Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

Not to mention hospitals are full of "doctors" and use "science" and "education" and whatnot.

If they had any conviction in their beliefs, they should stay away on their own. I can't speak for any actual Libs, but just for myself, I'd feel owned completely if they did this. They'd put me right in my place.
Maybe they could go to a church or something. Handle some snakes. I've heard that works.

~Bang

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Meh. I still say people who refuse to get vaccinated (for a reason that's not legit medical) shouldn't be allowed to clog up hospital beds. If the vaccine is poison and COVID-19 is a lie, you should be fine.

This is one of those problems that solve it self, once it’s bad enough. 

the unfortunate truth is that there is a rationing care framework for when things are that bad. And… being unvaccinated is going to put you at the bottom of the list. They may not have specifically lined out in the framework “unvaccinated means end of the line”, because that’s probably a liability… but the rest of the policy effectively will mean that. Likelihood to survive, severeness of symptoms… yeah these will put you at the back of the line and being unvaccinated makes it so you are very likely to meet these other definitions (we’re talking about being sick enough to need acute level care…) 

of course that doesn’t do anything for getting up to that point - if you’re just below the rationing care point then yeah, those people are clogging things up. You’re talking about exhausting staff, which leads to more mistakes, and generally screwing up staffing (cause people quit or don’t even apply for hospitals because of it)

but there’s a breaking point after which, your desire is basically what’s happening. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, China said:

National Archives asks Justice Department to probe Trump's handling of White House records

The National Archives and Records Administration has asked the Justice Department to examine whether former President Donald Trump’s handling of White House records violated federal law, two administration officials told NBC News.

One official said it's unclear whether the Justice Department would take up the request, saying it’s all very preliminary. The Washington Post first reported the National Archives’ request.

The Justice Department and the National Archives declined requests for comment. A representative for Trump did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The National Archives said Monday that Trump had to return 15 boxes of documents that were improperly taken from the White House.

In mid-January, the National Archives "arranged for the transport from the Trump Mar-a-Lago property in Florida to the National Archives of 15 boxes that contained Presidential records, following discussions with President Trump’s representatives in 2021,” the agency said in a statement.

Among the items Trump had to return were correspondence with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un that Trump has described as “beautiful letters,” two sources told The Post, as well as a handwritten letter that former President Barack Obama had left behind in the Oval Office for his successor. NBC News hasn’t independently confirmed the contents of the boxes.

Click on the link for the full article

Trump claims he was 'under no obligation' to return 15 boxes of documents — despite federal law

Donald Trump, the former president currently under criminal investigation for alleged election interference caught on tape, is claiming he did not have to return the 15 boxes of White House documents he took to Mar-a-Lago, some of which may have been classified.

“The papers were given easily and without conflict and on a very friendly basis, which is different from the accounts being drawn up by the Fake News Media,” Trump said in a statement Thursday, NBC News reports. “In fact, it was viewed as routine and ‘no big deal.’ In actuality, I have been told I was under no obligation to give this material based on various legal rulings that have been made over the years.”

That claim is in direct conflict with actions taken by the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA).

Just another point of evidence that shows he thinks he is above the law.  And, until or unless something happens where he faces consequences for all his illegal actions, he's right.

• Thumb down 1

What does it actually take to arrest this guy for breaking the law, admitting it, and saying he doesn't have to follow the law?

Man, **** this ****ing ****.

"Nation of laws" my ****ing ass.

~Banging my head against the ****ing wall trying to understand ANY of this ****.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2

Trump-endorsed Maryland candidate seeks Hogan impeachment

A Republican lawmaker who has been endorsed by former President Donald Trump in his run for governor of Maryland introduced a resolution on Thursday to impeach popular Republican Gov. Larry Hogan, accusing him of “malfeasance in office.”

The resolution introduced by Del. Dan Cox, who represents parts Frederick and Carroll counties, also accuses Hogan of “misuse of the police power, violations of the separation of powers, theft of the people’s liberty and property, deprivation of the religious liberties of the people, and abuse of power under false pretenses.”

While unlikely to advance, the resolution introduced in the Maryland House of Delegates underscores division in the GOP regarding support for Trump.

The governor, who is term limited and hasn’t ruled out a White House bid in 2024, has been a frequent Trump critic. Michael Ricci, a spokesman for Hogan, dismissed the delegate as “a QAnon conspiracy theorist.”

• Thumb down 1

The unfortunate thing about the documents being flushed is that while they are marked secret or whatever classification, he as President was the highest classification authority in the country. So he could literally call them declassified and they were. I’m not even sure there much of a process to it, and the government is so flippant with classified information at that level it’s scary already. If anything gets him, I’m pretty confident it won’t be the flushing.  

But **** it here's hoping 🤞🏽 

Now……him stealing classified info AFTER losing the election?? Sounds like treason to me. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Llevron said:

The unfortunate thing about the documents being flushed is that while they are marked secret or whatever classification, he as President was the highest classification authority in the country. So he could literally call them declassified and they were. I’m not even sure there much of a process to it, and the government is so flippant with classified information at that level it’s scary already. If anything gets him, I’m pretty confident it won’t be the flushing.  

But **** it here's hoping 🤞🏽 

Now……him stealing classified info AFTER losing the election?? Sounds like treason to me. 

but we don’t know what it was. Should have been saved as part of the presidential records, right? So it doesn’t matter if it wasn’t classified, if he was purposely hiding it or if he just ran out of toilet paper and after his 6th Big Mac of the day and that was all he had on him. 

I’m asking, I actually don’t know the details of this 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

but we don’t know what it was. Should have been saved as part of the presidential records, right? So it doesn’t matter if it wasn’t classified, if he was purposely hiding it or if he just ran out of toilet paper and after his 6th Big Mac of the day and that was all he had on him. 

I’m asking, I actually don’t know the details of this 

That’s a good point, the fact that there is a Presidential records act should make a difference. I mean this is literally why they created it. We shall see. I still think he is above the law but we will see what happens. 

2 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:
(Nancy Mace stuff)

Another hostage to Trump's republican chokehold. The desperation to stay in the race when the unchallenged former POTUS trashes her candidacy is baffling. She's basically telling her constituents that she never had and still has ZERO independent decision-making ability and has to literally beg for mercy from trump AND the voting base to have any chance whatsoever. Pathetic.

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Just pointing out, though?  

While no doubt Gazpacho jokes can be funny, I'm willing to bet, just based on experience, that whatever point it was that she thought she was making?  Deserves just as much ridicule. And is being ignored because of focusing on one wrong word. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Larry said:

Just pointing out, though?  

While no doubt Gazpacho jokes can be funny, I'm willing to bet, just based on experience, that whatever point it was that she thought she was making?  Deserves just as much ridicule. And is being ignored because of focusing on one wrong word. 

Everything that comes out of that ignorant bigot's mouth deserves ridicule. At least so far.  

• Thanks 1