Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have you ever smoked Weed before???

Renegade7

Have you ever smoked Weed before??? Do you still?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever smoked weed before???

• Yes, and I liked it
    • Yes, but I didn't like it
    • No, but I'm open to trying it at some point
    • No, and I'm never going to

On 2/7/2019 at 11:29 AM, abdcskins said:

Just got back from the marijuana store. Good ol California man. There is one like four blocks from my house, I just walked there and back. 

Yeah, I have a shop less than a mile from my house. So convenient and the employees are super helpful when asking questions about all the modern ways to use the product. I am pretty much still just a straight flower/leaf/bud user at the moment. Probably will eventually branch out to vaping, dabbing, etc etc......

I got to say, last few times I ripped off the bowl I ended up staying in the garage way longer then planned listening to music.  When I was younger I was never the "get high and listen to some tunes" kind of person (outside of going to actual concerts), but going back and listening to music from the 60's & 70's while I am blitzed it just blows my mind the complexity in the songs, the lyrics, the arrangements.  Some of it is just so good I will sit there and just smile at the experience.  I certainly now know why most of these bands were tripped the hell out when they composed a lot of their material. *Cheers*

• Like 3

Church says members can smoke weed – and 6,000 people join in first month

A church that allows its members to smoke cannabis during services is enjoying a sudden rush of popularity.

The church, the Lion of Judah House of Rastafari in Madison, Wisconsin, opened a month ago.

Church leaders Jesse Schworck and Dylan Bangert say that while cannabis is illegal in Wisconsin, members are allowed to smoke during services under the US Freedom Restoration act.

"This is a non-profit church," Schworck told Channel 3000.

"We all use cannabis to meditate and also for the religious purpose for uplifting our mind and our body and our spirit." 

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/18/2019 at 4:26 PM, NoCalMike said:

I got to say, last few times I ripped off the bowl I ended up staying in the garage way longer then planned listening to music.  When I was younger I was never the "get high and listen to some tunes" kind of person (outside of going to actual concerts), but going back and listening to music from the 60's & 70's while I am blitzed it just blows my mind the complexity in the songs, the lyrics, the arrangements.  Some of it is just so good I will sit there and just smile at the experience.  I certainly now know why most of these bands were tripped the hell out when they composed a lot of their material. *Cheers*

You got headphones? You gotta have headphones.

On 2/2/2019 at 2:00 PM, Chew said:

Man, I've really been going down the rabbit hole lately with the edibles.  Getting super duper high with 100-150 MGs at a time, I'll lay down at night, listen to Theta Wave music, and just let the drugs take me wherever I'm supposed to go.  Watching a lot of YouTube videos on lucid dreaming, exploring your subconscious, and astral projection.  Kind of weird how I'm not religious at all, but I am realizing how much of a spiritual person I am. 

14 hours ago, China said:

Church says members can smoke weed – and 6,000 people join in first month

A church that allows its members to smoke cannabis during services is enjoying a sudden rush of popularity.

The church, the Lion of Judah House of Rastafari in Madison, Wisconsin, opened a month ago.

Church leaders Jesse Schworck and Dylan Bangert say that while cannabis is illegal in Wisconsin, members are allowed to smoke during services under the US Freedom Restoration act.

"This is a non-profit church," Schworck told Channel 3000.

"We all use cannabis to meditate and also for the religious purpose for uplifting our mind and our body and our spirit." 

The Church of @Chew

You need a 5th option, Yes but the experience was hit or miss. I smoked alot of pot between the ages of 19-23 and from what i remember ( not due to the weed, i think) sometimes the experience was great  and sometimes i had paranoia , i think thats when the weed is too strong , yes? If weed ever became legal, in the sense i could buy it at the gas station like pack of cigarettes i could see myself smoking again, once in awhile the same way i might treat myself to a 6 pack on the weekends. But going out of my way to get it , in my 40's at this point in my life, Nah, no desire too.

33 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

You need a 5th option, Yes but the experience was hit or miss.

The poll question is more catered to your first time smoking.  I've had a batch before that gave me really bad anxiety maybe bout a year ago, so I wont say it's never happened to me, too, just took a while.  

Not weed, but...

'It makes me enjoy playing with the kids': is microdosing mushrooms going mainstream?

Rosie has just returned from the school run. She drops a bag of groceries on to her kitchen table, and reaches for a clear plastic cup, covered by a white hanky and sealed with a hairband. Inside is a grey powder; her finely ground homegrown magic mushrooms.

“I’ll take a very small dose, every three or four days,” she says, weighing out a thumbnail of powder on digital jewellery scales, purchased for their precision. “People take well over a gram recreationally. I weigh out about 0.12g and then just swallow it, like any food. It gives me an alertness, an assurance. I move from a place of anxiety to a normal state of confidence, not overconfidence.”

Over the last 12 months, I have been hearing the same story from a small but increasing number of women. At parties and even at the school gates, they have told me about a new secret weapon that is boosting their productivity at work, improving their parenting and enhancing their relationships. Not clean-eating or mindfulness but microdosing – taking doses of psychedelic drugs so tiny they are considered to be “subperceptual”. In other words, says Rosie: “You don’t feel high, just… better.”

