Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which players are you most excited to see at Training Camp?

returnofthefunbunch

All of the above people mentioned obviously.  But as crazy as it may sound I want to see what we have in Keith Marshall.  He was a top recruit out of HS, he has insane speed for his size especially and he is more than two years removed from his Knee injury.  I want to see if you can bump out at least Brown.

Also I want to see Doctson, healthy and competing, especially his catching ability.

1 hour ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

Anyone heard any updates on Fabian Moreau's status?  I know he was supposed to be re-evaluated and possibly not on the PUP list.  

Player physicals are today.

They'll probably decide later this afternoon if anyone needs to go on the PUP list.

All of the above are great answers. I can't hardly wait, exception being R. Grant. Am I the only one who thinks that it seems every year he shines in TC only to disappoint when called upon. If his TC and season performance could stay consistent, I could be a little more excited.

35 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

All of the above are great answers. I can't hardly wait, exception being R. Grant. Am I the only one who thinks that it seems every year he shines in TC only to disappoint when called upon. If his TC and season performance could stay consistent, I could be a little more excited.

You are not alone. It's tough to get excited about a 4th year ~#4 WR no matter how much the coach talks him up. Sure we all want him to dominate and feed us crow, but I would swear he leads the team in slips / target the past 2 years. He'll get ~1-2 targets per game. It doesn't matter how great a route he runs in practice if he falls when called upon. On the field he almost looked better as a rookie. 

I know his defense team will counter, but I think just because he was a better blocker than DJax, doesn't necessarily make him a good blocker.  DJax set a low bar. I think he will be hard pressed to be a better blocker than the fleet of big boys we finally brought into the fold. I also think our run blocking has sucked during his extended time as our run blocking WR (but obviously not all his fault).  Would he get those same snaps had DJax been a better blocker? I don't think so. Maybe we will take snaps from Crowder this year on obvious run downs, now that Crowder is outside. 

Someone's try at a depth chart... with Crowder still in the slot.

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/WAS

Oh, and I can't wait to see Brandon Banks at left end.

I cant wait to see Pryor, Doctson, Perine, Kirk on D I want to see Swearinger, the entire D-Line, Su'a.

Couple Things:  I want to see if Kirk can get on the same page with Pryor and Doctson quickly.  That will be very exciting.  

I think the running back situation will turn into a FULL ON competition between, Kelley, Brown, Perine.  Honestly I like how all 3 run the ball.

Ryan Grant will have a decent camp but lets be real.  We have Pryor, Doctson, Crowder, Quick, Harris.  All have produced better then Grant.  Please please please CUT this bum!

8 minutes ago, Audible_Red40 said:

From the other side of not big names I really am excited to see what Fish Smithson has got to offer.

There has been a few positive write-ups about this UDFA.

Good call.  He may be one of the better UDFA's in this years draft.  I was actually extremely shocked he wasn't drafted.  Good player.  Hail

The top of the list for me is Junior Gallette. For me this is over a two year wait. I love the fire he seems to have to wait to play football. Pryor looks to have the same fire. Maybe I just see too many of these guy's workout vids on IG.

14 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

I really hope to see this happen.

. . . we're talking Bruce Allen, right?

If only... taking out the trash!!!

I just watched several clips from this article (Where will Jonathan Allen Play?) and I loved how Tomsula interacted with Allen. He seems to really know how to get his message across, and I think it is going to be fun to watch our DL get better this year. I'll be watching that and of course the OL in camp.

31 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I'm also excited to see Brian Quick and how fast he can click with Kirk. Quick may turn out to be the best 3 or 4 WR we have. I've always liked his potential.

I'm interested in seeing what he brings, too.  To be honest I don't see him as a 3 or maybe even a 4.  Pryor, Doctson, and Crowder barring injury look to be the top three.  You've got Harris who really showed up last year when given his chances, and then there's the love affair with Grant.

A good problem to have.

I remember not seeing Quick's name mentioned at all in early OTA reports, while all the other WRs were.  I wonder what happened, if anything,  Maybe he wasn't in peak shape, or struggled with a new playbook, or ________ ?

I too am interested to see what he can bring to the team. I was eyeballing him last fantasy season when my team was decimated.

10 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I remember not seeing Quick's name mentioned at all in early OTA reports, while all the other WRs were.  I wonder what happened, if anything,  Maybe he wasn't in peak shape, or struggled with a new playbook, or ________ ?

I too am interested to see what he can bring to the team. I was eyeballing him last fantasy season when my team was decimated.

I watched the presser just now and Gruden didn't mention him.  Mentioned Pryor, Doctson, Crowder, Grant, and Harris.  I mean, if you remember Maurice Harris, then you'd remember Brian Quick if he were worth remembering.

I wouldn't be surprised if he were on the wire come cuts to 53.

2 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

I watched the presser just now and Gruden didn't mention him.  Mentioned Pryor, Doctson, Crowder, Grant, and Harris.  I mean, if you remember Maurice Harris, then you'd remember Brian Quick if he were worth remembering.

I wouldn't be surprised if he were on the wire come cuts to 53.

Yes, several analysts and reporters whose articles I have read, have said that they didn't think Quick was going to make the team.

Partly because he didn't do much in OTAs and mini-camp. Partly it's just a numbers game. Pryor, Crowder, Docston, and most likely Grant are locks to make the team.

The Redskins probably want to keep a couple of the young prospects who look good, like Harris, on the team. 

That leaves someone like Quick on the outside looking in.

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

I'm also excited to see Brian Quick and how fast he can click with Kirk. Quick may turn out to be the best 3 or 4 WR we have. I've always liked his potential.

I've been hearing the past several weeks from the pods I listen to that Brian Quick has looked bad and heard him described by different reporters as likely to be cut and not make the 53.

I was excited to see him signed because I knew he was the first player selected in the second round of the 2012 draft coming out a very small school and played on bad teams the past few years but not because of what I think he can bring. I really would like to see if these beat reporters are all full of it or if they were right all along.

Besides the guys mentioned already I really want to see Crowder. I hope to see him make the 3rd year jump. If he does he will be a real nice fantasy asset. If he's the same guy he was last year where he was ignored in the passing game he becomes someone I will avoid.

Archived