Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What was your favorite film of 1986?

Ron78

What was your favorite film of 1986?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What was your favorite film of 1986?

• Top Gun
    • Crocodile Dundee
    • Platoon
    • The Karate Kid Part II
    • Back to School
    • Aliens
    • Ruthless People
    • Ferris Bueller's Day Off
    • Down and Out in Beverly Hills
    • The Color of Money
    • Stand by Me
    • Cobra
    • Heartbreak Ridge
    • Peggy Sue Got Married
    • Poltergeist II: The Other Side
    • Short Circuit
    • Pretty in Pink
    • The Fly
    • Three Amigos
    • Gung Ho
    • Big Trouble in Little China
    • Wise Guys
    • Highlander
    • Transformers: The Movie
    • Other

Much stronger year than 1985.

I have to go with Aliens, a great movie that still looks sharp some 30 years after it was made.

2nd I have to go with Ferris Buellers Day Off, possibly my favorite Matthew Broderick movie.  

HM: Back to School. For Rodney Dangerfield alone. One of the funniest comedians ever. 

Again, lots of good ones. I picked Platoon because of how jarring it was, and i think Willam Dafoe is great in just about everything. .. but ****, Highlander is a great flick, who cares if Oscar likes those kinds of movies. The Kurgan is one of the greatest villains on screen.

Ferris Bueller never gets old, Big Trouble in Little China is ****ing GREAT, and should be a measuring stick for any sort of fantasy movie. 

Top Gun,, hell, if you ever saw it in the theater, there are no other images those two words can conjure other than that movie, UNLESS you were in the Navy Top Gun program.

~Bang

17 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Stand By Me had no votes before ya boy came in here and saved what was left of the thread's integrity.

I remember I went with my girlfriend to see Stand By Me when it came out.  When I was watching it, I thought that I'd seen the movie before because it seemed so familiar.  What I didn't realize at the time was that it was a movie of the novella "The Body" by Stephen King that I had read.  I was impressed with how closely it followed the book.

6 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I should give the Alien movies another try, I guess.  I remember watching them when I was a kid and being thoroughly unimpressed.  I don't like much sci fi to begin with but I should try to see what the fuss is all about.

You were right to be unimpressed.  Most of them are not very good.  Aliens was the best of them though.

5 minutes ago, Ron78 said:

You were right to be unimpressed.  Most of them are not very good.  Aliens was the best of them though.

This. I don't even care for the other movies in the Alien franchise, but the 2nd movie was great.

And for those of you saying Stand by Me, does that movie have any repeat value whatsoever?

21 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

It's flawed, but The Mission is my favorite movie from 1986.

Also like Aliens, Heartbreak Ridge, Ferris Bueller, Big Trouble in Little China, and Highlander.  All classics.

Don't care for Platoon though.  TBH I can't stand Oliver Stone movies.

Good point. Off the top f my head I can't think of one Oliver Stone movie I like. Wall Street maybe? At least it was moderately entertaining.

Wanted to throw a vote for Ruthless People - Damn that movie was funny - but gotta say Aliens as I can watch that movie over and over.

12 hours ago, Keith Huddleston said:

Much stronger year than 1985.

2nd I have to go with Ferris Buellers Day Off, possibly my favorite Matthew Broderick movie.  

Bueller was a good movie but Glory was a great movie. IMO Glory by far is Broderick's best movie - but to each their own.

Archived