passrushers we have now.  Defense doesn't need to be great for us to have a winning record, but there's no way they suck as bad as they did last year.

I will be pleasantly surprised if Grant does tear it up.  Gruden's offense works at getting people open, so he just needs to catch it when it comes his way and he'll get his.

If we can actually stop the run and considering we completely replaced all three starters on the line, so we should, then maybe we can get leads and force teams into 2/3rd and longs and bring all those pass rushers on the field at once every once in a while.

Every damn player I can see because I am back home in Virginia & am just under an hour from Richmond!!!!!.  I've lived in DFW for the last, basically, 20 years.  I've never even SEEN a ****ing Redskins training camp.  Hell, I'm cruising Richmond tomorrow (part of my territory) to see if I can spot anyone arriving then.  Seriously, does anyone know when the players start showing up?  I've noticed some really nice cars down here in Hampton Roads, especially when I go towards Rich, over the last couple of days....hmmmmm.  I'm a wee bit stoked.  Sorry for the exuberance. NOT!  Hail

I am absolutely GEEKED to see Perine in pads, hitting defenders with his low-center of gravity. I am salivating at his NFL potential, especially in short-yardage and goal-line situations. He is the main reason I think the Redskins Red-Zone production will improve this year (then again having 2 WRs an a TE who are all 6'2" plus helps)

Josh Docston. And it's not even close. It's like we have two new first rounders to get excited about this season, but one of them we've had to suffer to see. 

Outside of him: 

-All of our rookies, as always

-Preston Smith

-Zach Brown

-All the new Dlinemen

-Fuller

6 hours ago, thesubmittedone said:

Josh Docston. And it's not even close. It's like we have two new first rounders to get excited about this season, but one of them we've had to suffer to see. 

Outside of him: 

-All of our rookies, as always

-Preston Smith

-Zach Brown

-All the new Dlinemen

-Fuller

Yeah surprised Josh Docston is not on everyone's list, he's certainly at the top of mine.  

11 hours ago, Diehard Otis said:

I wanna see how the Rookies look.  Plus, there's always an overachiever that works himself into a position of Final Cuts/Opening Day Roster.  Color me curious to know who that young Player will be.

And I wanna see how much Galette has left in the tank.

Yeah, there's also always a young unheralded, undrafted player who, to us, looks really good in training camp practice and preseason games. Then he is surprisingly cut when the roster is trimmed down. Much of the fan base reacts with outrage and vows that he will sign with another team and tear it up for them.

Of course, we never hear from that player again. :) 

I wonder who it will be this year?

7 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Yeah, there's also always a young unheralded, undrafted player who, to us, looks really good in training camp practice and preseason games. Then he is surprisingly cut when the roster is trimmed down. Much of the fan base reacts with outrage and vows that he will sign with another team and tear it up for them.

Of course, we never hear from that player again. :) 

I wonder who it will be this year?

For every Mo Harris, there's 20 TJ Thorpes.

I am interested to - well read about Joey Mbu or Francis - I am curious how they are going to man that NT spot and get some beef in the middle to stop the run which is going to be key to slowing the Cowboys (for instance) - 

- I am also keen to see how the new look WR group look - and when they get some pads on if we have anything at running back. I think the interesting thing this year is how that balance will fall between the run and pass. 

Sudfeld. And hear me out on this before the bashing begins. IF Cousins is gone next year. We need to know what we have in Sudfeld. Or else we are going to be drafting a QB early in next years draft. I am in no way saying that Sudfeld is better than Cousins. Simply that we need to know if the guy is capable of being a starter in this league. And we need to find that out during this pre season if at all possible.

Archived