It’s a trend that first emerged in San Francisco less than a decade ago. Unlike the hippies who flocked to the city in the 60s, these new evangelists of psychedelic drugs were not seeking oblivion. Quite the opposite. While a “full” tripping dose of LSD is about 100 micrograms, online forums began to buzz with ambitious tech workers from Silicon Valley eulogising the effect of taking 10 to 20 micrograms every few days. Others used magic mushrooms. While both drugs are illegal in the US and the UK, increasing numbers claimed that tiny amounts were making them more focused, creative and productive.

Yet the scientific evidence remains shaky. The latest study, published in February in the open- access journal Plos One and led by cognitive scientist Vince Polito, tracked the experience of 98 microdosers who were already using psychedelics – a class of drugs including LSD and psilocybin (the active ingredient in magic mushrooms).

There is, the study noted, “a perception of microdosing as a general panacea that is able to improve virtually all aspects of an individual’s life”. All 98 participants expected its benefits to be “large and wide-ranging”. Yet while some clear changes were noted – decreased mind-wandering, for example – the study found no evidence of increased creativity or life satisfaction. In fact, after six weeks of microdosing, a small increase in neuroticism was noted.

The study’s participants did, however, report lower levels of stress and depression. It was this that drew Rosie to try it. “I’ve done the traditional treatments,” she tells me. “Therapy helped hugely – it got me out of a seriously bad place and to a functioning one. And for many years, I was functioning very well, outwardly. No one would have known. But inside, I was a mess.”

Antidepressants failed to work, so she stopped taking them after the birth of her second child, comforting herself with alcohol instead. “I wasn’t getting blind drunk and peeling myself off pavements,” she says. “But if I felt bad, my mind would immediately travel to the next drink I could have. It was the only thing that helped block out the sadness.”

That changed about a year ago, when friends began talking about microdosing. Rosie wondered whether it might have a positive effect on her mental health. She gave up booze, went online and found a company in Holland selling kits for growing your own magic mushrooms.

In the very early days, she got the dosage slightly wrong and found herself, “not tripping at all, but staring at a tree for slightly longer than passersby would find normal”. Otherwise, she says, the only down side is, “I can’t take it after 5pm or I can’t sleep.”

She is scrupulously careful to keep her mushrooms far out of the reach of her pre-teen children. “But it definitely doesn’t impair my ability to parent,” she says. “If anything, my awareness is sharpened.”

in 2011, came The Psychedelic Explorer’s Guide. Written by American psychologist and researcher James Fadiman, it introduced the term microdosing into popular culture, setting out appropriate doses (10 micrograms of LSD every three days) and including glowing first-hand reports of improved productivity. He attracted evangelical followers in the US, and then across the world. Scientific research into the practice began, too.

“There’s only one genuine concern about microdosing,” says David Nutt, former chief drugs adviser to the government and author of Drugs: Without The Hot Air. “There’s a theoretical possibility that a relatively low dose of LSD, taken every day, could narrow the heart valves.” Beyond that, he says, there is no evidence that even “full” doses of LSD are dangerous to health (though clearly, the ill-advised actions of those under its effects can be). But users should not underestimate its illegality: “Possession carries a maximum penalty of seven years in prison,” he says.

Chloe is 40, lives in Yorkshire and runs a business in the hospitality sector. Like Rosie, she began microdosing as a means of addressing mental health problems, after suffering “quite a serious breakdown”. Unlike her, however, she uses LSD, cutting a tab into 16 tiny triangles – a process she acknowledges is “inexact” – and taking one of these on each microdosing day.

“You can get acid delivered from the dark web, if you have a techy friend,” she says. “Otherwise you have to get it through dealers, unfortunately.” A 200mcg tab, costs her about £5, making each microdose come in at 30p. Given the irregularity with which she microdoses, she estimates that she is spending about £2 a month.

“If the impact on my life is finally finding a way out of depression, then I’m comfortable making that choice,” she says. “The first day I microdosed was the best day I’d had in five years. For so long, I’d felt like I’d been sedated. It’s so miserable when you know you used to be excitable and enthusiastic. But that day, it felt like a lightbulb had been turned on in my mind. I felt giddy, just really glad to be alive. I’d not had those feelings for so, so long.”

It hasn’t been totally straightforward; the first time her partner tried microdosing, “he had a massive panic attack. It really amplified his anxiety,” she says. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

How does one buy weed in DC?

Grey area. 

Can legally possess up to 2 ounces and can grow up to 6 plants in DC but you can't buy or sell. It is legal to give some to another adult though. 

So you can go buy a $40 sticker and get a free gift of weed. 

• Like 1

On 4/18/2019 at 4:26 PM, NoCalMike said:

Yeah, I have a shop less than a mile from my house. So convenient and the employees are super helpful when asking questions about all the modern ways to use the product.

My observation was also that weed shop employees are happy mother****ers. They LOVE working in a weed shop.

5 hours ago, Chew said:

Edibles-Dosing-Chart-v2.png

Please. I just bought some edibles for the first time. Trying them right now and these things aren’t ****.