Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Pretty telling that she still didn't listen to a single word he said, no matter how logical and factual.

Just goes to show that these people are lost. They're all the way down the conspiracy theory rabbit hole and nobody is going to bring them out. Hell, they even booed their savior, Trump himself, when he suggested they get vaccinated at a rally recently.

With all the election fraud and anti-vax/anti-mask rhetoric the GOP has truly created a monster it can no longer control. I hope it eats them alive.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Pretty telling that she still didn't listen to a single word he said, no matter how logical and factual.

Just goes to show that these people are lost. They're all the way down the conspiracy theory rabbit hole and nobody is going to bring them out. Hell, they even booed their savior, Trump himself, when he suggested they get vaccinated at a rally recently.

With all the election fraud and anti-vax/anti-mask rhetoric the GOP has truly created a monster it can no longer control. I hope it eats them alive.

She's just playing the role of a Trump supporter. It's very convincing.

29 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

She's just playing the role of a Trump supporter. It's very convincing.

Oh is that actually someone trolling as a MAGA?

If so, it's pretty telling that I can't see the difference between a MAGA and a person acting outrageous and pretending to be one.

34 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Oh is that actually someone trolling as a MAGA?

If so, it's pretty telling that I can't see the difference between a MAGA and a person acting outrageous and pretending to be one.

Yeah, the group makes hidden camera videos of them pretending to be MAGA interacting with GOP politicians. Just to see how they talk to their wacky ass base. It's actually surprising that Ron Johnson didn't go full stolen election. Maybe he plans on retiring or only saves that for national TV.

Here's them talking to Texas state reps. If they thought they were talking to normies they'd be going all on about election security and not trying to win elections.

• Like 1

I'm actually not overly surprised that Johnson was talking to them like that. He's a horrible asshat but he's not necessarily stupid. His whole Trump sycophant deal is just him being a cynical SOB who will do whatever he thinks it will take to stay in power.

On an individual level he likely thinks MAGAs are complete trash and has nothing but contempt for them (welcome to the club, Ron!). He probably gets sick of hearing this dumb **** and didn't realize he was being recorded so he let loose on individuals who he thought were standard issue MAGA mouth breathers.

I wonder if he'll get blowback for this from the base, and if so I wonder how he'll try to spin it.

On 8/30/2021 at 10:36 AM, KAOSkins said:

Riding that tiger is a whole lot harder than it might seem. The sidestepping, continual crisis mode that works for someone like Trump (disgustingly, he is a master at it) is wholly beyond Ted Cruz.  I expect it's beyond deSantis too.  

But no doubt, if someone could pull of the demogoguery and have a disciplined agenda, they could wreak some real havoc.  We are very susceptible to that.

Cruz sucks at that ****, but DeSantis is good at it....  he speaks moron, and the morons grok him

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mcsluggo said:

Cruz sucks at that ****, but DeSantis is good at it....  he speaks moron, and the morons grok him

We have yet to see if it works on people whose brains haven't been addled by the heat and humidity. Florida man has always been cray cray.

Kudos for the Heinlein reference.

Edited by KAOSkins
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

The only good thing about trumpism is it injected steroids into the long-standing tradition of conservatives eating their own if they step out of line. 

in an odd way it comes as almost a natural balancing act for the two parties, as the Dems have long had an issue of being a big tent party and the gop has been in lockstep. Making it easier for a slight majority R to get what they want, and a minority R to stop the Dems from getting what the Dems want

if I were to bet I’d bet one one of the two things to follow:

- the gop brand fractures and ultimately helps balance things this way for longer

- the gop shrinks and coalesces around trumpism and the gop loses its power in that regard

long term I don’t see the gop coalescing around trumpism leading to increased gop influence w/o serious election rigging. That’s long term though. 22 looks rough for the Dems at the moment. 

I watched a segment that made a solid argument McConnell has lost control of the party. I don’t think that’s a good thing for gop coffers. I don’t know where all that money will go, but I would think it’s a problem for them. 

