Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

I'll only buy this as relevant when GOP says they don't have enough money to run campaigns in Minnesota, then considering it fruitless anyway, stop running in any elections in the state.

I'm not buying there's no ruby red rural counties in Minnesota, and as tight as the House seems to be, it would be remarkable to see them bail on any mostly rural house seats in any state.

Giving up on winning presidential, senate, or even governor races would be significant, but reading the article Dems JUST got full control even after all mentioned in the article.  I would thought they been had state legislature control the way the article was heading.

Abandon a state all together, Abandon California, Abandon New York, that's the sign needed the GOP is dying off from being a major party.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

WHY IS THIS THE FIRST I'M HEARING ABOUT A BALL-KICKING BRAWL BETWEEN REPUBLICANS?!?!?!?

deets a couple of pages ago.

Kick to the nads was the opening move.

One guy went to the hospital w/ a broken rib. Says he will press charges.

I'm wondering who's footing the bill for the internal investigation

f7eff1df-8fb4-40ad-81b1-0ab06c81a310_text.gif.e4a59b8682c9923c9aa1972c05bfc9d6.gif

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I'll only buy this as relevant when GOP says they don't have enough money to run campaigns in Minnesota, then considering it fruitless anyway, stop running in any elections in the state.

I'm not buying there's no ruby red rural counties in Minnesota, and as tight as the House seems to be, it would be remarkable to see them bail on any mostly rural house seats in any state.

Giving up on winning presidential, senate, or even governor races would be significant, but reading the article Dems JUST got full control even after all mentioned in the article.  I would thought they been had state legislature control the way the article was heading.

Abandon a state all together, Abandon California, Abandon New York, that's the sign needed the GOP is dying off from being a major party.

yeah my first question was - is this normal for a lower performing state in an off year?

do they normally true up financially when elections are in full swing and donations are more active?

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

WHY IS THIS THE FIRST I'M HEARING ABOUT A BALL-KICKING BRAWL BETWEEN REPUBLICANS?!?!?!?

Dems would be nuts to not put more into those states and go after as many local and state level offices as possible in 2024. That means they won't do it.

BTW, the brawl was between MTG and Boebert. Don't get too excited. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Minnesota hasn't voted for a GOP presidential candidate in over 50 years, and the Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party gained full control of the state legislature. It might make more sense for the national GOP to give up on Minny and focus their limited resources elsewhere.

2 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

image.png.2f153b93d58a4a0b926430699add3f7c.png

Isn't that how they say hello to each other?

Edited by Skintime
Cant spell
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

image.png.2f153b93d58a4a0b926430699add3f7c.png

Because you haven't been reading this thread?  Posted a couple of pages back a couple of days ago:

2 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Minnesota hasn't voted for a GOP presidential candidate in over 50 years, and the Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party gained full control of the state legislature. It might make more sense for the national GOP to give up on Minny and focus their limited resources elsewhere.

I agree, but until they do, they havent...

• Like 1

Mississippi Attorney General Wants Info On Out-of-State Abortions, Gender-Affirming Care

Mississippi authorities need access to information about residents who obtain abortions or gender-affirming care in other states, Attorney General Lynn Fitch told the Biden administration in a June 16 letter. Attorneys general from 18 other states attorneys general signed onto the letter.

Fitch’s letter calls on U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Xavier Becerra to drop a proposed rule change that would prevent states from obtaining private health information “for a criminal, civil, or administrative investigation into or proceeding against any person in connection with seeking, obtaining, providing, or facilitating reproductive health care … outside of the state where the investigation or proceeding is authorized” and “is lawful in the state where it is provided.”

Fitch’s letter accuses the Biden administration of pushing “a false narrative that States are seeking to treat pregnant women as criminals or punish medical personnel who provide lifesaving care.”

“Based on this lie, the Administration has sought to wrest control over abortion back from the people in defiance of the Constitution and Dobbs,” the letter says. “… The proposed rule defies the governing statute, would unlawfully interfere with States’ authority to enforce their laws, and does not serve any legitimate need.”

Attorney General Lynn Fitch’s office successfully argued for the overturn of Roe v. Wade in June 2022’s U.S. Supreme Court decision Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization, which allowed states like Mississippi to enact sweeping abortion bans. The bans have forced patients to travel hundreds or even thousands of miles to obtain care in states where abortion remains lawful. One of those people, a teen rape victim who had to travel 500 miles to Illinois to obtain an abortion, shared her story last year but did not reveal her identity.

The proposed rule change, which HHS unveiled days later on April 17, warns that criminal, civil or administrative investigations into abortions performed across state lines could  “chill access to lawful health care and full communication between individuals and health care providers.” Such information, the document says, “requires heightened protections.”

“After Dobbs, the Department has heard concerns that civil, criminal, or administrative investigations or proceedings have been instituted or threatened on the basis of reproductive health care that is lawful under the circumstances in which it is provided,” it says. “The threat that (private health information) will be obtained and used in such an investigation or proceeding is likely to chill individuals’ willingness to seek lawful treatment or to provide full information to their health care providers when obtaining that treatment.”

Fitch hints in her letter that she could bring a lawsuit to block the proposed federal rule if it goes into effect. “The proposed rule is at odds with the Constitution,” the letter says, arguing that it would “threaten States’ ability to exercise their longstanding medical oversight authority.”

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb down 1

7 hours ago, China said:

Fitch hints in her letter that she could bring a lawsuit to block the proposed federal rule if it goes into effect. “The proposed rule is at odds with the Constitution,” the letter says, arguing that it would “threaten States’ ability to exercise their longstanding medical oversight authority.”

1). Admiring the fact that the letter is stating that abortion is a medical procedure. 

2). And admiring the assertion of "states' longstanding authority" to regulate oversight over other state's medicine, and interstate commerce. 

• Like 1

This video can't be real...I mean it's...there are...I mean...it's just so....the pipe, I mean for God's sake, the pipe...and then they....and we're supposed to...

*sigh*

If this video IS real, this is the type of stuff 87% of Republicans base their world view around. Hell, half the Repub congressmen were probably shown this video in 7th grade.

(making it NSFW even though it's rather tame)

Spoiler

• Haha 2