1 minute ago, tshile said:

as the Dems have long had an issue of being a big tent party and the gop has been in lockstep.

I've been thinking about the idea that the only way to get true bipartisan debate is with an overwhelming Democratic majority. After all, the Democratic centrists and progressives are capable of arguing, disagreeing, and coming up with compromises. They are also capable of being obstinate, obstructive blockheads to each other. 

I mean... who really needs the Republicans. To get an honest bipartisan debate, all you need is democrat vs. democrat.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

The belief, among a lot of moderate GOPers, at least amongst my friends, is really that Dems are **** hat wearing, income redistributing, cowards.  They'll still vote for Satan rather than what they think of as a lib.  The indoctrination is in full effect.

This is despite the evidence that I am twice the fisherman, twice the shot (with a firearm) and twice the outdoorsman any of them are.  With cheaper equipment and a lower budget.  IOW I am twice the redneck any of them are... but I support the **** hat wearers.  That really is one that comes up continually, the good ol **** hat.

Mind you, this is men not their wives, etc.

Edited by KAOSkins
  • Like 4

55 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Short term, 22; gop will win big.

Though with abortion effectively illegal in Texas; that could be an issue in 22. I fully expect other states with full gop control to pass laws similar to Texas.

How many of your predictions have actually come true?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Borgold said:

I've been thinking about the idea that the only way to get true bipartisan debate is with an overwhelming Democratic majority. After all, the Democratic centrists and progressives are capable of arguing, disagreeing, and coming up with compromises. They are also capable of being obstinate, obstructive blockheads to each other. 

I mean... who really needs the Republicans. To get an honest bipartisan debate, all you need is democrat vs. democrat.

yeah. I mean, it’s the number one thing that attracts me to them. A bunch of people with different ideas that are willing to try to hash out compromises in an honest effort to address real problems. 

i may not like my progressive friends’ solutions, but I appreciate them willing to discuss it. 

the other party? They’re basically an anarchist/anti-government party. 

well basically anti-authority in general. Law (sovereign citizens/Bundy/et al), science (um, everything?), decency (racism/sexism), education (um, everything?)

and when you actually look at how they conduct themselves as adults, they might not realize it, but they’ve reached a point of being anti-Christian as well (and did a ways back.) they may cling to Christianity as some sort of identify - but they don’t follow a damn thing about it. 

hell many of them basically worshiped trump as a god and called him such - which is literally one of the ****ing commandments. 

they’re just scum at this point. A roadblock to doing anything productive. 

I cannot for the life of me figure out why anyone would want to identify as them. Independent, moderate, whatever. But as a Republican? You might as well just say you identify with categorically being stupid and childish. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tshile said:

yeah. I mean, it’s the number one thing that attracts me to them. A bunch of people with different ideas that are willing to try to hash out compromises in an honest effort to address real problems. 

i may not like my progressive friends’ solutions, but I appreciate them willing to discuss it. 

the other party? They’re basically an anarchist/anti-government party. 

well basically anti-authority in general. Law (sovereign citizens/Bundy/et al), science (um, everything?), decency (racism/sexism), education (um, everything?)

and when you actually look at how they conduct themselves as adults, they might not realize it, but they’ve reached a point of being anti-Christian as well (and did a ways back.) they may cling to Christianity as some sort of identify - but they don’t follow a damn thing about it. 

hell many of them basically worshiped trump as a god and called him such - which is literally one of the ****ing commandments. 

they’re just scum at this point. A roadblock to doing anything productive. 

I cannot for the life of me figure out why anyone would want to identify as them. Independent, moderate, whatever. But as a Republican? You might as well just say you identify with categorically being stupid and childish. 

I think it says something that the GOP no longer is even willing to have a platform. They won't put in writing what they stand for or what they most hope to achieve. I mean politicians are supposed to be full of empty platitudes and promises that come back to haunt them. Seriously though, the absolute vacuum of plans or positions is something I hope changes.

Vote for me because I'm on your team and the other guy is evil, should never be enough. 

• Like 3